Topic: Concours d'Lemons ?

Just a few questions about the Concours d'Lemons at the end of the rally... Assuming we make it that far.

Do we have to register for that separately from the Rally?

And roughly what time would the Concours d'Lemons end?

We haven't really planned our trip back to Canada yet but we'll have a week to kill until we swing back up to Seattle. We have high hopes of being spectators at our first Lemons race at the Ridge the following weekend.

Re: Concours d'Lemons ?

DawgStrip wrote:

Do we have to register for that separately from the Rally?

Maybe? It hasn't been all that clear, although with the rally ending specifically at the Cd'L it would seem that we're expected to drive right onto the show grounds. There's also registration upon arrival until it's full. It couldn't hurt to contact Alan Galbraith directly at agalbraith@concoursdlemons.com for clarification.

DawgStrip wrote:

And roughly what time would the Concours d'Lemons end?

Usuallly by about noon or so. Some people linger a bit after that but apparently there are also other car-related things going on in the area, so some people rush off to those right away. Personally I've always just driven down from Seattle specifically for the Cd'L and turned around immediately afterwards.

DawgStrip wrote:

We have high hopes of being spectators at our first Lemons race at the Ridge the following weekend.

Great!

1982 MG Metro 1300: IOE 2015 Pacific Northworst GP, Longest Distance 2010 Cd'L Box Wine Country Classic
1980 KV Mini 1: Worst of Show and Fright Pig Supremo 2009 Concours d'Lemons
1978 H Special: Second-Round Elimination 2010 Lemons Pinewood Derby at Sears Pointless
1967 SAAB 96: IOE 2012 Pacific Northworst GP, Organizer's Choice 2022 Hell on Wheels California Rally

DawgStrip wrote:

We have high hopes of being spectators at our first Lemons race at the Ridge the following weekend.

Don't expect to see any racing action.   There is a high wall between the paddock and the straight, so all you can see is the tops of the cars going by.   At the end of the straight, you can see the cars going up the hill and around the first turn, but that's all.   The rest of the action is up on the hill among the trees, but it cannot be seen from the paddock.   Finally, you get to see them coming down the corkscrew to the straight.  So you get to see less than 10% of the action.

That said, it is a fantastic track for drivers!   I've never had so much fun in a Lemons race as I had at The Ridge.   It is sad that the track simply sucks for spectators.   If they ever build a bridge over the straight and perhaps erect a grandstand or two up on the hill, it would cure the problem.

"I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it!"
IOE winner in the Super Snipe -- Buttonwillow 2012
IOE winner in Super Snipe v2.0 -- Buttonwillow 2016
"Every Super Snipe in Lemons has won an IOE!"

CowDriver wrote:

There is a high wall between the paddock and the straight, so all you can see is the tops of the cars going by.

There is one thing you will be able to see over the wall.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/20708720/2016_Corvair_cat_on_a_hot_tin_roof_small.jpg

'18 PNW-Organizer's Choice '17 PNW-IOE '15 PNW-Judge's Choice '14 PNW-Heroic Fix
Jagvair 2.0 Build   Jagvair YouTube  Jagvair Facebook

My goodness, that is beautiful.