Topic: Rally then Race?

Is anyone going to run the rally and then try to race their junk when we get to Barber?
I wont have my car together enough to pass tech and race, not to mention getting more drivers and spares, etc. to Alabama from Maine in the middle of winter. I am definitely rallying and staying for the race and want to check out the museum as well while I'm there. I would be interested in helping anyone out that is racing that weekend if anyone needs a hand.

Re: Rally then Race?

We're still trying to decide if we can make it work for our schedules, using our 97 Isuzu Hombre race car on the rally as it is street legal and registered, we just need a heater and a few bits like that.  We would have to bring our Suburban as a second car on the rally. I would rather bring my AMG Mercedes but it won't hole all of the race stuff or tow the Hombre home if it breaks.

Chris from 3 Pedal Mafia

I'll just leave this right here...

http://forums.24hoursoflemons.com/viewt … p?id=33154

Sonic wrote:

We're still trying to decide if we can make it work for our schedules, using our 97 Isuzu Hombre race car on the rally as it is street legal and registered, we just need a heater and a few bits like that.  We would have to bring our Suburban as a second car on the rally. I would rather bring my AMG Mercedes but it won't hole all of the race stuff or tow the Hombre home if it breaks.

Have you decided if you are rallying the Hombre yet? 
I remember overhearing in the paddock at Loudon "how bad do you have to f**k up for the judges to put Vermin Supreme in your car as a driver?" How did that come about?

Team Fairlylame is attempting to do the whole shebang without a trailer.

Team Fairlylame
HumidiTT '14 IOE Winner

Awesome. I *really* wanted to do it in the Valiant, but couldn't convince enough team mates that it was an even remotely good idea.

Squatting Dog Racing
2000 Mustang - sold to those Hokie Pokie losers
1970 Valiant - 2015 Southern Discomfort Organizer's Choice - 2016 Southern Discomfort Most Heroic Fix

We couldn't get our shit together well enough to run the Hombre, and still do the other more important things in our lives that need doing.   We do plan on bringing it or something worse next year though. 

Having Vermin in the car was fun! We had planned it a few days before the race with Judge Rich.  I still have the boot on a plunger that was on the truck while he was driving.  He didn't break it or hit anything, and now we have a good story!

Chris from 3 Pedal Mafia

I'm arrive and racing at Barber and the car owner is doing the Rally in the racecar.
So their are people doing it.
I'm sure you can find some team of like minded people at the race to hang out with.
Definitely check out the Museum while your there.

C-MORE wrote:

Awesome. I *really* wanted to do it in the Valiant, but couldn't convince enough team mates that it was an even remotely good idea.

See, that's the thing. I know it's a bad idea. Errrybody knows it's a bad idea. The point is to convince them that it's not about the quality of the idea, but the quality of the story you tell afterwards. 
Anyway, I hate that the Valiant won't be sharing the misery. I absolutely love that car.

Team Fairlylame
HumidiTT '14 IOE Winner