Topic: Cover other racing league logos?

Hi,

I noticed that we have some logos and stuff from other racing series on our car.

Is that something that needs to go?

Will they be offended that our car did  24 Heures du Mans earlier this year? Haven't had time to remove the logos from that race.

Team RicerZX
1980 Datsun 280ZX NA

Re: Cover other racing league logos?

Chances that will be the most offensive thing on the track: 0%.

I'm sure you can leave it.

The Roto-Racer '89 Merkur:  If it ain't rusting, It ain't racing.

'14 Real Hoopties of NJ: Judges Choice

I have seen people cover the other logos. I don't think it's necessary. The judges might give you a little crap because "do you think this is a real race car (TM)??" but it's all part of the act.

I know some of the other series require that no other series logos be shown on the car during their events. That might be where the mentality came from.

20+ Time Loser FutilityMotorsport
Abandoned E36 Build
2008 Saab 9-5Aero Wagon
Retired - 1989 Dodge Daytona Shelby 2011-2015 "Lifetime Award for Lack of Achievement" IOE, 3X I got screwed, Organizer's Choice

I've never seen anyone in Lemons care at all about the other logos.  As long as the number you are racing in Lemons is visable, and the kill switch sticker is easy to make out they don't care.  I have heard that the do occasionally make a team put masking tape on the chump mandiatory number boards.  It isn't because it has chumpcar on it, its because how they did it, it can be mistaken for a 1 while on the track, so you need to put masking tape over it so they don't misread your number.

Racing 4 Nickels - 1989 Oldsmobile Cutlass Ciera
2011 SHOWROOM-SCHLOCK SHOOTOUT  IOE Winner
2012 The Chubba Cheddar Enduro Class C winner
Facebook Page

Their mandatory number sign thing is a dumb design and it really does look like a "1" so you probably need to cover it but other stickers are fine.  I keep forgetting that one of my cars has had a chump sticker on it for 4 or 5 years.  No one in Lemons has ever said a word about it.  I have had problems over there with a Lemons sticker but that guy isn't there anymore.

1990 RX7 "Mazdarita"  1964 Sunbeam Imp (IOE 2013 Sears Pointless) 2002 Jaguar x-type (Winner C-Class 2021 Sears Pointless)
Gone bye-bye
1994 Jaguar XJ12 (Winner C-Class 2013 Sears Pointless)  1980 Rover SD1 (I Got Screwed 2014 Return of Lemonites)

Cover the Chump logo on the number panels so it doesn't look like a "1". That's all we've ever had to do for Lemons.

Everybody grab your brooms, it's shenanigans!

cheseroo wrote:

Their mandatory number sign thing is a dumb design and it really does look like a "1" so you probably need to cover it but other stickers are fine.

Likely another idea of the great John Condren that was dumb.  Those panels are too small and thus harder to read because of it IMO.  The only idea worse is the stupid tiny license plate-type light they require to illuminate it at night, which does NOTHING at speed.

Captain
Team Super Westerfield Bros.
'93 Acura Integra - No VTEC Yo!

VKZ24 wrote:
cheseroo wrote:

Their mandatory number sign thing is a dumb design and it really does look like a "1" so you probably need to cover it but other stickers are fine.

Likely another idea of the great John Condren that was dumb.  Those panels are too small and thus harder to read because of it IMO.  The only idea worse is the stupid tiny license plate-type light they require to illuminate it at night, which does NOTHING at speed.

I assume the idea was to find something everyone has to buy as an added revenue stream.  However from a design point all they had to do was have the logo run along the top or bottom of the sign like most other series that have it does.

Racing 4 Nickels - 1989 Oldsmobile Cutlass Ciera
2011 SHOWROOM-SCHLOCK SHOOTOUT  IOE Winner
2012 The Chubba Cheddar Enduro Class C winner
Facebook Page

BoB wrote:
VKZ24 wrote:
cheseroo wrote:

I assume the idea was to find something everyone has to buy as an added revenue stream.  However from a design point all they had to do was have the logo run along the top or bottom of the sign like most other series that have it does.

IIRC, it was a "use a shotgun to kill the fly" approach to the "Numbers are Hard" conundrum.

1990 RX7 "Mazdarita"  1964 Sunbeam Imp (IOE 2013 Sears Pointless) 2002 Jaguar x-type (Winner C-Class 2021 Sears Pointless)
Gone bye-bye
1994 Jaguar XJ12 (Winner C-Class 2013 Sears Pointless)  1980 Rover SD1 (I Got Screwed 2014 Return of Lemonites)