Topic: NHMS Hooptifest photo/video request

During the first hour and a half Saturday I managed to launch the 410 Fireball Integra off the Turtle at the bottom of the down hill section (turn 8?).

Frankenphil said all four wheels were off the ground, when I questioned him he said at least 2 were off. Any one catch it on film?

TIA, Fritz (now known as Turtle)

Dahlinboysracing W/Frankenphil  '11 Crown Royal Vic SPWV 73 '12 Tom Sellecka Toyota NJMP 75 SPWV 43 NHMS 65, '13  Toylaren Monticello 120, Daytona 102, SPWV  83 HF! NJMP 41 NHMS 48th '14 Fireball  Integra NJMP 24th NJMP 18th NHMS 90th '15 NJMP 54th Daytona 33RD SPWV 4th Thompson  79th CMP 13th '16 NJMP 43 Thompson 21 CMP 32nd NHMS 24 '17 FB Integra NJMP 68 Cledus Snow Eldorado IGS 118, NCM 24

2 (edited by superhawk 2016-10-25 03:04 PM)

Re: NHMS Hooptifest photo/video request

Sorry, no video, but a year or two ago I was coming up on an E30 in the same spot and he just kind of overcooked it, went straight and launched/disappeared over the edge! Im not even sure where you would end up or how you would get back on track, but I can imagine he needed some new pants! Sorry, just re-read your post, i thought you launched the car over the edge of the track, not another car!

dahlinboysracing wrote:

During the first hour and a half Saturday I managed to launch the 410 Fireball Integra off the Turtle at the bottom of the down hill section (turn 8?).

Frankenphil said all four wheels were off the ground, when I questioned him he said at least 2 were off. Any one catch it on film?

TIA, Fritz (now known as Turtle)

Sorry for the late ask, but was the dnf racing miata anytime near you when this happened? if so I'll look through video footage.

Sparky

DNF Racing 1992 Mazda Miata
"Cheat to win"

superhawk wrote:

Sorry, no video, but a year or two ago I was coming up on an E30 in the same spot and he just kind of overcooked it, went straight and launched/disappeared over the edge! Im not even sure where you would end up or how you would get back on track, but I can imagine he needed some new pants! Sorry, just re-read your post, i thought you launched the car over the edge of the track, not another car!

If you are talking about the left hander after the treehouse.  That was probably me...  Wasn't as bad as you'd think.  I returned about 100' from where I went off.

"We Got Screwed" NHMS 2017, 4th NHMS 2020,  4th NJMP 2021,
"Judges Choice" NHMS 2021,10th NJMP 2022, 3rd Thompson 2022
#847 Batmobile  aka-"Beulah"  search Squidrope Racing on Facebook

Of course, hitting the bump at the apex of Turn 10 could be even worse.  Check out the link from 2012 in my sig (I was the flagger)

Dave

ERM Racing:  NHMS 2016 - Organizer's Choice Award. NHMS 2015 - Judge's Choice Award. NHMS 2014 - "Most work to make an Unrecognizable Movie Car Award" Team Ludicrous Speed:  NHMS Fall 2013 - driver, NHMS Spring 2013 -  support crew, NHMS Fall 2012 - Corner Marshal (How not to Flip Your Car)