76 (edited by CPT_Trans_Continental 2016-07-15 04:04 PM)

Re: so the police want to tow my lemon out of my driveway...

mharrell wrote:
CPT_Trans_Continental wrote:

I used to live next to a guy who took pride in calling the HOA.

When we were looking to buy a house a couple of years ago we made it abundantly clear to our agent that it would be a waste of time to show us anything within an HOA, as that was an automatic deal-breaker. I like to think my wife and I are good neighbors but neither of us is at all interested in volunteering to be micromanaged on our own property.

When we were looking for our last house, we found a super cool floor plan in a yet to be built community. When we started going through the Atlanta phone book thick CC&R and it stated that their was a color palette for window coverings and that you could not own more cars than could fit in your garage, we asked for our deposit back. We went back after construction was completed and saw that one of the neighbors had installed a full size stagecoach on their front yard (1/4 acre lot) for landscaping. That's when we knew we had dodged a bullet.

'18 PNW-Organizer's Choice '17 PNW-IOE '15 PNW-Judge's Choice '14 PNW-Heroic Fix
Jagvair 2.0 Build   Jagvair YouTube  Jagvair Facebook

Re: HOAs, something I will never ever give in to...

So, I am a registered Democrat (call me a single issue voter if you will, but...) and my dad has always been a grumpy conservative Republican with occasional libertarian flare ups. I can't abide "condo commandos" and occasionally #140 needs to be driveway parked, among my ragtag fleet of cars. No HOA for me, not now, not ever.

So I got a certain satisfaction when I asked Dad, "Why is it exactly that you pay good money to be subject to one more level of government than I am subject to, anyway?"

That was ten years back, still awaiting an answer. smile

Tradewinds Tribesmen Racing (The road goes on forever…)
#289 1984 Corvette Z51 #124 1984 944 #110 2002 Passat
Gone but not forgotten, #427-Hong Kong Cavaliers Benz S500
IOE (Humber!) Hell on Wheels (Jaguar)

FWIW I mowed the yard, sold the Buick, and have a cover over 2/3 of the Olds.

Funnily enough, every time I get home from work, the cover has 'blown off'. Never happens when I'm home all day ...

Time to set up the motion-activated webcam ...

P.S. No HOA is one of the top three reasons I bought this house

#98 Oldsmobile Ninety-Eight - Class A car in the hands of a Class D team - MSR Houston IOE!

Heck, no HOA was a given...next house I am shooting for no neighbors close enough to see me pee off the back porch.

OnkelUdo wrote:

neighbors close enough to see me pee off the back porch.

I just do it anyway...they mind there own business now.

fyremanbill wrote:
OnkelUdo wrote:

neighbors close enough to see me pee off the back porch.

I just do it anyway...they mind there own business now.

Make eye contact while you do it; establishes dominance.

Quad4 CRX - Wartburg 311 - Civic Wagovan - Parnelli Jones Galaxie - LS400 - Lancia MR2 - Boat - Sentra - 56 Ford Victoria
Known Associate of 3pedal Mafia, Speedycop, and the Russians.  Maybe even NSF.

Fell off the roof, hit my neighbors house before I hit the ground.

'18 PNW-Organizer's Choice '17 PNW-IOE '15 PNW-Judge's Choice '14 PNW-Heroic Fix
Jagvair 2.0 Build   Jagvair YouTube  Jagvair Facebook

TeamRadicus wrote:

FWIW I mowed the yard, sold the Buick, and have a cover over 2/3 of the Olds.

Funnily enough, every time I get home from work, the cover has 'blown off'. Never happens when I'm home all day ...

Time to set up the motion-activated webcam ...

P.S. No HOA is one of the top three reasons I bought this house

I was on the team that you originally bought the Buick from.  I saw it ran at MSR in the Fall.  Who did you sell it to?

A team of phone guys I worked with implementing a new phone system in my day job. They did quite well as a noob team!

#98 Oldsmobile Ninety-Eight - Class A car in the hands of a Class D team - MSR Houston IOE!

Can you get it licensed and registered non-op? If you don't drive it on the street it doesn't have to be insured.