Topic: Where and when is everybody leaving from.

Wondering if we can hook up with any teams rolling in to Moscow Monday. We are leaving from nc and heading to D.C. Sunday night. Then from D.C. To Dunmore PA Monday morning.

1973ish ford bronco - 3 speeds but none are fast.

Re: Where and when is everybody leaving from.

We'll probably be stopping over in Chicago on on Sunday night and rolling to Moscow on Monday.

We're game to convoy with anyone.

That guy that likes the Oldsmobile Diesel for some reason.

I'm leaving tuesday morning super early from DC. Not sure if this is a wise move...

badbadbenbernanke wrote:

We'll probably be stopping over in Chicago on on Sunday night and rolling to Moscow on Monday.

We are leaving from the Chicago area early Monday.  specifically 355/88 interchange area.  Right now it is my team, and one other.

You are only entitled to the space you occupy.

untitledcarshow wrote:

I'm leaving tuesday morning super early from DC. Not sure if this is a wise move...

How about Monday morning with us?  We are staying there Sunday night, but planning on pulling out early Monday morning

1973ish ford bronco - 3 speeds but none are fast.

I'm departing York PA Monday evening.

Driver, Pit Monkey, Rod Buster and Engine Fire Starter
Team FinalGear

7 (edited by Shvd_Box 2017-01-15 11:03 PM)

Daytona Beach, FLA 1/28

Hell On Wheels "Totally Not a Rental Car" Chrysler 300
Retreat From Moscow "Traded a Bar Tab for a Wagon" Subaru Legacy
Monterey Car Weeeeak -Dishonorable Mention- "Cocoa Beach A.S.S. Team" Oldsmobile Wagon
Fail Inc Motorsports Intergalactic Headquarters

Trevor57 wrote:
badbadbenbernanke wrote:

We are leaving from the Chicago area early Monday.  specifically 355/88 interchange area.  Right now it is my team, and one other.

We're pulling out from the Gurnee early Monday. We'll se if we can hook up.

aaronmichorn wrote:
untitledcarshow wrote:

How about Monday morning with us?  We are staying there Sunday night, but planning on pulling out early Monday morning

I would but getting off of work that day is kinda difficult, plus I would have to book another hotel if y'all get delayed for what ever reason let me know my house is just south of Baltimore

Sometime Monday from an hour south of DC.

Squatting Dog Racing
2000 Mustang - sold to those Hokie Pokie losers
1970 Valiant - 2015 Southern Discomfort Organizer's Choice - 2016 Southern Discomfort Most Heroic Fix

I'll be leaving from Cleveland around noon on Monday.

COM ( Chief Operating Moron ) of Burnt Rubber Soul Racing
Current fleet: 95 Ford Probe, 81 Mazda 626.  Past: 81 Imperial
Facebook page:  https://www.facebook.com/burntrubbersoulracing

Assuming I am going (still not 100% but much closer to it than a week ago), I've got four days to make it the 1700 miles from the middle of Canada to Dunmore. Probably going to be picking up my team mate at the airport somewhere in the middle there. Chicago doesn't seem like a bad meet-up point, just the other side of the half-way mark for me.

gogmorgo wrote:

Assuming I am going (still not 100% but much closer to it than a week ago), I've got four days to make it the 1700 miles from the middle of Canada to Dunmore. Probably going to be picking up my team mate at the airport somewhere in the middle there. Chicago doesn't seem like a bad meet-up point, just the other side of the half-way mark for me.

What part of the middle of Canada? I'm driving down from Minot to Rochester MN to meet up with my teammate and our car.

Leaving Charlottesville Virginia Sunday.

Leaving Rolex 24 right after race. ETA after dark Monday.

Brian Gomez
2018 Great Lakes Mistake Dune Buggy Thing - 2018 Retreat from Moscow: 1979 Lemons Chevette - 2017 Retreat from Moscow: 1978 Ford Fairmont Futura - 2016 Hell On Wheels Car Weeeeeaaaaaaaakkkk: 2003 Pontiac Aztek Breaking Bad!

16 (edited by therood 2017-01-17 06:24 PM)

I'm leaving Chicago on Sunday and stopping somewhere in or east of Cleveland for the night, then leaving relatively early Monday morning so I can meet up with Steve in Moscow to set up.

Eric Rood
Everything Bagel, 24 Hours of Lemons
eric@24hoursoflemons.com

badbadbenbernanke wrote:

What part of the middle of Canada? I'm driving down from Minot to Rochester MN to meet up with my teammate and our car.

Your part. You weren't the Eldorotto on the last one, were you? I'm about 4 hours north and a bit east of Minot. Other events on the day I'm leaving tell me I'll likely hit Minneapolis around midnight on the 27th, going south on I-29 to Fargo most likely, 8pmish there? Currently in discussion about whether I'm picking up my teammate in Chicago or Minneapolis, which would be about the only fixed place/time on the route down.

gogmorgo wrote:
badbadbenbernanke wrote:

Your part. You weren't the Eldorotto on the last one, were you? I'm about 4 hours north and a bit east of Minot. Other events on the day I'm leaving tell me I'll likely hit Minneapolis around midnight on the 27th, going south on I-29 to Fargo most likely, 8pmish there? Currently in discussion about whether I'm picking up my teammate in Chicago or Minneapolis, which would be about the only fixed place/time on the route down.

Yeah, that was us is in the Eldo.

I'm probably heading down to Rochester on the 28th. We'll not sure if we'll go straight to Chicago on the 28th or head out on the 29th.

Leaving Syracuse Area Monday night or Tuesday Morning Early, haven't decided

Leaving Colorado Springs, probably Friday

21 (edited by gogmorgo 2017-01-19 06:41 AM)

badbadbenbernanke wrote:

I'm probably heading down to Rochester on the 28th. We'll not sure if we'll go straight to Chicago on the 28th or head out on the 29th.

I didn't realize it was a diesel until we were just about to leave. Too bad, I've never got to check one out in person. Didn't realize you were so close to home either until you guys posted about having made it home. If I hadn't been running back via Saskatoon we might have been able to convoy. Thinking about things more I've got a couple short errands to run in Winnipeg so likely would end up spending the night of the 27th somewhere around Fargo. Depending on where/when I pick up my teammate. We might be able to meet up somewhere... what's the chance there'd be a couch or two to crash on in Rochester? Hopefully I'll be in the Niva this time, but the engine and trans are only attached to each other right now so the Comanche might be the last-minute swap-out once again.

Charlottesville is not really near anything but if you need a place to sleep on you way north hit me up.

Be safe out there,
Grimmy

Charlottesville NC? Yeah, it'll be pretty far out of my way on the home run, I'll be going TN, MO, IA, MN, but thanks for the offer!

gogmorgo wrote:
badbadbenbernanke wrote:

I didn't realize it was a diesel until we were just about to leave. Too bad, I've never got to check one out in person. Didn't realize you were so close to home either until you guys posted about having made it home. If I hadn't been running back via Saskatoon we might have been able to convoy. Thinking about things more I've got a couple short errands to run in Winnipeg so likely would end up spending the night of the 27th somewhere around Fargo. Depending on where/when I pick up my teammate. We might be able to meet up somewhere... what's the chance there'd be a couch or two to crash on in Rochester? Hopefully I'll be in the Niva this time, but the engine and trans are only attached to each other right now so the Comanche might be the last-minute swap-out once again.

Sure, we'll see if we can't hookup in Fargo. Worst case i'll just leave after you and keep an eye out on the shoulder of I94. wink

My teammate says he has a spare air mattress. Hit him up on FB: KevinandJeff Lemon.

Driving the Fairlane from Savannah to Atlanta Sunday to pick up my co-driver. Departing from ATL Monday morning.

Team Fairlylame
HumidiTT '14 IOE Winner