Topic: The Racing Scene on Amazon Prime

I am like 10 minutes in and I have a feeling I will be watching it few times.

Re: The Racing Scene on Amazon Prime

Tell me more...

Silent But Deadly Racing-  Ricky Bobby's Laughing Clown Malt Liquor Thunderbird , Datsun 510, 87 Mustang (The Race Team Formerly Known as Prince), 72 Pinto Squire waggy, Parnelli Jones 67 Galaxie, Turbo Coupe Surf wagon.(The Surfin Bird), Squatting Dogs In Tracksuits,  Space Pants!  Roy Fuckin Kent and The tribute to a tribute to a tribute THUNDERBIRD/ SUNDAHBADOH!

James Garner and his racing exploits (a little driving, a lot of team owner) narrated by James Garner with random 1960's camp thrown in.  Lots of real life appearances by some names you can't forget and others you know you should know but have to google to remember.

Anything with James Garner is cool.. Thanks!!!

Silent But Deadly Racing-  Ricky Bobby's Laughing Clown Malt Liquor Thunderbird , Datsun 510, 87 Mustang (The Race Team Formerly Known as Prince), 72 Pinto Squire waggy, Parnelli Jones 67 Galaxie, Turbo Coupe Surf wagon.(The Surfin Bird), Squatting Dogs In Tracksuits,  Space Pants!  Roy Fuckin Kent and The tribute to a tribute to a tribute THUNDERBIRD/ SUNDAHBADOH!

♪How long has the coffee been on the burner in the kitchen? I could really use a cup about now. ♪

Idle Clatter Racing: 1979 Mercedes 300SD Delivery Spaceship,  "Not all ideas are good."
Fall 2013 CMP I.O.E.
Shine Country Classic 2014 and Southern Discomfort: Showed Up; Didn't Blowed Up
Humidi TT: DOMINATION. Barber 2015: "Least Southern Pickup Truck"

♪ Oh it's not very fresh. You see I meant to make more..
But I made the mistake of getting caught up watching Oprah...
She had on James Garner ♪

45+x Loser.....You'd think I would learn......
5x I.O.E  Winner   1 Heroic Fix Winner   1 Org Choice Winner
2x  I Got Screwed Winner    2x Class C Winner
(Still a Class B driver in a Class A car)

♪James Garner? What's he pitching?♪

Idle Clatter Racing: 1979 Mercedes 300SD Delivery Spaceship,  "Not all ideas are good."
Fall 2013 CMP I.O.E.
Shine Country Classic 2014 and Southern Discomfort: Showed Up; Didn't Blowed Up
Humidi TT: DOMINATION. Barber 2015: "Least Southern Pickup Truck"

♪ I don't know; some crappy movie on TNT...♪

big_smile

BigBird wrote:

big_smile

What is this TNT?

UUUUGGGGG!!!! 'Maybe AFTER qualifying we should finally put on the airfoil...' Wait, what? Absolutely infuriating, I wanted to hulk smash my computer around the 50 minute mark. This is exactly what's wrong with idiots bringing only money into racing, and why I prefer broke idiots that can actually hold a wrench.

As I understand it, Jame Garner was a real driver and occasional mechanic on the off-road side and he could drive fast on the road courses.  Most of the movie was about him being the money man in privateer role.  The wing thing confused me but maybe it was a timing thing (both historically, and time on that track for that qualifying).

My guess is, this was intended as a promotional to get folks interested in the road racing that might not have known a Lola from Ford Falcon.  Hence the camp, the random comments that seemed out of context to us today and the fact they did not delve into what a "broken suspension" was that took cars out of a race.  It might have even been a fluff piece to earn JG money for more racing as I am guessing it was put together from a single camera documentarian, stock footage and JG's narrative.