Topic: Roll Cage Components

Hello this is Jim Whitley owner of Roll Cage Components, we would personally like to thank all customers who have purchased from us and were extremely grateful for your business. First we would like to clear the air and informed the Lemons racers on somethings that has happened to us at the beginning of 2017. The company was hit with a large volume of business that we had never witnessed since being in business since July 2004 and that totally caught us off guard. While this was happening the company had to deal with employee's leaving us on short notice and not giving the proper time to train and get people in place. It's not easy to teach people overnight to learn the process's involved to do this type of work. Second my father has been in the hospital dealing with issues that put my family on edge not knowing what the outcome would be in his recovery or if he would ever leave. At this time the family is still dealing with that now and it has taken alot my time on taking care of him and trying to keep Roll Cage Components going. Third we would like tell existing and future customers that we will strive to make our products be the best on the market and to take care of your needs. We have started to stay in contact more with Jay now even though we talked periodically in years past to stay on top of Lemons changes that might have incurred.  Fourth we would like to thank customers for your patience's with us because at times we get so overwhelmed and the communication suffers, it needs to be better and were well aware with that and production needs to be quicker. Lastly in the years doing this i can say with a straight face and clear conscience i have NEVER tried to steal or take someones money and not produce the product to meet there needs never have nor will i ever do it now. I hope this informs the racers and crew members of Lemons you have a wonderful series and hopefully i can attend more events this year and meet everyone.

Thank You for Business and Understanding at this time, it means alot

Jim Whitley

Re: Roll Cage Components

I know I don't frequent the forums much any more, but I have to comment on this. I was talking to Jim this morning on the phone, and he told me of the challenges he's been facing the last couple of months. I've personally caged dozens of Lemons and dirt track cars with his excellent cages, and he is my go-to guy, every time. He is personable, even though he doesn't usually have time to chit chat. He is professional---his customers get what they paid for, and his cages are top notch. He is honest, and if a delay is unavoidable, he will let you know why, and work hard to rectify the matter. He has personally come in early and stayed late to finish bending my cages in the past, while I waited. I have a manual tubing bender, but for what the metal stock cost and the time it takes, his cages are a no-contest bargain over DIY bending. He also does quality installs when he has time.

If you are looking for a cage, he's a great option. If you are waiting for a cage from him, please be patient. His helper was key to getting all the cages bent, notched, and shipped, and he just quit out of the blue. Proper cages are an art form, and finding/training a replacement doesn't happen overnight. Family should always come first, and his extremely ill father has needed him the last few weeks as well. Keep that in mind please, if you are waiting on your order...

-Speedy

Captain: Speedycop & The Gang Of Outlaws -'94 Mark VIII (Least Horrible Yank Tank Stafford '09, NOLA '10) '61 Caddy (Org Choice-NL '09) '63 Tbird (EPIC Repair Failure-Gingerman '10, I Got Screwed-Summit Pt '10, I.O.E. WINNER Stafford '10!) '77 Lancia Scorpion (I.O.E. WINNER Joliet 2010!) '67 Galaxie 500 (Judges Choice-CMP '11)
Future Fleet: 1957 Ford Prefect 1942 Buick 1959 Bugeye Project GLCOAT

The cage kit for our car was awesome and Jim was a great guy to deal with. When I do my next car I know who I will be buying it from!

I have to say that Jim and RCC are excellent to work with. He builds a great product at a reasonable price. I can't imagine buying a cage from anyone else.

John

Nemesis Ridiculii 240SX

Jim,
I am a very happy customer.  The cage we got from you passed Lemons tech the first time without issue.  It now has 11 races on it.  Never an issue.  The trying times will pass. Stay strong.  Communicate with your customers.  They will understand if they know the situation.  I hope the best for you and your family.  If we build another car, it will have a RCC cage.  No doubt about that fact.

Organizer's Choice Award 2011 Heaps in Heart of Texas
IOE 2012 North Dallas Hooptie
2014 ECR Class C WIN;  2015 MSR Class B WIN
Speedy Monzales

I too have to say that I got a great cage kit from Jim at RCC.  With the VERY detailed measurements I sent him, he sent a cage that fit like a glove in my Pinto!   He will be my first call for my next build.

Bill

2020 I.O.E. CT #36 The Rootes Of All Evil,1958 Sunbeam Rapier Convertible (YES 1958!!) & 2019 Judges Choice NJMP
2016 Thompson Speedway #36 Sabrina Duncan's Revenge, IOE Trophy, 5th Place 'C' Class 1977 Ford Pinto
2009 Stafford Motor Speedway #16 Team Teflon, 11th Place (overall) 1997 Saturn SL2

I've used three from RCC.  Everyone fit perfect.  The X-Type we race he didn't have specs for and I'm not competent enough to measure it so he found one in a scrapyard and took the measurements himself.  I will not hesitate to use his cage for our next build as well.

Thanks for your help Jim!

Team Glue Sticks
00 Firebird, 02 X-Type, 93 NX2000, 00 Mazda 626 (Sold)
2016 NJMP Heroic Fix, 2017 NJMP Near Heroic Fix except we can't drive, 2017 Thompson I Got Screwed, 2019 Pitt Heroic Fix

1+. It might take some extra time in late winter/early spring (sur-prise), but those cage kits are always a great fit, and honestly I have a hard time buying raw steel tubing that cheap. If you want to weld your own cage but don't have the equipment/experience to do the bends yourself, one of Jim's kits plus a welder and an angle grinder is all you need (although a cheapo HF tubing notcher can speed things up, too).

K Car Stalker

Jim is a quality individual  When he bent our cage he went to the boneyard twice, to make sure the measurements were dead-balls on.

I'll be buying all my future cages from him, as well.

Hang in there Jim, it will get better.

Silent But Deadly Racing-  Ricky Bobby's Laughing Clown Malt Liquor Thunderbird , Datsun 510, 87 Mustang (The Race Team Formerly Known as Prince), 72 Pinto Squire waggy, Parnelli Jones 67 Galaxie, Turbo Coupe Surf wagon.(The Surfin Bird), Squatting Dogs In Tracksuits,  Space Pants!  Roy Fuckin Kent and The tribute to a tribute to a tribute THUNDERBIRD/ SUNDAHBADOH!

For a while I think I was the only one I ever heard that had an issue with an order. I ordered an E36 kit a bit over a year ago, and it came missing a bar. It wasn't a critical bar, but it was marked on the packing slip and then not there. Never got a response back about it. Oh well, stuff happens.

I'm finally installing that kit now, and i have to say the fit is dead on. I"m super happy with how it's coming out. And I have a few long enough pieces of tube left over that I cut out of the Daytona that I can use to replace the missing one. Next time I need to do a cage I'm pretty sure I'll order from RCC again.

20+ Time Loser FutilityMotorsport
Abandoned E36 Build
2008 Saab 9-5Aero Wagon
Retired - 1989 Dodge Daytona Shelby 2011-2015 "Lifetime Award for Lack of Achievement" IOE, 3X I got screwed, Organizer's Choice

Another happy customer. Jim was great to deal with and the cage kit for our 280Z fit perfect and passed tech without any issues. If we build another car we'll definitely be ordering another kit from Roll Cage Components.

Nuthin' but a Z Thang -  1976 Datsun 280Z

We did a nice install in an E30. Great fit and fairly easy install. I will buy future cages from Roll Cage Components.

I did not know they had a Z cage either. This could overly encourage my bad behavior.

Troy

#35 LRE
1973 Datsun 240Z

Troy wrote:

We did a nice install in an E30. Great fit and fairly easy install. I will buy future cages from Roll Cage Components.

I did not know they had a Z cage either. This could overly encourage my bad behavior.

Your bad behavior hardly requires any encouragement, Troy. Get that Maxima ready!

Pat Mulry, TARP Racing #67

Mandatory disclaimer: all opinions expressed are mine alone & not those of 24HOL, its mgmt, sponsors, etc.