Topic: U-haul ramp trunk for sale LV,NV

This just showed up for sale at the u-haul near me. I remember reading somewhere in here that these are unobtainable. If anyone is interested, let me know and I can get the details on it.

http://i68.tinypic.com/2n8wl4z.jpg

Debuting the Punisher F-Bomb at Arse-Freeze '12 - FAIL!   trying again at Button turrible '14,er '15, damn '16
Driver of Chris O's topless Honda Arse-sweat 24 '12 and sticker subaru '14
Rider of the Limo/Flatbed Combo  Arse-Freeze '11

Re: U-haul ramp trunk for sale LV,NV

I've always wondered what those would drive like with a car on top. That seems like a hell of a high center of gravity. I know some Jeep guys use them, but...

Idle Clatter Racing: 1979 Mercedes 300SD Delivery Spaceship,  "Not all ideas are good."
Fall 2013 CMP I.O.E.
Shine Country Classic 2014 and Southern Discomfort: Showed Up; Didn't Blowed Up
Humidi TT: DOMINATION. Barber 2015: "Least Southern Pickup Truck"

The payload capacity of those trucks is impressive

LemonAid - Changing kids lives one lap at a time.

4 (edited by Team Infinniti 2016-09-26 07:38 AM)

Always wanted one but always thought they were for moving trailers and such, not a car.

Homestead Chump 5th-Sebring 6th-PBIR Lemons 9th - Charlotte Chump  CrashnBurn 9th
Sebring 6th again -NOLA Chump 1st -PBIR Chump Trans Fail 16th
Daytona 11th - Sebring 6th - Atlanta Motor Speedway 2nd - Road Atlanta Trans Fail 61st-Road Atlanta 5th
Daytona 13th - Charlotte 9th - Sebring 2nd-Charlotte 25th broken brakes - Road Atlanta 14 10th-Daytona 14  58th- Humid TT 19th Judges' Choice!

I saw one of these on the road the other day, service truck doing its thing. The bins, the ramps and still able to pull a trailer. You see the car hauler guys with the gooseneck on F-350/450 and thats got at least a cars weight directly on the truck. This might even have an air compressor which would definitely be useful.

#44 VW Jetta "Le Mondrian"
Arsesweat '17 finished 10th in (B), 3 finishes in 7 races
#96 Silver Subaru Legacy Automatic w Orange Top (formerly)

That should be able to carry the Wolseley without any trouble, any idea how much?

Silversleeves Racing
Austin Mini #42 | John Lemmons Wolseley Hornet
Austin 1800 #49  V6 Landcrab - Organizer's Choice PNW2013 | Class C Winner 2015
Barbie's Corvette #44 - Organizer's Choice PNW2014

saw one of this beasts in the wild. roaming interstate at 65mph. does not look too difficult to build your own though.

https://www.facebook.com/greatglobsofoil/
This car....Is said to have a will of it's Own. Twisting its own body in rage...It accelerates on.
1978 Opel/Buick Isuzu(C>B>C>B) , 1996 Nissan Maxima OnlyFans (B) , Sold 1996 Ford Probe GT(B),

Last week I caught conversation with a employee/driver of one, he said company policy prohibits caring cars on top and that he only moves trailers (3 at a time). Oh, his opinion was: any unit that gets sold off will have a metric ton of miles.

Homestead Chump 5th-Sebring 6th-PBIR Lemons 9th - Charlotte Chump  CrashnBurn 9th
Daytona 11th - Sebring 6th - Atlanta Motor Speedway 2nd - Road Atlanta Trans Fail 61st-Road Atlanta 5th
Daytona 13th - Charlotte 9th - Sebring 2nd-Charlotte 25th broken brakes - Road Atlanta 14 10th-Daytona 14  58th- Humid TT 19th Judges' Choice!

Team Infinniti wrote:

Last week I caught conversation with a employee/driver of one, he said company policy prohibits caring cars on top and that he only moves trailers (3 at a time). Oh, his opinion was: any unit that gets sold off will have a metric ton of miles.

Wouldn't that be a metric ton of kilometers? gotta keep your units consistent. smile

Tradewinds Tribesmen Racing (The road goes on forever…)
#289 1984 Corvette Z51 #124 1984 944 #110 2002 Passat
Gone but not forgotten, #427-Hong Kong Cavaliers Benz S500
IOE (Humber!) Hell on Wheels (Jaguar)

1000 stone of leagues sounds much more impressive to my ear

Capt. Delinquent Racing
RUST-TITE XR4Ti - '21 ARSE-FREEZE-APALOOZA  I Got Screwed
The One & Only Taurus V8 SHO #31(now moved on to another OG Delinquent)
'17 Vodden the Hell - (No) Hope for the Future Award, '08 AMP Survivor, '08 ARSE-FREEZE-APALOOZA Mega-Cheater

DANG IT!!! Figures after we already got a trailer rig....

I really wanted one of these stupid things.

Mistake By The Lake Racing (MBTL)
88 Thunderbird "THUNDERBIRDS ARE GO!", Ex Astris, Rubigo / Semper Fracti
A&D: 2014 Sebrings at Sebring (NSF), 2014 NJMP2 Jurassic Park (SpeedyCop), 2012 Summit Point J30 (PiNuts)
2018 Route Sucky-Suck Rally Miata, 2019 World Tour Of Texas 64 Newport

DelinquentRacer wrote:

1000 stone of leagues sounds much more impressive to my ear

But how many furlongs to the hogshead does it get?

Type44 wrote:
Team Infinniti wrote:

Wouldn't that be a metric ton of kilometers? gotta keep your units consistent. smile

Love this place!

Carry on.