1 (edited by fleming95 2016-10-18 04:42 PM)

Topic: Folk Racing - video just out

Now, I'm sure most all of the cool cats have heard about Folk Racing in Sweden, but for those who haven't here's the best video I've seen:

https://www.cnet.com/roadshow/videos/cr … lk-racing/

and it's Lemony all the way - but without the distraction of all those d*mn BMWs and Japanese cars! smile

<edit>

And I like one line in the Wikipedia article:

"Because old road cars are used up in folkrace, retro and antique car enthusiasts talk about "the folkrace death": Folkracing does away with many cars that are too old to be considered usable for everyday driving but too new to have reached the status of a "veteran" or "antique".

Re: Folk Racing - video just out

That was awesome... thanks for sharing!

LemonAid - Changing kids lives one lap at a time.

Maybe my favorite quote, "you get the horns when you put on the helmet."

I have great memories of going to Folkraces as a kid (my mom is Swedish). I even took Judge Phil to one a couple of years ago and we had great time. Grassroots racing at its best!

RetroRacing-1973 Super! Beetle
Nine Finger Drifters- 1982 te72 Toyota Corolla Wagon (BEAMS PWRD!)
My one man show: G. D. Yo-Man: No! YOU Ams Da A&&hole!
2010 CMP Fall-Judges' Choice, 2014 Barber-DFL and I Got Screwed!, 3X- You Talk Shit Better Than You Race (YTSBTYR) Award, 2017 NCM- IOE (thanks, Speedy!), 2018 Inde-Heroic Fix, 2019 Inde-Winner C Class

You know, we oughta start an exchange program. . . .

SIGN......ME......UP!!!!

MarioKart Driving School: 1987 Honda Prelude Si (Opus #28) 
Loudon, NH 2014 - Millville, NJ, Lightening 2019 (RIP)
New and improved: 1987 Honda Prelude Si (Opus #11) Pittsburgh, PA 2021 - ??
and finally won something, Class C Win: Loudon, NH 2022

Reminds me of Altamont.

Capt. Delinquent Racing
RUST-TITE XR4Ti - '21 ARSE-FREEZE-APALOOZA  I Got Screwed
The One & Only Taurus V8 SHO #31(now moved on to another OG Delinquent)
'17 Vodden the Hell - (No) Hope for the Future Award, '08 AMP Survivor, '08 ARSE-FREEZE-APALOOZA Mega-Cheater

I enjoyed the video. At the Dream Machines show our Lemons car was called a Disaster, a Joke & a Total POS, when we parked next to a bunch of pristine trailer queens. But compared to their race cars, Our's looks great!
The Horns comment was familiar. A former team mate stated after his first race "When I was out on the track, I wanted to find that A-hole that kept cutting me off & kick his ass. Now that it's the end of the day, I want to find him, give him a beer & tell him how much fun it was racing with him!"

Tired Iron Racing, Class A Winner of 2023 Days of Thunder & the Hooptie-Con Engine heat Cooking Competition, otherwise just a 50x loser, which is somehow able to finish in the top ten, if we don't step on our own dicks.