Topic: Comp License

Do my drivers have to pay for their comp license's before my team will be considered?

How hard is it to get into the Joliet Lemons race?

We are trying to make plans for the race and I am not the type of person to leave things till the last minute.

Thanks
Bob Johnson

Re: Comp License

I am pretty sure you do not need your license before you can be accepted.  As long as you sign up early you shoukd have no problem gaining entry to joliet.

You are only entitled to the space you occupy.

You can be accepted without all licenses, but your status on the website will say 'Not ready to race' (or something like that) until all licenses are good and you've paid the race fees. Just went through this for Barbers.

Everyone covered the license thing so I will cover Joliet.  Unless something completely unique happens, Joliet will not have a waiting list...you pay, you race.

Thanks guys!
I think this is going to be fun!

racer49 wrote:

Thanks guys!
I think this is going to be fun!

PM me if you have questions.  Starting soon enough we will have one tiny rebuild and one EPIC transformation going on simultaneously.  Always happy to entertain a new team to get them on the right path.

We are two-time IoE winners who also ran a fast B car (with some slow drivers) for a while and veterans of I think 4 years racing now so at least a dozen races.  We have spawned one new team and helped another come into being and fail miserably.

Our team is unlikely to run the Joliet race even though it is our local track because of all the new tracks this year.  I will still be there an happy lend a hand, some wisdom or just drink a beer while pointing and laughing at you.

You don't need comp licenses until the registration closes. You only need them to get individual drivers bands, so not having them will not stop you from getting in. My page always says not ready to race because we don't run with 4 drivers, so I usually have a filler name to make the website happy, but I don't buy a comp license for the filler names. If you're wondering if this is kosher, I had Nick walk me through this whole process before my first race where we only had 3 drivers.

Owner of the Knights Templar Neon
A&D of middling proportions