Re: Did everyone make it home ok?

If they make an east coast or Midwest version, I completely plan to run our (soon to be debuted) 1948 Plymouth Sedan Lemons race car.

I've heard there is going to be an east coast version next year,might want to get down to building something.

Tradewinds Tribesmen Racing (The road goes on forever…)
#289 1984 Corvette Z51 #124 1984 944 #110 2002 Passat
Gone but not forgotten, #427-Hong Kong Cavaliers Benz S500
IOE (Humber!) Hell on Wheels (Jaguar)

not only did i have a totally swell time with everyone, the rambler roadster made it home in very few pieces. i umm, stressed, my motor, though it stopped short of actually blowing up (you may think i exaggerate there*...). the cooling system is insanely grossly over-adequate, but it didn't keep the bottom end and mainly oil from overheating, and i melted all of the connecting rod bearings. oil pressure got funny about half way through, it dropped from the usual 55psi at speed to 40psi, but strangely, at idle/low speed, it went up, from usual 10psi to 20psi. then it rapped a couple times on morning cold start. oopsie. at home, more raps. after disassembly i found:

http://195.6ohv.com/teardown%202016/2016-08-30%2016.37.16.jpg

so i'm making a new motor -- with huge-ass oil cooler. we'll see what breaks on the way to Bremerton.

* this isn't rare for this old engine, next step is a rod exits the block. i caught mine in time.