Topic: Supercharged Studebaker?

So I found this dirt cheap, rusted and damaged 1956 Studebaker President on Craigslist in town, and am thinking that it might not be a terrible car for entering in Lemons. Read somewhere that nobody has built a supercharged Studebaker yet, so does anyone think this would be worth trying?

Racing cars is for rookies. Racing crapcans takes balls.

Re: Supercharged Studebaker?

I for one think it's worth trying. Because if you do happen to pull off 2 consecutive days of racing w/said vehicle, an IOE win is almost guaranteed. Use an R-2 289 Paxton supercharged V-8 from an Avanti or a Hawk.
Ponder this.....3 N.A. Studebakers have entered Lemons races and all 3 have been awarded the highest honor. I.O.E.
You could surely make that a perfect 4 for 4. No other automobile manufacturer will ever come close to that.
Become a member of the Studebaker I.O.E society. Build that car.

M45 Racing,
#45 '08 Subaru WRX,
#4  '63 Studebaker Avanti, IOE, The Ridge 2016
#19 '90 Thunderbird Super Coupe(retired) Organizers Choice Award, Sears 2015

chdonley2 wrote:

You could surely make that a perfect 4 for 4. No other automobile manufacturer will ever come close to that.

I hesitate to say this, in that I want to see more Studebakers in Lemons, but Humber is also in the running at two for two. I want to see more Humbers in Lemons as well.

To answer the original question: Yes, a supercharged '56 Studebaker President is well worth trying. Bonus points if you get it to run on actual chicken feed.

http://www.conceptcarz.com/images/studebaker/56prez.jpg

1982 MG Metro 1300: IOE 2015 Pacific Northworst GP, Longest Distance 2010 Cd'L Box Wine Country Classic
1980 KV Mini 1: Worst of Show and Fright Pig Supremo 2009 Concours d'Lemons
1978 H Special: Second-Round Elimination 2010 Lemons Pinewood Derby at Sears Pointless
1967 SAAB 96: IOE 2012 Pacific Northworst GP, Organizer's Choice 2022 Hell on Wheels California Rally

This is the Studebaker for reference:

https://tallahassee.craigslist.org/cto/6025226647.html

Racing cars is for rookies. Racing crapcans takes balls.

That's outstanding. Supercharging that for Lemons would be wonderful. Just bringing it to Lemons without a supercharger would also be wonderful. Please, whatever you do, don't paint it.

1982 MG Metro 1300: IOE 2015 Pacific Northworst GP, Longest Distance 2010 Cd'L Box Wine Country Classic
1980 KV Mini 1: Worst of Show and Fright Pig Supremo 2009 Concours d'Lemons
1978 H Special: Second-Round Elimination 2010 Lemons Pinewood Derby at Sears Pointless
1967 SAAB 96: IOE 2012 Pacific Northworst GP, Organizer's Choice 2022 Hell on Wheels California Rally