Topic: Inde: who's in?

The #140 Benz is. Who are we racing against?

Tradewinds Tribesmen Racing (The road goes on forever…)
#289 1984 Corvette Z51 #124 1984 944 #110 2002 Passat
Gone but not forgotten, #427-Hong Kong Cavaliers Benz S500
IOE (Humber!) Hell on Wheels (Jaguar)

Re: Inde: who's in?

I've teamed up with Spank again and we're bringing two,.  Mazda and Yugo.

1990 RX7 "Mazdarita"  1964 Sunbeam Imp (IOE 2013 Sears Pointless) 2002 Jaguar x-type (Winner C-Class 2021 Sears Pointless)
Gone bye-bye
1994 Jaguar XJ12 (Winner C-Class 2013 Sears Pointless)  1980 Rover SD1 (I Got Screwed 2014 Return of Lemonites)

cheseroo wrote:

I've teamed up with Spank again and we're bringing two...

Should anyone notice one of these cars moving even more slowly than usual, that'll be me driving.

1982 MG Metro 1300: IOE 2015 Pacific Northworst GP, Longest Distance 2010 Cd'L Box Wine Country Classic
1980 KV Mini 1: Worst of Show and Fright Pig Supremo 2009 Concours d'Lemons
1978 H Special: Second-Round Elimination 2010 Lemons Pinewood Derby at Sears Pointless
1967 SAAB 96: IOE 2012 Pacific Northworst GP, Organizer's Choice 2022 Hell on Wheels California Rally

4 (edited by Spank 2017-02-22 10:36 AM)

cheseroo wrote:

You give me far too much blame. The Yugo is Bill's and the Mazda is Yours. I'm an A&D who has a micro-managing problem that you're supposed to help cure me of.

Spank wrote:
cheseroo wrote:

You give me far too much blame. The Yugo is Bill's and the Mazda is Yours. I'm an A&D who has a micro-managing problem that you're supposed to help cure me of.

You give yourself too little credit.  Its like ham and egg breakfast.  The chicken is involved but the pig is committed.  You're the pig in this breakfast.

1990 RX7 "Mazdarita"  1964 Sunbeam Imp (IOE 2013 Sears Pointless) 2002 Jaguar x-type (Winner C-Class 2021 Sears Pointless)
Gone bye-bye
1994 Jaguar XJ12 (Winner C-Class 2013 Sears Pointless)  1980 Rover SD1 (I Got Screwed 2014 Return of Lemonites)

Nine Finger Drifters will return with the (hemi) Hemi-powered fury that is Corolla! Kampai!

RetroRacing-1973 Super! Beetle
Nine Finger Drifters- 1982 te72 Toyota Corolla Wagon (BEAMS PWRD!)
My one man show: G. D. Yo-Man: No! YOU Ams Da A&&hole!
2010 CMP Fall-Judges' Choice, 2014 Barber-DFL and I Got Screwed!, 3X- You Talk Shit Better Than You Race (YTSBTYR) Award, 2017 NCM- IOE (thanks, Speedy!), 2018 Inde-Heroic Fix, 2019 Inde-Winner C Class

cheseroo wrote:
Spank wrote:
cheseroo wrote:

You give yourself too little credit.  Its like ham and egg breakfast.  The chicken is involved but the pig is committed.  You're the pig in this breakfast.

A+ wisdom nugget

Eric Rood
Everything Bagel, 24 Hours of Lemons
eric@24hoursoflemons.com

Are you calling me fat?

I think he's calling you a filthy animal?

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSvQZWWmVlWWOE_5YoQhc24F-zYr-y8_uD9mZ79PnM4LB7VQUpaiQ

No, I think he's saying that Spank hogs all the IOE trophies.   smile

"I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it!"
IOE winner in the Super Snipe -- Buttonwillow 2012
IOE winner in Super Snipe v2.0 -- Buttonwillow 2016
"Every Super Snipe in Lemons has won an IOE!"

Spank wrote:
cheseroo wrote:

Arrive and Direct?

Team whatever_racecar #745 Volvo wagon

I'm hangin next to Bill and cheseroo and Spank... but bringing a Porsche for everyone to kibitz while I change the clutch all weekend.

That guy

Looks like we will be kinda light on entries this year. I counted only 33, but I was just going by a quick glance at available numbers...

2010 CMP Fall-Judges' Choice, 2014 Barber-DFL and I Got Screwed!, 3X- You Talk Shit Better Than You Race (YTSBTYR) Award, 2017 NCM- IOE (thanks, Speedy!), 2018 Inde-Heroic Fix, 2019 Inde-Winner C Class

II can bring an extra car for people if there's a team of 4 who wants to use it. Including entry fees it runs about $550-$600 per person for a team of 4. No guarantees, etc, etc. It'll probably still be painted like a faded Spank.J. Cop car.

Spank wrote:

II can bring an extra car for people if there's a team of 4 who wants to use it. Including entry fees it runs about $550-$600 per person for a team of 4. No guarantees, etc, etc. It'll probably still be painted like a faded Spank.J. Cop car.

That's a fine offer to make, Spank. The figures involved are less than each of our team needs to fork out- someone should really take you up on this!

Tradewinds Tribesmen Racing (The road goes on forever…)
#289 1984 Corvette Z51 #124 1984 944 #110 2002 Passat
Gone but not forgotten, #427-Hong Kong Cavaliers Benz S500
IOE (Humber!) Hell on Wheels (Jaguar)

Spank wrote:

Wow, that is an astonishingly generous offer! Will keep my fingers crossed that someone steps to the plate!

Eyesore Racing has clicked the Inde chicken this year. Too short and tire-eaty of a track to travel that distance.

With an H
Eyesore Racing

Anyone one interested in possibly splitting the cost of a VRBO property close to the track? Sleeps 4-6 people and is 25 miles / 35 minutes away. Cheaper than the Best Western or Holiday Inn or Super 8 if 2 or more folks want to join me in rental costs. Two queen beds and plenty of floor space of course. LMK asap.

https://www.vrbo.com/439603

-Jim B.
802-233-1032 (c)

Bert One - 1981 Volvo 262c Bertone | Ernie - 1990 Nissan 240SX

Squatty Potty Racing (formerly trashpanda) will be there with our Miata...

I created an event on racecast.me for this race

//live.racecast.me/event/58e5b672853b53c357234947

Trashpanda/Squatty Potty will be broadcasting.

- Apocalypse Cow
  Racing.  Wait what?
36th@Az-DB '16, 16th@Az-DB '17.
Next Up: Button Turrible '17

21 (edited by Spank 2017-04-05 10:39 PM)

Be warned:

There's a 1% chance of rain at 6am on Sunday according to Weather Underground

What was it like at Sonoma, again?

1% chance of rain means 99% chance it won't.  It's in southern Arizona, the Northern Sonoran desert.

We have a rule down here, "Any time it looks like it'll rain, it probably won't."

- Apocalypse Cow
  Racing.  Wait what?
36th@Az-DB '16, 16th@Az-DB '17.
Next Up: Button Turrible '17

Oh yeah... 1% chance of rain means there is 100% chance that 1% of the coverage area will get rain. The coverage area here is enormous. The radar that does the "coverage" is in Tucson and it includes Bisbee (nearly 100 miles away).

Most of the rain is over the mountains known as the "Sky Islands," a moniker that makes more sense from my house than from I-10. We've got several patches of them.

Flat places (like my house and Inde) are often in weird confluences of weather... read "weather forecasts don't mean shit out here. look at the sky for local weather."

That guy