Topic: Volkswagen - Efficiency in design

Dear Volkswagen

I especially like how you decided to mount the engine to the subframe using the starter motor.

Our starter went totally dead, so decided to replace it. Totally mundane task, until we realized the engine mount was part of the starter. Whoops!

The front of the engine suddenly falling down was a quick indication of our unfamiliarity.

Re: Volkswagen - Efficiency in design

mk1/2?

https://www.facebook.com/greatglobsofoil/
This car....Is said to have a will of it's Own. Twisting its own body in rage...It accelerates on.
1978 Opel/Buick Isuzu(C>B>C>B) , 1996 Nissan Maxima OnlyFans (B) , Sold 1996 Ford Probe GT(B),

MK3

I could tell you Volkswagen stories that would curl your hair!

Volkswagen loosely translated means "Bring Vasoline!"

Tetanus Racing Toxoid!
86 E30  It ain't cheatin' if it's junk!
Work in Progress

Welcome to the hell that is VW ownership.

And of course I'm building another one....

Tom Lomino - Proud to be a 23x Lemons Loser, 3x Class B, and 1x IOE Winner!
Craptain, Team Farfrumwinnin - 1995 Volkswagen Golf #14
Click here to "Like" us on Facebook   Click here for our Youtube Videos
Lifetime Achievement (of hopelessness) Award Winners

Don't bend the front motor mount bracket or you will never get the bolts to thread right!!  BTDT, got the scars to prove it......

#508 Team SOB
FINALLY!!!!!!!!!

Most car guys be like: WFT?!?!

VW guys be like:  Yup.

The Roto-Racer '89 Merkur:  If it ain't rusting, It ain't racing.

'14 Real Hoopties of NJ: Judges Choice

Drdanteiii wrote:

Most car guys be like: WFT?!?!

VW guys be like:  Yup.

I spent many a year specializing in repairing VWs as a day job. More doing the Japanese/Hyundai thing nowadays... But as I said:

"VWs are fantastic cars. I couldn't have BMWs on 2 and 4 wheels, a Mercedes for street and one for track, and a Jag for the Mrs. without them" smile

Tradewinds Tribesmen Racing (The road goes on forever…)
#289 1984 Corvette Z51 #124 1984 944 #110 2002 Passat
Gone but not forgotten, #427-Hong Kong Cavaliers Benz S500
IOE (Humber!) Hell on Wheels (Jaguar)

And from the "Who the Hell Are They Kidding?" file:

Watching "What's My Car Worth?" On Velocity the other day, mostly for the noise as I get some stuff done around the house. One of the feature cars is a 2007 Gallardo and the seller is actually uttering these words: "VW ownership really brought Lamborghini spectacular reliability. I mean, Passats and Jettas, they just don't break. You just bring 'em in at 100,000 miles for a check up and keep going."

No, the Gallardo didn't meet reserve.

Head of Estate
/) come monday motorsports /)

Kick at the darkness until it bleeds daylight.

In my experience, "VW" means "virtually worthless".

Bill

2020 I.O.E. CT #36 The Rootes Of All Evil,1958 Sunbeam Rapier Convertible (YES 1958!!) & 2019 Judges Choice NJMP
2016 Thompson Speedway #36 Sabrina Duncan's Revenge, IOE Trophy, 5th Place 'C' Class 1977 Ford Pinto
2009 Stafford Motor Speedway #16 Team Teflon, 11th Place (overall) 1997 Saturn SL2

calling the engine mount part of the starter is a bit of a stretch...

but honestly, not sure what you guys are talking about. VWs r E-Z: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BQhfcdQf1QA

"THE WONDERMENT CONSORTIUM"
Everything dies baby that's a fact,
But maybe everything that dies someday comes back?

Wow. So much hate. I have 2 now and have had a couple more plus 4 Audis and have no regrets except selling my last A4 - and yes I do my own work and keep them a long time.

"Don't mess with Lexas!" LS400. We survived another one! See website link for build details.
Maker of the "unofficial Lemons fish!" - If you ask nice, I'll likely give you one at the track.

Spinnetti wrote:

Wow. So much hate. I have 2 now and have had a couple more plus 4 Audis and have no regrets except selling my last A4 - and yes I do my own work and keep them a long time.

So is it six or twelve VAG's that you have?