Topic: Neighbor disputes... ugh

Thankfully, this one doesn't involve me.

http://www.dailyherald.com/article/2016 … lecomments

(But I'm sure I've got one coming soon enough. I need to clean up.)

2 (edited by jimbbski 2016-08-15 07:46 AM)

Re: Neighbor disputes... ugh

All towns have different rules.  I prefer that where I live there be some rules on thing such as this.  In my town, near Chicago, you can't store a boat, RV, or trailer in your driveway in front of your house. If you have a side drive to your back yard then you can park it in back. Boats and non-operating cars mush be covered. Commercial vehicles are also not allowed to be parked in your driveway but must be  in the garage or in the back if you have a side drive. Again I have no problem with this.

I pay to store my van and car trailer in a lot due to these rules as I have no side driveway. I don't want to look at my van and trailer all the time anyway even if I could park them in front of my house!

Well, this is Schaumburg so I'm not surprised.

The article mentions that the guy wants to extend his driveway so he can move it to the backyard and the neighbor thinks that would be worse? How?

Newest member - White Trash Racing
Owner of the Traveling Hat

Yeah, this why I want my neighbors over there...way over there like 500+ feet...on the other side of hedge...and 6' fence...with razor wire on top.  12 more months and I can start searching for that place to build the compound.

Those types of people do not not want me as their neighbor...and the feeling is mutual.

This is why I'm so glad to live in the hills of East Tennessee. By law in my county you're only allowed to have 5 disabled vehicles, although I bet its rarely enforced judging by the rusty gold you see parked around here.

I'm lucky enough to live on a compound back behind someone with about 20 chevy trucks in various stages of disassembly, and he isn't complaining.  The only way you see my place is from his back yard, or the air.