Topic: Team running two transponders?

What was the final story behind the team that were carrying a "spare" transponder during sundays session ot NPR? 

I watched them remove a transponder from the rear of the vehicle, and the guy who took it off walked away and put it in his truck, and then the team sent the vehicle back out on the track, and finished in the top 10 for the weekend. 

I think the track was aware of it, but it sounds like it wasn't a real big deal.

Is this acceptable?  If so, next time we break down, I think I'll just ask someone to rack up a few laps for us while we are repairing our car.

It's a Miata, get him........

Re: Team running two transponders?

The car carrying the extra transponder was one of the organizers for NPR (as a joke). The laps racked up by the phantom car were recorded, then manually deleted by the timing and scoring dude. The stowaway transponder was from car #789, which finished 43rd our of 46 with 84 laps complete.

Bottom line--no, you can't do this (c'mon, like you really thought you could). And, from the tower, it's REALLY obvious when one car has two transponders, just in case you were thinking about trying it....

Re: Team running two transponders?

wasn't thinking about it, just wanted to be nice in asking how come it wasn't punished or addressed openly.

That is good enough of an explanation for me.  Only reason I brought it up was the way it was removed. Sure looked like someone trying to hide something.

It's a Miata, get him........