Topic: When's the next one?

Mmmmmyyyyeeeeesssss?

Re: When's the next one?

Come on Steve, we need to have something to look forward to, otherwise, what's the point of living???? When and Where????

Brian Gomez
2018 Great Lakes Mistake Dune Buggy Thing - 2018 Retreat from Moscow: 1979 Lemons Chevette - 2017 Retreat from Moscow: 1978 Ford Fairmont Futura - 2016 Hell On Wheels Car Weeeeeaaaaaaaakkkk: 2003 Pontiac Aztek Breaking Bad!

I heard a rumor of east coast rally during the dead of winter.

20+ Time Loser FutilityMotorsport
Abandoned E36 Build
2008 Saab 9-5Aero Wagon
Retired - 1989 Dodge Daytona Shelby 2011-2015 "Lifetime Award for Lack of Achievement" IOE, 3X I got screwed, Organizer's Choice

ninjacoco wrote:

Mmmmmyyyyeeeeesssss?

Are you banninated from the rally, too? <runs for cover>

FREE COCO!!!!!!

And east coast would be good. Announcement should be in time to renew the November registration on my rusted out Legacy wagon...not sure if it'll take a sticker in November...and not spending the money for reg if it flunks, unless Lemons Rally.

I overheard February I think, for the east coast, maybe in starting in Pennsylvania. But I don't remember who said it, lots of voices were in the crowd after the awards ceremony and we were mostly interested in getting our sorry butts back home at that point so I don't know how much attention I was actually paying.
I'm impatiently waiting for the announcement as well. It would be nice to be able to do something this stupid at a reasonable temperature, not like the last one.

My conversation with Steve (shortly before an older lady yelled at all of us in the hotel parking lot) was the next one was going to end at one of their races in February

Which can only make me think that somewhere he is trying to plan something worse than Death Valley in August, which a Feb Appalachian ice storm would do the job.

Hell On Wheels "Totally Not a Rental Car" Chrysler 300
Retreat From Moscow "Traded a Bar Tab for a Wagon" Subaru Legacy
Monterey Car Weeeeak -Dishonorable Mention- "Cocoa Beach A.S.S. Team" Oldsmobile Wagon
Fail Inc Motorsports Intergalactic Headquarters

Shvd_Box wrote:

(shortly before an older lady yelled at all of us in the hotel parking lot)

If you mean that person who hit me, I can't quite bring myself to describe her as ladylike.

Then again, I'm also prepared to believe that more than one person yelled at us in more than one hotel parking lot during the rally. I missed the first day, after all, so maybe you mean someone else.

1982 MG Metro 1300: IOE 2015 Pacific Northworst GP, Longest Distance 2010 Cd'L Box Wine Country Classic
1980 KV Mini 1: Worst of Show and Fright Pig Supremo 2009 Concours d'Lemons
1978 H Special: Second-Round Elimination 2010 Lemons Pinewood Derby at Sears Pointless
1967 SAAB 96: IOE 2012 Pacific Northworst GP, Organizer's Choice 2022 Hell on Wheels California Rally

East coast rally in the dead of winter???!!!
You gotta be nuts!!!

I'M IN!

MarioKart Driving School: 1987 Honda Prelude Si (Opus #28) 
Loudon, NH 2014 - Millville, NJ, Lightening 2019 (RIP)
New and improved: 1987 Honda Prelude Si (Opus #11) Pittsburgh, PA 2021 - ??
and finally won something, Class C Win: Loudon, NH 2022

9 (edited by Shvd_Box 2016-10-03 06:29 PM)

mharrell wrote:
Shvd_Box wrote:

(shortly before an older lady yelled at all of us in the hotel parking lot)

If you mean that person who hit me, I can't quite bring myself to describe her as ladylike.

Then again, I'm also prepared to believe that more than one person yelled at us in more than one hotel parking lot during the rally. I missed the first day, after all, so maybe you mean someone else.

I mean lady as in genetically... Night before the Concours while we were drinking from liquor bottles and eating pizza off of the Volvo... So I'm sure we are talking about the same individual

Monterey Car Weeeeak -Dishonorable Mention- "Cocoa Beach A.S.S. Team" Oldsmobile Wagon

MZAVARIN wrote:

East coast rally in the dead of winter???!!!
You gotta be nuts!!!

I'M IN!

Sign me up as well.  Gotta get the racecar road legal first.

Moot Point Racing - 1991 Volvo 240 - #496

What I hear  -  it will end at Barber before the race.

This space for rent.

fiasco wrote:
ninjacoco wrote:

Mmmmmyyyyeeeeesssss?

Are you banninated from the rally, too? <runs for cover>

FREE COCO!!!!!!

And east coast would be good. Announcement should be in time to renew the November registration on my rusted out Legacy wagon...not sure if it'll take a sticker in November...and not spending the money for reg if it flunks, unless Lemons Rally.

The rally's the one thing I'm not banned from. FREE COCO ANYWAY!

I'm good with east coast. We will probably die. But hey, I don't ever see snow.

NSF wrote:

What I hear  -  it will end at Barber before the race.

This interesting but would mess with my (current) plans to be involved if they do a Midwest or East Coast Rally.

Alabama in February?  What's so challenging about that....
I suggest a rally in February across the border deep into Canada, all the way to Quebec City in the dead of winter, and have a Concourse d'Lemons there....!

Polar opposite of the broiler race through Death Valley

Obligatory: f@#% Barber.

I concur: end it in Canada. Do you not want me to chug maple syrup? Do you hate fun?

I think its cute you think Quebec City is deep into Canada, or that it would be cold enough to be a polar opposite to Death Valley. There aren't even winter roads that far south.

Now this is a trip deep into Québec I've been loosely planning on doing for a couple years. It might even happen this winter if nothing gets announced about this upcoming rally soon.

If I may draw your attention to the home page, the 2017 Rallys are up...

I am also in for the maple syrup chugging challenge in Buffalo NY (it's close enough to Canada)

Wow, the price sure did jump up...

19 (edited by ninjacoco 2016-10-07 06:59 PM)

PREPARE YOUR ANUS. VENGEANCE SHALL BE MINE. ULTIMATE COCO VENGEANCE IN THE ULTIMATE COCO CAR.

No Real Canada on the route. I am disappoint. We're getting Timbits come Hell or high water, though.

That being said, Buffalo, NY, is close to the home of Rally Chicken. Fisher-Price is in East Aurora, guys! Our mascot! Our beloved mascot!

Starting in PA rules, though. Mwahahahahaha. Ahahaha. HAHAHA. HA! HA!

The other half of the country almost seems to get it easy this year? No Death Valley? Still, this is still one of my favorite songs, and OOOOOH. Washington and Oregon have hella butt good roads: fact.

(And yeah - what's up with the jump in entry fees? Any additional rally features as a result or nah?)

- ex-WA coco

P.S.: Can I suggest Tim Hortons or Fisher-Price as stops on the trip? I take Timbits as bribes, even though I have no control over your points. Either way, they're gonna be stops regardless for Team VENGEANCE IS MINE!

P.P.S.: Eff Barber, still. AVENGE COCO!!!

I'm doing this even if it means entering my own daily driver.

http://img05.deviantart.net/30d9/i/2016/282/e/f/13288149_10156943223120554_205530402_o_by_sanctimoniously-dakg715.jpg

She won't win too many points for hooptiness, but she will do.

My Lemons Rally wish list:

Seattle - ish across the border to the ALCAN highway in Dawson Creek BC

Monterey to top of Pikes Peak, Colorado (where we can have our own Lemons International All-Star Hill Climb competition)

Monterey to the Bonneville Salt Flats, Utah (for a  Lemons land speed record?!)

San Diego to Cabo San Lucas (Lemons version of the Baja-$500)

Somewhere to Key West, Florida (a tribute to Ernest Hemingway: who said--
              “There are only three sports: bullfighting, motor racing, and mountaineering; all the rest are merely games.”)

Niagara Falls to Quebec City (in the winter, of course)

(I'm sure I could think of more....)

mzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

22 (edited by gogmorgo 2016-10-10 12:47 PM)

Anyone know what sort of camping might be available along the route? Do Americans even go camping in the winter? I'd rather not pay for hotels every night if I didn't have to...
Still trying to work out the feasibility of this one. Biggest decision will be whether to drive the Lada (or Comanche I guess if the Lada decides I need to pull the engine again the day before I leave... Again) or fly in and buy a pos.

MZAVARIN wrote:

My Lemons Rally wish list:

Seattle - ish across the border to the ALCAN highway in Dawson Creek BC

Monterey to top of Pikes Peak, Colorado (where we can have our own Lemons International All-Star Hill Climb competition)

Monterey to the Bonneville Salt Flats, Utah (for a  Lemons land speed record?!)

San Diego to Cabo San Lucas (Lemons version of the Baja-$500)

Somewhere to Key West, Florida (a tribute to Ernest Hemingway: who said--
              “There are only three sports: bullfighting, motor racing, and mountaineering; all the rest are merely games.”)

Niagara Falls to Quebec City (in the winter, of course)

(I'm sure I could think of more....)

mzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

OH YE!
If this is happening, I will register my psudo street legal Lemons car!

https://www.facebook.com/greatglobsofoil/
This car....Is said to have a will of it's Own. Twisting its own body in rage...It accelerates on.
1978 Opel/Buick Isuzu(C>B>C>B) , 1996 Nissan Maxima OnlyFans (B) , Sold 1996 Ford Probe GT(B),

Several things.

1) I've purchased two cars, and worst case scenario (if we somehow set them on fire before leaving the state....again.....) I think I have enough recall notices for my Fusion that I can get some decent hooptie points for it. Rental cars be DAMNED on this trip

2) My previous co-driver is not able to go along for this one (this is why kids are terrible people, they expect you to be around for their birthdays) so yea... Who wants in? I'm definitely in for this.

3) As I am from near Pittsburgh I have a through hatred of everything from Ohio. Would we get extra points if I set the city of Cleveland or Cincinnati on fire? Or could we have a route that has us avoid the place where the devil lives (and maybe go to a Primanti Bros?)

4) We're starting in eastern PA, I have a feeling that one checkpoint may include the Amish... On the same token, extra points for reenactment of scenes from The Office?!?!?!

ninjacoco wrote:

P.S.: Can I suggest Tim Hortons or Fisher-Price as stops on the trip? I take Timbits as bribes

Why would you want to take Timbits as bribes, there are enough Timmy Ho's in Buffalow (pronounced phonetically) to start a whole new childhood obesity epidemic (and this is coming from a fat guy that secretly agrees in their deliciousness)

That being said, the Fail Inc Motorsports team will be dieing of carbohydrate overconsumption at Mooneys in Depew... Look at the Mac and Cheese!!!!!

Because I love Timbits, and Timbits love me.

Oooooooh, what are the hoptie points for a horse and buggy? Is that even possible? Haha.