Topic: who is 888 wont tang clan?

some not so nice person(s) put their shitty sticker on my race car and my RV.
without asking permission.
And I think I was not the only one they put they crappy blue fish or w/e on.
very angry and displeased.
was able to remove it from my race car no problem, through one on the RV proven to be difficult.

https://www.facebook.com/greatglobsofoil/
This car....Is said to have a will of it's Own. Twisting its own body in rage...It accelerates on.
1978 Opel/Buick Isuzu(C>B>C>B) , 1996 Nissan Maxima OnlyFans (B) , Sold 1996 Ford Probe GT(B),

Re: who is 888 wont tang clan?

I am the owner of 888 Blue Tang Clan.  We had over 200+ stickers made for our car and I gave them to many drunk costumed fools at Louden.  One of them was me. 

Apparently some are upset that their car was "vandalized" by said stickers. 

It's a joke.  You were tagged by us.   

So sorry for sticker.  Wasn't meant to make you angry.

I'll remove the sticker myself at NJMP if it bothers you so very much. 

Or feel free to sticker my car in retaliation.

I can understand being upset at an RV, or daily getting stickered, but being upset because a race car got a sticker? Relax a little. I've seen tons of stickers make the rounds over the past few years. It's always in good fun.

20+ Time Loser FutilityMotorsport
Abandoned E36 Build
2008 Saab 9-5Aero Wagon
Retired - 1989 Dodge Daytona Shelby 2011-2015 "Lifetime Award for Lack of Achievement" IOE, 3X I got screwed, Organizer's Choice

Please do not sticker my car too.  I know it does not look like much to you, but it is all I have....
They are a pain to remove, especially the glue, over the dents, holes, and rust..  Maybe fun to stick on, but not fun to remove.  I am certain teams have better things to do than sit around removing peoples stickers.
And many teams/cars spend significant amount of time on the paint and prep of the exterior of their Lemons car, with love for their theme.
It is like graffiti vandalism tagging, in my opinion.

Otherwise we had a great time racing with you this weekend.  We never had any issues with you guys on the track.  So hope you make it to NJ.

Retaliation?:  maybe watch you drive your beautiful, fancy BMW behind a slow class C car for one hour in NJ?!  Or is that too severe of a punishment?  Just a thought....!

Take care!
Z

MarioKart Driving School: 1987 Honda Prelude Si (Opus #28) 
Loudon, NH 2014 - Millville, NJ, Lightening 2019 (RIP)
New and improved: 1987 Honda Prelude Si (Opus #11) Pittsburgh, PA 2021 - ??
and finally won something, Class C Win: Loudon, NH 2022

5 (edited by piper.gras 2016-10-26 05:26 AM)

I always considered getting stickered by another team part of the comradery of the Lemons community.

Not really sure why people are so upset about this, especially in this instance. The stickers in question were the smallest team stickers I have seen in my 22 races, but evidently the butthurt is strong.

Sorry For Party Racing! - 1985 Pontiac Firebird - Car #35

A race car exists only in two states: broken or in the process of becoming that way.

100% that ^^^

We're all there doing the same thing, you should be making friends, not getting angry. It's a sticker. Go have a beer with them next race now that you've been tagged. Buy some stickers of your own. Lighten up and laugh about the tiny things.

Abandoned E36 Build
2008 Saab 9-5Aero Wagon
Retired - 1989 Dodge Daytona Shelby 2011-2015 "Lifetime Award for Lack of Achievement" IOE, 3X I got screwed, Organizer's Choice

TheEngineer wrote:

Lighten up and laugh about the tiny things.

Thats what she said.....

Tom Lomino - Proud to be a 23x Lemons Loser, 3x Class B, and 1x IOE Winner!
Craptain, Team Farfrumwinnin - 1995 Volkswagen Golf #14
Click here to "Like" us on Facebook   Click here for our Youtube Videos
Lifetime Achievement (of hopelessness) Award Winners

Stickers are 90 percent of the reason I'm keeping the all the back glass on our Volvo. It's sticker space that won't be painted over in re-theming or repairing the car.

I personally welcome sticker tagging, but perhaps to avoid any conflict, maybe teams can put their stickers under a wiper or on the dash instead of sticking it to the car? Perhaps some racers would love to have stickers, but prefer to stick them on other things besides their race car.

RogueLeader wrote:
TheEngineer wrote:

Lighten up and laugh about the tiny things.

Thats what she said.....

womp womp

Abandoned E36 Build
2008 Saab 9-5Aero Wagon

I can understand stickering the race car, but stickering the RV, street cars, tow rigs, or  even trailers without permission seems like it might be in poor taste.

The Roto-Racer '89 Merkur:  If it ain't rusting, It ain't racing.

'14 Real Hoopties of NJ: Judges Choice

piper.gras wrote:

Not really sure why people are so upset about this, especially in this instance.

I believe it's primarily the "and my RV" part of the incident. A race car, per Rule 1.6, is a $500 disposable commodity. Stuff happens and it's no big deal.

A support vehicle, on the other hand, is another matter entirely. In my case, it's perhaps $350 at most. An improperly placed sticker could cause significant structural damage.

https://c8.staticflickr.com/3/2861/13450695943_3ccef07c0d.jpg

1982 MG Metro 1300: IOE 2015 Pacific Northworst GP, Longest Distance 2010 Cd'L Box Wine Country Classic
1980 KV Mini 1: Worst of Show and Fright Pig Supremo 2009 Concours d'Lemons
1978 H Special: Second-Round Elimination 2010 Lemons Pinewood Derby at Sears Pointless
1967 SAAB 96: IOE 2012 Pacific Northworst GP, Organizer's Choice 2022 Hell on Wheels California Rally

12 (edited by tully32 2016-10-26 09:23 AM)

I agree with not sticking support vehicles and trailers.   Apparently this particular rv may have been mistaken for a Lemons car by a certain intoxicated miscreant.   

Again. Sorry for sticker.   

I have a new more annoying way of spreading stickers for the next race that does not involve sticking

At one race we handed the judges a fat stack of our "Sorry for Party Racing" bumper stickers which then got applied to cars that came through the penalty box. There was one MR2 that pretty much got covered nose to tail.

Sorry For Party Racing! - 1985 Pontiac Firebird - Car #35

A race car exists only in two states: broken or in the process of becoming that way.

tully32 wrote:

I agree with not sticking support vehicles and trailers.   Apparently this particular rv may have been mistaken for a Lemons car by a certain intoxicated miscreant.   

I have a new more annoying way of spreading stickers for the next race that does not involve sticking

Paintballs?

Oh how far we have come at Lemons, used to be a car could be cursed and destroyed or claimed for being over $500.....

Apocalyptic Racing - Occupy Pit Lane racing
Racing the "Toylet" Toyota Celica powered by Chevrolet Ecotec.
24x Loser with the Celica. 16x loser in other fine machines
Overall winner Gingerman 2019

RogueLeader wrote:
tully32 wrote:

Paintballs?

Provably don't want to start that one up. Especially with a former D2 speedball player here. A big thing about paintball is safety along with the inaccuracy of them. You can really injure someone bad with a paintball marker.

a lethal overdose of brick wall, taken while under the influence of a Ferrari and a bottle of tequila.

Somebody wrote:

Provably don't want to start that one up. Especially with a former D2 speedball player here. A big thing about paintball is safety along with the inaccuracy of them. You can really injure someone bad with a paintball marker.

It was actually a veiled reference to Lemons humble and dangerous beginnings back in the day.  Jay would shoot offending cars with a paintball gun on track.  As you can see clearly that was not a good idea.

RogueLeader wrote:
Somebody wrote:

It was actually a veiled reference to Lemons humble and dangerous beginnings back in the day.  Jay would shoot offending cars with a paintball gun on track.  As you can see clearly that was not a good idea.

Now that you say that, I do recall slight about that, but never would have knew it until you said it.

a lethal overdose of brick wall, taken while under the influence of a Ferrari and a bottle of tequila.

MZAVARIN wrote:

Please do not sticker my car too.  I know it does not look like much to you, but it is all I have....

<snip>

Man, you must get really pi$$ed when the judges tag your race car with the 'bribed' stencil.

bs

We still bribe and still refuse the bribe stencil.  Yeah.. I know...

LemonAid - Changing kids lives one lap at a time.

21 (edited by MZAVARIN 2016-10-27 07:48 PM)

bshorey wrote:
MZAVARIN wrote:

<snip>

Man, you must get really pi$$ed when the judges tag your race car with the 'bribed' stencil.

bs

Actually, I always "bribe", and always take the stencil.  I  consider the "bribed" stencils as part of the decor of my car.  I am collecting them on my trunk, which is dedicated to the wonderful stencils.  I would not be happy if someone was to sticker over all those wonderful stencils, and then I would need to remove all the stickers, and ruin my stencil collection.

But I am certain, some people collect random stickers on their race car, and that is part of their decor, and would welcome them.  To each, his own.

And as you well know, they always "ask" if you would like your car stenciled.  Which makes sense to me.

So it would make sense to me that anyone would "ask" if they would like their car stickered.

Anyways, I hope you understand...if not, come for vodka and beer at the next race in my garage, and I am sure you will see my point soon....!

And, I agree....a small sticker is not worth getting upset over....it is removable, washable...I just prefer not to have one placed...or maybe asked, at least.  If it was a really cool sticker, I might want one placed somewhere specific.  I don't really like stickers on the outside of my car, but I like the inside all stickered up....

Come to think of it, I hope no one eggs, toilet papers, shaving creams my house, and does burn outs on my lawn this Halloween....even though all that is cleanable and repairable also....

Take care!

Z

MarioKart Driving School: 1987 Honda Prelude Si (Opus #28) 
Loudon, NH 2014 - Millville, NJ, Lightening 2019 (RIP)
New and improved: 1987 Honda Prelude Si (Opus #11) Pittsburgh, PA 2021 - ??
and finally won something, Class C Win: Loudon, NH 2022

http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f293/WolfgangZ/ANUS-RACING_zpshvjthglc.jpg

I got stenciled and stickered at the last event.  I doesn't bother me in the least and it really shouldn't , but to each his own.  To me, it's all part of the fun.

Now, crashing into and destroying my car.............yea, I'd have a problem with that!

Tetanus Racing Toxoid!
86 E30  It ain't cheatin' if it's junk!
Work in Progress

Try a heat gun on the RV sticker. Just a little heat will soften it up and make it really easy to remove.

Quad4 CRX - Wartburg 311 - Civic Wagovan - Parnelli Jones Galaxie - LS400 - Lancia MR2 - Boat - Sentra - 56 Ford Victoria
Known Associate of 3pedal Mafia, Speedycop, and the Russians.  Maybe even NSF.

crashandburn wrote:

http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f293/WolfgangZ/ANUS-RACING_zpshvjthglc.jpg

I got stenciled and stickered at the last event.  I doesn't bother me in the least and it really shouldn't , but to each his own.  To me, it's all part of the fun.

Now, crashing into and destroying my car.............yea, I'd have a problem with that!

Yeah. Just avoid the dailies, RVs and/or Most Glorious Press Tow Test Vehicles.

And for the love of all things holy, if you wreck my car this year, YOU GET NO GLITTER.