Re: Retreat from Moscow 2017, who is going? and in what?

There's already 2 pre OBDII Subaru's going. I feel like we'll have Hella negative points.  I also can't plan on, nor do I want, to smash another windscreen. Good for points, bad for nerves.

I was trying to have my SVX ready for this, but the transmission is acting up.

ninjacoco wrote:

And oh yes, Coco's Vengeance Tour starts here with the appropriate car.

kakarot1232001 wrote:

been reading here and there. Now I tempted to partake in the fun. either by hitching a ride or taking my daily 1995 Audi 90 for the ride.

<3 I love Audi 90s. Do it do it do it do it.

That reminds me, I need to find where I put the spare FREE COCO sticker and get it on the heap. This should clearly be a higher priority than fixing the fuel system.

Driver, Pit Monkey, Rod Buster and Engine Fire Starter
Team FinalGear

54 (edited by ninjacoco 2016-12-27 04:54 PM)

EyeMWing wrote:
ninjacoco wrote:

And oh yes, Coco's Vengeance Tour starts here with the appropriate car.

kakarot1232001 wrote:

been reading here and there. Now I tempted to partake in the fun. either by hitching a ride or taking my daily 1995 Audi 90 for the ride.

<3 I love Audi 90s. Do it do it do it do it.

That reminds me, I need to find where I put the spare FREE COCO sticker and get it on the heap. This should clearly be a higher priority than fixing the fuel system.

Ooooooh yaaaaas.

I could bring more if people want them. There are plenty of leftovers. I'm going to need more little sparklebunnies, too.

Sanctimoniously wrote:

So...I have a bit of a problem. I made a snap purchase of a newer car, while much nicer and more fun to drive, is distinctly more average and definitely insufficiently hooptie to run the Retreat. Now my local friend and person who I've been trying to goad into doing this whole Lemons thing with me, and with whom we were going to to the Retreat in his 89 Dakota, has now had to bow out for work reasons.

So now what do I do? The responsible adult thing would probably be to bow out of the Retreat myself and continue saving up for an A&D in the coming season. But the other half of me can definitely come up with half of $425 and a few extra bucks for bedding and brews, and can totally come up with a reasonable excuse to take a week off work and school to ride around in some hooptie in the middle of winter. I can also supply the team mascot.

What is this slightly more average vehicle? Right now my plan is to drive my daily (2014 Fusion that's forever recalled and has a rebuilt title from being rear-ended by a dump truck) up to Bushkill PA and pick up my rally vehicle (1983 GMC Vandura) and I'm still looking for a co-driver myself... I promise I won't kill you!

Hell On Wheels "Totally Not a Rental Car" Chrysler 300
Retreat From Moscow "Traded a Bar Tab for a Wagon" Subaru Legacy
Monterey Car Weeeeak -Dishonorable Mention- "Cocoa Beach A.S.S. Team" Oldsmobile Wagon
Fail Inc Motorsports Intergalactic Headquarters

I get to go to the junkyard and hopefully find a work transaxle for my scoobie.

My transaxle is also fucked (WHY WOULD YOU USE THE ALUMINUM HOUSING AS A BEARING SURFACE!?), but I'm going to ignore it because I plan on putting in a 6MT/DCCD next year. I figure there's at least an even chance of being able to whack the FWD fuse in to limp away from any transaxle failure.

Driver, Pit Monkey, Rod Buster and Engine Fire Starter
Team FinalGear

Shvd_Box wrote:

What is this slightly more average vehicle?

Amusingly enough, it's also a 2014 Fusion. No history of adverse dump truck encounters though.

Just started my hooptie search for the rally!

Anyone know the cut-off date for entering?

Thanks, and I hope to see y'all there.

COM ( Chief Operating Moron ) of Burnt Rubber Soul Racing
Current fleet: 95 Ford Probe, 81 Mazda 626.  Past: 81 Imperial
Facebook page:  https://www.facebook.com/burntrubbersoulracing

60 (edited by Shvd_Box 2016-12-28 05:19 PM)

Sanctimoniously wrote:
Shvd_Box wrote:

What is this slightly more average vehicle?

Amusingly enough, it's also a 2014 Fusion. No history of adverse dump truck encounters though.

You should look into getting yourself one... Comes with a salvage title. If you decide to look for a passenger seat shoot me a message through the Facebook page in the signature below

Monterey Car Weeeeak -Dishonorable Mention- "Cocoa Beach A.S.S. Team" Oldsmobile Wagon

majo wrote:

Anyone know the cut-off date for entering?

According to the entry form, January 30 at 11:59 PM Pacific:

http://www.motorsportreg.com/events/lem … _V_7zKZORs

Probably the more significant question is how many entries they're prepared to accept. I don't know the answer, but they've currently got thirty confirmed entries listed.

1982 MG Metro 1300: IOE 2015 Pacific Northworst GP, Longest Distance 2010 Cd'L Box Wine Country Classic
1980 KV Mini 1: Worst of Show and Fright Pig Supremo 2009 Concours d'Lemons
1978 H Special: Second-Round Elimination 2010 Lemons Pinewood Derby at Sears Pointless
1967 SAAB 96: IOE 2012 Pacific Northworst GP, Organizer's Choice 2022 Hell on Wheels California Rally

Real cars have the transaxles in the back, you know.

63 (edited by dahlinboysracing 2016-12-29 12:11 PM)

I've given up on the Fury cop car clone. I've thrown too much time and money at it. Found a 84 El Dorado for $395. Starts. Runs. drives. Done deal.

Was: http://i1196.photobucket.com/albums/aa4 … 6lwxah.jpg

Now: http://i1196.photobucket.com/albums/aa4 … 40qrbw.jpg

Anybody want a 1967 Fury 1 4 door post car? Most of 2 engines, 2 trannys, all glass good, was all new brakes 4 years ago, pedal goes to floor now, solid body, Mopar cop car wheels, period correct siren and light bar. Please save me from myself!

Fritz

Dahlinboysracing W/Frankenphil  '11 Crown Royal Vic SPWV 73 '12 Tom Sellecka Toyota NJMP 75 SPWV 43 NHMS 65, '13  Toylaren Monticello 120, Daytona 102, SPWV  83 HF! NJMP 41 NHMS 48th '14 Fireball  Integra NJMP 24th NJMP 18th NHMS 90th '15 NJMP 54th Daytona 33RD SPWV 4th Thompson  79th CMP 13th '16 NJMP 43 Thompson 21 CMP 32nd NHMS 24 '17 FB Integra NJMP 68 Cledus Snow Eldorado IGS 118, NCM 24

Bent u-bolts on the axle. It's a ford 9", so I thought that would be an easy find locally. 3 stores (one twice) and they all seemed confused. Nothing is stock on this truck, so I said just any u-bolt from any ford vehicle from 1960ish to 1990ish. There are three billion of these axles out there. Turned out to be a special order everywhere locally.  So I ordered online

Then I needed 6• axle shims. -online order

Then no one locally had a 9/16 nylock nut. Online be again.

A simple spring swap got crazy. Not because of the springs, but purely hardware issues.

1973ish ford bronco - 3 speeds but none are fast.

Shvd_Box wrote:
fiasco wrote:

i'm about ready to donate this thing to NH Public Radio, unless you can give me a compelling reason to sign the title over to you!

http://nh.craigslist.org/cto/5875291906.html

This thing could kill someone... It needs to have a viking funeral and a ridiculous roadtrip such as this would be that. What's public radio going to do with it anyway?

This is why somebody needs to get a temp plate and get it the hell out of my yard. Title in hand, public radio car donation people haven't returned calls. $20 worth of booze or beer and I'll sign the title over. I would put tires on it before running it in winter. if it was summer, I'd just inside out the tires and hope it doesn't rain.

fiasco wrote:
Shvd_Box wrote:
fiasco wrote:

i'm about ready to donate this thing to NH Public Radio, unless you can give me a compelling reason to sign the title over to you!

http://nh.craigslist.org/cto/5875291906.html

This thing could kill someone... It needs to have a viking funeral and a ridiculous roadtrip such as this would be that. What's public radio going to do with it anyway?

This is why somebody needs to get a temp plate and get it the hell out of my yard. Title in hand, public radio car donation people haven't returned calls. $20 worth of booze or beer and I'll sign the title over. I would put tires on it before running it in winter. if it was summer, I'd just inside out the tires and hope it doesn't rain.

I'm sitting here drinking after a hard day at work, what's the closest airport/amtrak station? This sounds stupid and I like stupid!

If you've sobered up and still think this is a good idea; the closest airport is MHT (Manchester, NH).

Oh, it's still a good idea.

EyeMWing wrote:

My transaxle is also fucked (WHY WOULD YOU USE THE ALUMINUM HOUSING AS A BEARING SURFACE!?), but I'm going to ignore it because I plan on putting in a 6MT/DCCD next year. I figure there's at least an even chance of being able to whack the FWD fuse in to limp away from any transaxle failure.

I'm guessing yours is the automatic?
If mine fails again, I'm making it rwd

3rd try at reinstalling rear axle. 3rd special order part on a ford 9". Maybe it's me that messed up.

1973ish ford bronco - 3 speeds but none are fast.

71 (edited by prentmarriner 2017-01-01 04:26 PM)

I thought I was going to start test driving my rally wagon today after repairing the fuel tank, exhaust and replumbing all of the brake lines and getting it registered and insured Friday. When I went to back it out of the shop, both front calipers were stuck. Looks like I'm replacing calipers and bleeding the brakes again tomorrow night.

Found my rally car!  I'll see y'all in four weeks.

https://scontent.fcmh1-1.fna.fbcdn.net/v/t31.0-8/15774730_1841241152790321_6979127115848870451_o.jpg?oh=e5073c732081f67fa30739533d34e4bd&amp;oe=591E3ADB

COM ( Chief Operating Moron ) of Burnt Rubber Soul Racing
Current fleet: 95 Ford Probe, 81 Mazda 626.  Past: 81 Imperial
Facebook page:  https://www.facebook.com/burntrubbersoulracing

Shvd_Box wrote:
fiasco wrote:
Shvd_Box wrote:

I'm sitting here drinking after a hard day at work, what's the closest airport/amtrak station? This sounds stupid and I like stupid!

So, is Fiasco's Subaru going to get it's Lemons rally viking funeral?

We are hashing out details...like sketchy temp plates, insurance, and tires that aren't 10 miles from being corded.

I see no way in which this carefully laid plan can fail!

At the very least, this is going to be a really great story.