Topic: NJ who's in?

Dumb as a Brick was accepted.

We are coming back with a much smaller wing and only one returning driver.  It will be almost like starting a new team, again.

"She's a brick house" 57th out of 121 and 5th in Class C, There Goes the Neighborhood 2013
"PA Posse" 21st out of 96 and 2nd in Class C, Capitol Offense 2013.
"PA Posse" 29th out of 133 and Class C WINNER, Halloween Hooptiefest 2013
"PA Posse" 33rd out of 151 and 2nd in Class C, The Real Hoopties 2013

Re: NJ who's in?

Nice Rob, I am assuming you are the returning driver on that one.  Team Glue Sticks is in as well and we will have a 3rd car this year.  We should have 1 A, 1 B, and 1 C class car as well as 1 FWD, 1 RWD and 1 AWD.  Hopefully we keep at least one on the track at all times.

Team Glue Sticks
00 Firebird, 02 X-Type, 93 NX2000, 00 Mazda 626 (Sold)
2016 NJMP Heroic Fix, 2017 NJMP Near Heroic Fix except we can't drive, 2017 Thompson I Got Screwed, 2019 Pitt Heroic Fix

we'll be there. Hoping to get some good racing in. We still have things to finish, like getting the motor back together and in, brake upgrade, new tires....
http://i68.tinypic.com/1zx427t.jpg

"get up and get your grandma outta here"

The family Race Saab will be there. It's currently undergoing some 1/4 million mile maintenance.

http://i174.photobucket.com/albums/w116/cegan09/saab%20build/20170316_222955.jpg

20+ Time Loser FutilityMotorsport
Abandoned E36 Build
2008 Saab 9-5Aero Wagon
Retired - 1989 Dodge Daytona Shelby 2011-2015 "Lifetime Award for Lack of Achievement" IOE, 3X I got screwed, Organizer's Choice

3PM is in with 4 cars: Civic, Hombre, Cressida, TR7.  Both the Civic and Hombre need significant work before the race.  We still haven't decided on a theme for the year.

At least we have our garages reserved already.

Chris from 3 Pedal Mafia

meyers0150 wrote:

Nice Rob, I am assuming you are the returning driver on that one.  Team Glue Sticks is in as well and we will have a 3rd car this year.  We should have 1 A, 1 B, and 1 C class car as well as 1 FWD, 1 RWD and 1 AWD.  Hopefully we keep at least one on the track at all times.

Actually, no, I will be only be wrenching at this race, unless someone can't make it, or gets sick.

"She's a brick house" 57th out of 121 and 5th in Class C, There Goes the Neighborhood 2013
"PA Posse" 21st out of 96 and 2nd in Class C, Capitol Offense 2013.
"PA Posse" 29th out of 133 and Class C WINNER, Halloween Hooptiefest 2013
"PA Posse" 33rd out of 151 and 2nd in Class C, The Real Hoopties 2013

7 (edited by sumitag88 2017-03-20 10:21 AM)

We'll be there with the "RaceTegra" again with our hopes of finally finishing our first event without a major delay or failure

- Last year the car ran really good at NJMP, other than a fuel pump issue that set us back 7 hours in sourcing the right part
- Last year at NHMS, the car was having all kinds of issues coming in every few laps and ultimatley dieing of oil starvation on day 2.  Our theory was the lack of an "accusump" type setup, but it turns out someone had left a rag in the oil pan that blocked off the intake.

In the teardown we decided to simplifiy and scrap the ebay turbo kit for a more "reliable" junkyard honda, na motor.  Reliabilty > Speed.  We also learned that our suspension had lost a few bolts alont the way and was essentially held together by rust, grime, and pressure

Currently the car is apart, the motor is halfway together, we are unsure if the old trans will bolt up...what felt like a ton of time a few weeks ago is slowly feeling like we will be down to the wire on this

Sonic wrote:

How did you reserve the garage?  I've emailed the address given 3-4 times with no response

9 (edited by Mr.Yuck 2017-03-20 10:49 AM)

A few in-car from last years NJMP race... see if you can spot yourself...The big winged brick mustang is at the 8:50 mark

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ojikflm729Y&t=105s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zsrd9q1aqn0&t=57s   glue stick firebird 5:10 mark

The Gadget Inspectors will be there with our '89/'90 240SX Gadgetmobile. We'll have an all new yellow flag playlist cranking massive treble from the rooftop speakers.

Chief Gadget Inspector
Fifteen-time Loser
S13 240SX (bent)

We're in.  My little pony car might get a theme revision.

--Rob Leone Schumacher Taxi Service
We won the IOE at Southern Discomfort.
We got screwed at The Real Hoopties of New Jersey  and we took cars down with us.
We got the curse at Capitol Offense but they wouldn't let us destroy the car.

sumitag88 wrote:
Sonic wrote:

How did you reserve the garage?  I've emailed the address given 3-4 times with no response

It can be done on the NJMP website pretty easily.  Click on facility then garage rentals, pick the event or VIP garages.

Or call them, that has worked for us in the past too.

Chris from 3 Pedal Mafia

The Bluesmobile is in, now sporting genuine cop suspension and Imperial power!

Interceptor Motorsports
351w Foxy T-Bird - Class B Winner!, 440 Bluesmobile - Judges Choice, Org Choice & IOE!, Camero, Fuego Turbo - Heroic Fix & IOE!

Sonic wrote:
sumitag88 wrote:
Sonic wrote:

It can be done on the NJMP website pretty easily.  Click on facility then garage rentals, pick the event or VIP garages.

We actually tried to reserve garages a while back....
Everyone tried to do it on line, and the site would not accept anyone's credit card.  Not only that, but the available garages were incorrect.  And would change intermittently.  The web site sucked.
Website stated that garages that we knew were already taken, were listed as available.  Also, they listed the Lemons Inspection garages as Available.
We tried to email them, but they would never answer.
Many calls were made also.  They almost never answered.
Finally we got through and reserved by phone. 
This is probably your best option.

Otherwise, the VIP garages have not sold out in the past.  The main/central garages usually sell out, and are most likely sold out right now.

Good Luck!

Z

MarioKart Driving School: 1987 Honda Prelude Si (Opus #28) 
Loudon, NH 2014 - Millville, NJ, Lightening 2019 (RIP)
New and improved: 1987 Honda Prelude Si (Opus #11) Pittsburgh, PA 2021 - ??
and finally won something, Class C Win: Loudon, NH 2022

Buick/Opep by Isuzu - Gemini - Bellett - Chevrolet Gemini - Saehan Gemini - Daewoo Maepsy-Na - Holden Gemini - Isuzu i-mark - Opel Kadett C - Vauxhall Chevette - Isuzu Piazza - Opel K-180

is in

https://www.facebook.com/greatglobsofoil/
This car....Is said to have a will of it's Own. Twisting its own body in rage...It accelerates on.
1978 Opel/Buick Isuzu(C>B>C>B) , 1996 Nissan Maxima OnlyFans (B) , Sold 1996 Ford Probe GT(B),

The Gang of Outlaws Broken Missing Worn 3.25 is in.  Giesela and I are coming back on track (with a two year old in tow...)

Hamsa

He's a new man now, part of the machine,
His nerves of metal and his blood oil.
The clutch curses, but the gears obey,
His least bidding, and lo, he's away.

MZAVARIN wrote:
Sonic wrote:
sumitag88 wrote:

We actually tried to reserve garages a while back....
Everyone tried to do it on line, and the site would not accept anyone's credit card.  Not only that, but the available garages were incorrect.  And would change intermittently.  The web site sucked.
Website stated that garages that we knew were already taken, were listed as available.  Also, they listed the Lemons Inspection garages as Available.
We tried to email them, but they would never answer.
Many calls were made also.  They almost never answered.
Finally we got through and reserved by phone. 
This is probably your best option.

Otherwise, the VIP garages have not sold out in the past.  The main/central garages usually sell out, and are most likely sold out right now.

Good Luck!

Z

Thanks, ran into the same issue online.  I called today and got a garage in minutes

Is it time for the obligatory New jersey harness date discussion yet?

And how NJ is a better authority than the FIA. Go Jersey!

Greg

1987 Alfa Milano (Bellissima since 2008), Racing since 2008 Stafford Springs,  2nd overall 2011 NJMP, 4th at NHMS 2011, 2nd at Summit 2011, Into the wall hard at Stafford Springs 2011, 2nd at Monticello 2013, 3rd at NHMS 2013, 2nd at NHMS 2016. 2nd at NJMP 2018

25,000 racing miles in 32 races in 10 years. Yes its the same motor. Tell me again how Alfas suck? Update: Big moneyshift = new motor

Boy don't I feel stupid, looks like the do listen to the FIA. Copied and pasted from the NJ site.

MOTOR VEHICLE RACETRACK REGULATIONS
(b) Safety belts for driving schools, time trials, lapping
days, and promotional and tour events must meet the
standards required by the sanctioning body or event
organizer. At a minimum, original vehicle equipment
DOT FMVSS 208, incorporated herein by reference and
available at http://www.nhtsa.dot.gov/cars/rules/import/
FMVSS/index.html,seat belts or DOT FMVSS 209, incorporated
herein by reference and available at http:
//www.nhtsa.dot.gov/cars/rules/import/FMVSS/index.html,
aftermarket seat belts shall be required.
(c) Practice days and road races for any vehicles (except
motorcycles) require a minimum of a five-point safety belt
for each occupant meeting one of the following standards:
1. SFI 16.1 or SFI 16.5, incorporated herein by reference
and available at http://www.sfi foundation.com, seat
belts shall be valid for two years from the month and year
punched or indicated on the SFI tag. There shall be one
original tag attached to one of the two shoulder belts, one
original tag attached to one of the lap belts, and a third
original tag attached to the crotch belt.
2. FIA 8853, incorporated herein by reference and
available at http://www.fia.com/sport/Regulations/
standregs.html, seat belts shall be valid for five years
from the year of manufacture. Belts are stamped or
printed with an expiration year. FIA seat belts expire on
December 31 of the year printed or stamped on the FIA
tag. FIA tags are located on each leg of the shoulder belt
and lap belt, and on one leg of the crotch strap.
(d) Safety belts must be installed according to the manufacturer’s
recommendations and to the guidelines of the
sanctioning organization.
(e) Four-, five-, and six-point seat belts shall not be used
in conjunction with any original equipment vehicle seat that
has integrated headrest without a direct pass thru for proper
installation of a double shoulder belt.
(f) Crotch straps, in any installation, shall not be routed
around the front of a seat.

1987 Alfa Milano (Bellissima since 2008), Racing since 2008 Stafford Springs,  2nd overall 2011 NJMP, 4th at NHMS 2011, 2nd at Summit 2011, Into the wall hard at Stafford Springs 2011, 2nd at Monticello 2013, 3rd at NHMS 2013, 2nd at NHMS 2016. 2nd at NJMP 2018

25,000 racing miles in 32 races in 10 years. Yes its the same motor. Tell me again how Alfas suck? Update: Big moneyshift = new motor

gtopat wrote:

The Bluesmobile is in, now sporting genuine cop suspension and Imperial power!

are you using a 440 out of an imperial?

Greg S wrote:

Boy don't I feel stupid, looks like the do listen to the FIA. Copied and pasted from the NJ site.

Same as it's been for a long time now. Short answer is this.

If your belt ONLY has an SFI tag, it's good for 2 years.
If your belt has an FIA tag you get the full 5.

Abandoned E36 Build
2008 Saab 9-5Aero Wagon
Retired - 1989 Dodge Daytona Shelby 2011-2015 "Lifetime Award for Lack of Achievement" IOE, 3X I got screwed, Organizer's Choice

Good reminder for everyone, we just ordered our new harnesses

23 (edited by meyers0150 2017-03-21 05:59 PM)

If you get to NJMP and realize you still need a harness or because Lemons is not going to honor your FIA 5 year tag since no one understands Jersey laws.  Here is the website for a local place in town about 10 minutes from the track. 

http://jerseygirltiedowns.com/

Team Glue Sticks
00 Firebird, 02 X-Type, 93 NX2000, 00 Mazda 626 (Sold)
2016 NJMP Heroic Fix, 2017 NJMP Near Heroic Fix except we can't drive, 2017 Thompson I Got Screwed, 2019 Pitt Heroic Fix

meyers0150 wrote:

If you get to NJMP and realize you still need a harness or because Lemons is not going to honor your FIA 5 year tag since no one understands Jersey laws.  Here is the website for a local place in town about 10 minutes from the track. 

Lemons is good about being on top of this stuff. I showed up with a set of belts that were on their 4th year with an FIA tags and breezed right through. However knowing where to go if you've forgotten you have SFI only belts is a good idea.

Abandoned E36 Build
2008 Saab 9-5Aero Wagon

TheEngineer wrote:
meyers0150 wrote:

Lemons is good about being on top of this stuff. I showed up with a set of belts that were on their 4th year with an FIA tags and breezed right through. However knowing where to go if you've forgotten you have SFI only belts is a good idea.

The SFI is a NJ rule not so much Lemons. We bought a set last year even know ours wasn't 5 years old. I was told by a Lemons regular that unless the NJ SP check, you'll be fine.