Topic: fuel cell install for a 72 2002
Looking to have the Tech crew preview/cirtique a fuel cell install. After last year's experience at BFE/HPR with our 1975 2002, we are heeding their advice and looking to install a fuel cell in our 1972 2002 (oh yes we did, 2002 v2). Plus, the "new" 2002 OEM tank looks like it would fall out if the car rolls onto it's roof given the rusted fasteners. So fuel cell install, here we go.....
The cell we are looking at (sorry you will have to cut and paste, my first post and not allowed to post links):
Plumbing would look like:
- -8AN elbow from fuel cell to stainless steel braided tubing.
- SS tubing to AN barbed fitting to rubber gas line (RGL)
- RGL to electric fuel pump.
- fuel pump to RGL, passes through trunk floor
- RGL to double flared hard line
- hard line to engine compartment to fuel filter
- fuel filter to RGL
- RGL to fuel injector rail
- similar method for return line
Part of the trunk floor would be removed to accommodate a square tube cage. The cage would encapsulate fuel cell.
Also, for the return line, we would drill and install AN fitting in the silver access plate.