Topic: Mothers day? MOTHERS DAY? (NJMP)

Hey anybody else sign up and NOT know Sunday is Mothers day? I'm sure my Mrs. is NOT going to like this... Anyway looking forward to getting up to NJ and testing our fresh 305 and giving the 350 cars the beat down....  Spun a bearing last year. 

http://i68.tinypic.com/1zx427t.jpg

"get up and get your grandma outta here"

Re: Mothers day? MOTHERS DAY? (NJMP)

The NJ race is normally on Mother's Day weekend.

"She's a brick house" 57th out of 121 and 5th in Class C, There Goes the Neighborhood 2013
"PA Posse" 21st out of 96 and 2nd in Class C, Capitol Offense 2013.
"PA Posse" 29th out of 133 and Class C WINNER, Halloween Hooptiefest 2013
"PA Posse" 33rd out of 151 and 2nd in Class C, The Real Hoopties 2013

It wasn't last year....

4 (edited by kakarot1232001 2017-03-14 10:56 AM)

1-800 - flowers
just saying...

https://www.facebook.com/greatglobsofoil/
This car....Is said to have a will of it's Own. Twisting its own body in rage...It accelerates on.
1978 Opel/Buick Isuzu(C>B>C>B) , 1996 Nissan Maxima OnlyFans (B) , Sold 1996 Ford Probe GT(B),

In 2014 and 2015 it was.

If you look back, this race is being scheduled on the second full weekend in May.  The reason it was not on Mother's Day in 2016 was May started on Sunday, which meant the second Sunday (when Mother's Day is observed) was a weekend earlier than most years.

"She's a brick house" 57th out of 121 and 5th in Class C, There Goes the Neighborhood 2013
"PA Posse" 21st out of 96 and 2nd in Class C, Capitol Offense 2013.
"PA Posse" 29th out of 133 and Class C WINNER, Halloween Hooptiefest 2013
"PA Posse" 33rd out of 151 and 2nd in Class C, The Real Hoopties 2013

kakarot1232001 wrote:

1-800 - flowers
just saying...

I have a felling that isn't going to fly... It isn't going to help that I'll be away that week for business... I probably won't get to the track until late Friday night or early Sat morning.

Yup, with the exception of last year we've gone racing on mother's day just about every year I've been doing this. My mom is shockingly cool with it considering both myself and my dad go racing.

20+ Time Loser FutilityMotorsport
Abandoned E36 Build
2008 Saab 9-5Aero Wagon
Retired - 1989 Dodge Daytona Shelby 2011-2015 "Lifetime Award for Lack of Achievement" IOE, 3X I got screwed, Organizer's Choice

My wife even braves the traffic to come down to watch me race.  (it was over 2 hours last time because of the airshow)

Silent But Deadly Racing-  Ricky Bobby's Laughing Clown Malt Liquor Thunderbird , Datsun 510, 87 Mustang (The Race Team Formerly Known as Prince), 72 Pinto Squire waggy, Parnelli Jones 67 Galaxie, Turbo Coupe Surf wagon.(The Surfin Bird), Squatting Dogs In Tracksuits,  Space Pants!  Roy Fuckin Kent and The tribute to a tribute to a tribute THUNDERBIRD/ SUNDAHBADOH!

A race weekend AND an airshow?  Now that was a mother's day.  With 3 new babies on the team this year, this mothers day is going to be hella expensive.

NJMP '11--#132 (Speedycop), NJMP '12 to '16--#215 (Philthy Motorsports), NJMP '16--#75 Most Heroic Fix, NJMP '17--#75 (still drying out), NJMP '18--#75, NHMS '18 - #75 Datsun 510

In 2013 Mother's Day was the weekend of the Loudon Annoying race in NH.

We Audi Be Faster
'85 Audi Coupe G(in &) T(onic)

It started as: "Honey, I know it is Mothers day, but we can bring the kids, and have a great pic-nic, and we'll spend time together, and if you want, even you can drive the car...!"

Thinking: oh, she'll just say "Don't worry, you go, and have a nice time, and we'll celebrate the following weekend"

But no....

Instead, now its: "So did you get the car fixed and ready for the next race, so it is dependable when I race it...?? !!  Come on...what are you waiting for?  The race is coming up soon!  The brakes rattled at the last race, and the exhaust was loose, and it needs to handle better.  Plus it is filthy inside and you need to clean out the mouse poop.... "

oy.....

z

MarioKart Driving School: 1987 Honda Prelude Si (Opus #28) 
Loudon, NH 2014 - Millville, NJ, Lightening 2019 (RIP)
New and improved: 1987 Honda Prelude Si (Opus #11) Pittsburgh, PA 2021 - ??
and finally won something, Class C Win: Loudon, NH 2022

Take the woman racing. Way better than flowers that are gonna die, or chocolates you'll regret eating in one sitting.

Sorry no air show this year, it's two weeks later.

http://www.millvilleairshow.com/

Team Glue Sticks
00 Firebird, 02 X-Type, 93 NX2000, 00 Mazda 626 (Sold)
2016 NJMP Heroic Fix, 2017 NJMP Near Heroic Fix except we can't drive, 2017 Thompson I Got Screwed, 2019 Pitt Heroic Fix

Oh, well....I guess that means Mr. Speedycop is not coming...(?)(!)

MarioKart Driving School: 1987 Honda Prelude Si (Opus #28) 
Loudon, NH 2014 - Millville, NJ, Lightening 2019 (RIP)
New and improved: 1987 Honda Prelude Si (Opus #11) Pittsburgh, PA 2021 - ??
and finally won something, Class C Win: Loudon, NH 2022

The combination of Lemons and a free 3-day air show rocked, but damn that weekend put a pounding on my already damaged hearing.

Interceptor Motorsports
351w Foxy T-Bird - Class B Winner!, 440 Bluesmobile - Judges Choice, Org Choice & IOE!, Camero, Fuego Turbo - Heroic Fix & IOE!