Topic: Other series stickers

We got all stickered  up for the chumpcar race a couple months ago. Do I need to take their sponsor stickers off or cover them up? Do I need to cover the cc part of the number plate?

http://i66.tinypic.com/bzfns.jpg

Re: Other series stickers

The only thing I've ever heard that people have had to do in Lemons is cover the chump stuff on the number board because it can be mistaken for a 1.  Lemons doesn't care about what stickers you have on your car, but they do want to be sure the numbers are clear and easy to read.

Racing 4 Nickels - 1989 Oldsmobile Cutlass Ciera
2011 SHOWROOM-SCHLOCK SHOOTOUT  IOE Winner
2012 The Chubba Cheddar Enduro Class C winner
Facebook Page

You took a beetle to a Chump Race, you may be my hero.

Seconding Lemons doesn't care. And luckily a beetle needs no theme!

Mistake By The Lake Racing (MBTL)
88 Thunderbird "THUNDERBIRDS ARE GO!", Ex Astris, Rubigo / Semper Fracti
A&D: 2014 Sebrings at Sebring (NSF), 2014 NJMP2 Jurassic Park (SpeedyCop), 2012 Summit Point J30 (PiNuts)
2018 Route Sucky-Suck Rally Miata, 2019 World Tour Of Texas 64 Newport

Been there.
Another vote for they do not care

Homestead Chump 5th-Sebring 6th-PBIR Lemons 9th - Charlotte Chump  CrashnBurn 9th
Sebring 6th again -NOLA Chump 1st -PBIR Chump Trans Fail 16th
Daytona 11th - Sebring 6th - Atlanta Motor Speedway 2nd - Road Atlanta Trans Fail 61st-Road Atlanta 5th
Daytona 13th - Charlotte 9th - Sebring 2nd-Charlotte 25th broken brakes - Road Atlanta 14 10th-Daytona 14  58th- Humid TT 19th Judges' Choice!

We have a roll of white duct tape in our toolbox to cover the Chump number sticker logo because it looks like a "1" from a distance. Other than that Lemons doesn't care who else you race with. They've never had an issue with our Chump, SCCA, or WRL stickers. Chump is the only series that has had a problem with other series stickers on our car.

Everybody grab your brooms, it's shenanigans!

Never had issue with chump, 10+races with a big Lemons sticker below their # plate, not a peep

Homestead Chump 5th-Sebring 6th-PBIR Lemons 9th - Charlotte Chump  CrashnBurn 9th
Sebring 6th again -NOLA Chump 1st -PBIR Chump Trans Fail 16th
Daytona 11th - Sebring 6th - Atlanta Motor Speedway 2nd - Road Atlanta Trans Fail 61st-Road Atlanta 5th
Daytona 13th - Charlotte 9th - Sebring 2nd-Charlotte 25th broken brakes - Road Atlanta 14 10th-Daytona 14  58th- Humid TT 19th Judges' Choice!

They made us remove them at VIR.

Slightly off topic question about this. Is chump essentially Lemons for tryhards or is it the same type of racing, but different organization body?

9 (edited by ross2004 2016-11-17 09:13 AM)

Visit their forum and you'll get an idea...

That said, a lot of the forum whining doesn't make it to the track. It's basically all A and A+ class Lemons cars with, in my experience, a much different atmosphere and feel than a Lemons race.

I always had the impression they have a rulebook, Lemons has a rulesheet ...

#98 Oldsmobile Ninety-Eight - Class A car in the hands of a Class D team - MSR Houston IOE!

Gotcha. Sounds like our car and drivers are far too slow for them.

CPB wrote:

Slightly off topic question about this. Is chump essentially Lemons for tryhards or is it the same type of racing, but different organization body?

Lemons has race cars with fenders.  Chump has race cars with crumpled steel that used to be fenders.

Captain
Team Super Westerfield Bros.
'93 Acura Integra - No VTEC Yo!

VKZ24 wrote:
CPB wrote:

Lemons has race cars with fenders.  Chump has race cars with crumpled steel that used to be fenders.

The Great Leader has been deposed so for now I'm willing to give them the benefit of the doubt to think that perhaps things have changed.

I'd like to cut the inevitable bashfest off at the pass if I can.  That horse has been tenderized enough.

To the OP, both series came from the same place.  For their first races, Lemons rented the track from a gentleman who later started Chump with slightly different rules and a more lenient attitude towards race activities.  LuckyDog and WRL were started by Chump officials fired by said gentleman so all 4 series share similar roots but all are different in practice.  The Chump founder suddenly resigned earlier in the year and they have new management.  Chump originally was single class racing made up primarily of Lemons "A" type cars.  They've since switched to multiple classes but I haven't run with them since then so I can't say if they mimic the Lemons A/B/C classing in any way.  A lot of things have changed in the way both series operate over the years but some of the old perceptions persist.  In some areas of the country Chump draws very well and in others they don't draw at all.  Chump is managed at a regional level and historically have operated slightly different from region to region so what happens in one region may not happen in another.  There has been a lot of hard feelings by competitors on how they have been treated so it's very hard for a lot of people to talk about this stuff without venom. 

There, was that diplomatic or what?

1990 RX7 "Mazdarita"  1964 Sunbeam Imp (IOE 2013 Sears Pointless) 2002 Jaguar x-type (Winner C-Class 2021 Sears Pointless)
Gone bye-bye
1994 Jaguar XJ12 (Winner C-Class 2013 Sears Pointless)  1980 Rover SD1 (I Got Screwed 2014 Return of Lemonites)

cheseroo wrote:

The Great Leader has been deposed so for now I'm willing to give them the benefit of the doubt to think that perhaps things have changed.

I ran two races with them last year (with other teams, not my own), nothing has really changed.  Lines have been drawn, and I'm OK with that.

Captain

It's basically lower end SCCA without all the obnoxious class rules. Spec E Showroom Improved? Bleh

So it's better for that. And cheaper. But it's where you go with a class A car when you tire of winning by 20+ laps ahead of 2nd class. Or getting the stink eye for being yet another E30 or Miata team who's whole theme is just some numbers made out of tape.

WRL is run in a similar organization style as Lemons, but it's faster and you can be out there with real cars you do NOT want to bump. (unless you're Effing Orlove) Also you need some kind of race school or so many Lemons/Chump races. which means keeping a logbook. Also Blegh.(again unless your a auto journo who can't drive, then it's go nuts!)

A&D: 2014 Sebrings at Sebring (NSF), 2014 NJMP2 Jurassic Park (SpeedyCop), 2012 Summit Point J30 (PiNuts)

VKZ24 wrote:
cheseroo wrote:

I ran two races with them last year (with other teams, not my own), nothing has really changed.  Lines have been drawn, and I'm OK with that.

Yes, race YOUR car in Lemons and Someone else's car in Chump!

Guildenstern wrote:

Yes, race YOUR car in Lemons and Someone else's car in Chump!

My sentiments exactly!

Captain

CPB wrote:

There was this article from 2013 that compared the two leagues....seemed fairly non judgmental....

http://www.thesmokingtire.com/2013/so-y … ou-choose/

MarioKart Driving School: 1987 Honda Prelude Si (Opus #28) 
Loudon, NH 2014 - Millville, NJ, Lightening 2019 (RIP)
New and improved: 1987 Honda Prelude Si (Opus #11) Pittsburgh, PA 2021 - ??
and finally won something, Class C Win: Loudon, NH 2022

I had a really good time racing with WRL at AMP. They were extremely contact averse, so much so that fast cars would wave off point-by's in a turn from the Duff car and wait until we hit the straight to make a pass. I think there was only one contact incident, but it was pretty bad with both cars destroyed (drivers were fine). It's still more of a race than Lemons, and not as much fun, but lots of good, clean racing. We saw the Hong North guys there and some other Lemons teams, and while Lemons is still our primary series, we'll be racing with WRL again in a couple of weeks at COTA.

WRL is pretty good racing, but man there's some expensive metal out there. At Mid-Ohio there was one or two Caymans in race prep hate to kill something like that.

We plan to run the E30 with our E46 at a WRL race next year.  Maybe Road America.  We just ran an ALM enduro with the E46.  12 hours straight with night racing.  Was a blast.  But cars like these come up on you fast when you're running a Spec E46.  We turned about 2:50 laps on the full track at Autobahn CC and this prototype was at 2:18!!!

http://i120.photobucket.com/albums/o173/cromec/Snapbucket/A6621956-188A-430C-9D5E-092A574A95B5_zps88yemm93.jpg

LemonAid - Changing kids lives one lap at a time.

What is that ALM enduro? I looked it up on the ACC website and couldn't really find any information. Was it just a track hosted event?

Owner of the Knights Templar Neon
A&D of middling proportions

It was sponsored by a member, but was open to non members.  Next year it will be co-sponsored by AER and it will be in August and it will be dusk to dawn.   There were only 16 teams this year.  They're expecting 30+ next year.

If they tell people on here they'll get 60+

If guys would be interested I'm sure they'd love more cars.  The class winners got a nice fat check and booze.  We got 3rd in our class out of 6 or 7 so we got a trophy.  So that was cool.  You have to have a competition license, and they won't let most Lemons cars in.  The fastest A class cars might get in if they look clean.   Next year it's probably AER rules/ALM rules so I guess we'll see.  It would be a lot more fun with more cars.  Anything slower than our E30 might start to get a little dangerous with those prototypes on the track.  Kinda like the TaTas closing on a 48 Plymouth, but faster and in the dark.

Guildenstern wrote:

If they tell people on here they'll get 60+