Re: Gingerman, who's in?

Alferrari Fistillini wrote:
Trevor57 wrote:
mgavro wrote:

This rookie team from the west Chicago burbs will be there.

Where are you guys from?

I was talking with these guys earlier.  They're mostly out of Glen Ellyn (your neighbor).  We were planning a get together, then we found out they were running an E36, so we shunned them as one might expect. J/K....  In spite of their poor choice of car, they seem like a good group of guys.

Darren

Thanks?

Electric Mayhem Racing

derekste wrote:

m00nb00stin will be there, with a fresh turbo awd class C car that I believe will be another "1st in Lemons" ... b00sted to the m00n of course!

If it's the same car you had as a back up at Autobahn last summer, I'm sure it will Dominate!

Fourteen time loser. You'd think I'd know better by now.

Big Willy is in

Team Orca- 3700 lbs of fury!

Maverick74 wrote:
derekste wrote:

m00nb00stin will be there, with a fresh turbo awd class C car that I believe will be another "1st in Lemons" ... b00sted to the m00n of course!

If it's the same car you had as a back up at Autobahn last summer, I'm sure it will Dominate!

yes!

"THE WONDERMENT CONSORTIUM"
Everything dies baby that's a fact,
But maybe everything that dies someday comes back?

mgavro wrote:
Trevor57 wrote:

Where are you guys from?

I was talking with these guys earlier.  They're mostly out of Glen Ellyn (your neighbor).  We were planning a get together, then we found out they were running an E36, so we shunned them as one might expect. J/K....  In spite of their poor choice of car, they seem like a good group of guys.

Darren

Thanks?

Haha... its all good.  My sarcasm doesn't translate well on the interwebz sometimes.  An E36 is a fine car for racing, just doesn't seem to be favored by the Lemons crowd. 

I'll shoot you an e-mail when we have a workday scheduled at my brother's shop in Glen Ellyn.

Darren

Bad Mojo Racing
1971 Opel GT "Breadvan"
2012 - April Gingerman (Ercole Spada Award) and October AutoBahn (19th in Class B, 52nd OA )
2013 - April Gingerman (8th in Class B, 25th OA) and June AutoBahn (WINNER Class B, 9th OA)

Rough Knuckles Racing Miata will be there, looking forward to seeing everyone!

Maverick74 wrote:

So who here is ready to brave the cold of Michigan in April?
My newly formed team will be there.

Whatcha bringin?

Rough Knuckles wrote:
Maverick74 wrote:

Whatcha bringin?

Only the finest Korean machinery.
https://scontent-ord1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/17264933_10102116252131200_8814615008162926526_n.jpg?oh=eadca9e902677b03b53dfaff7a499c61&oe=59605783

mgavro wrote:

Darren

Thanks?

Haha... its all good.  My sarcasm doesn't translate well on the interwebz sometimes.  An E36 is a fine car for racing, just doesn't seem to be favored by the Lemons crowd. 

I'll shoot you an e-mail when we have a workday scheduled at my brother's shop in Glen Ellyn,

Darren

Glen Ellyn? Another team close to my house! I'm a little east of there,  in Villa Park.

Newest member - White Trash Racing
Owner of the Traveling Hat

Maverick74 wrote:
Rough Knuckles wrote:
Maverick74 wrote:

Whatcha bringin?

Only the finest Korean machinery.

I sure as hell hope you put that on with a roller...

Rookie team, car not quite ready as of now, but we will be there. Rookie everything, actually.

Team BAD Company Endurance
Acura RSX #0
4 times losers, and counting...
"I got screwed" winners? 2018 Cure for Gingervitis, 5th on laps overall 2018 Elite meet to Cheat

Rustyjeep wrote:

Rookie team, car not quite ready as of now, but we will be there. Rookie everything, actually.

they're never really "ready" in my experience (-:

"THE WONDERMENT CONSORTIUM"
Everything dies baby that's a fact,
But maybe everything that dies someday comes back?

Rustyjeep wrote:

Sweet!  Come by the Dustbuster paddock near the tower for some homebrew, a VHS movie on the console TV and lots of telling lies.

Was thinking about what our paddock setup will be. Not sure yet, but we will definitely have to swing by. Or, just look for the Acura RSX that looks like it's been rolled...oh wait, it was.

Acura RSX #0
"I got screwed" winners? 2018 Cure for Gingervitis, 5th on laps overall 2018 Elite meet to Cheat

40 (edited by OnkelUdo 2017-03-27 04:10 PM)

OK, posting it elsewhere but lets help TWO Lemons teams out at once...mine and the guy running the awesome '52 New Yorker in the NE.

Team Bad Decisions out of the Chicagoland area may need to activate the Lemons cross-country obscure bulky parts delivery network. You see, there is this 1952 New Yorker that might be able to use the Ford Explorer front brake conversion from our 1948 Plymouth (we are moving to a different front end for the collapsible steering wheel). The owner of the New Yorker is making measurements is 95% sure this will work

The one man team is in Maine but might be at NJMP in May and Bad Decisions will be at Gingerman in April. Any team going to both that could transport what is likely about <#100 of steering/suspension and brake stuff?

I can pay you in beer on the Midwest end...maybe they can pay in lobster on the other end?

Ultimate goal for the parts in ME but if you get it to NJMP I think we can find a way to get it North.

SlowNerd will be there with the red Camry.  (its for sale by the way...)  We also will have a driver wristband to sell.

Scheißmeister Racing will be back for our second race with the 944.  Stop by our tent for some Jäger Thursday, Friday, or Saturday night.   For a team that has been to Autobahn but not Gingerman, does anyone have any suggestions?  It looks like we should be prepared to pit in the grass.  Any other considerations?

GSGuy wrote:

Scheißmeister Racing will be back for our second race with the 944.  Stop by our tent for some Jäger Thursday, Friday, or Saturday night.   For a team that has been to Autobahn but not Gingerman, does anyone have any suggestions?  It looks like we should be prepared to pit in the grass.  Any other considerations?

You don't have to pit in the grass. Unlike Autobahn, there is room for both pits and traffic lanes. Your paddock area will need to be in the grass, though. If you want power, those sites are reserved and may already be used up. Call the track to setup.

Amenities are a little more sparse at Gingerman. Bathrooms get a bad rap, but have improved recently.

If you do the test and tune, it is not as good as Autobahn. They usually do three 20 minute sessions. Only 2 of the three sessions are for Lemons cars. This doesn't really give enough time to get your car and drivers warmed up before the session ends.

The track is lots of fun. I like it better than Autobahn.

To further add to what rich said, you're going to want to bring warm clothes. The wind coming off of Lake Michigan can be a bit chilly. It's even snowed during a couple of races. Bring a pair of flip flops to use as shower shoes, they can get a little slimy toward the end of the weekend. And if you want electricity and don't mind being out in the boonies, there were a few campsites up by turn two available (at least when I called the track this afternoon).

Ok, so we need to square away our site beforehand? I guess I gotta get on the phone. Figured it was just first come first serve as people showed up.

Acura RSX #0

Rustyjeep wrote:

Ok, so we need to square away our site beforehand? I guess I gotta get on the phone. Figured it was just first come first serve as people showed up.

Electrified, pay paddock or camp sites are not.

In recent races the staff there has attempted to reserve some non electric spots as well and released them with booze. Just an fyi on that one to plan a little bit ahead.

Wisconsin Crap Racers #113 E36
I.O.E. Winners 2023 Gingerman
2016 and 2017 Cure for Gingivitis Champs!
30+ time Losers!

Thanks for the heads up guys.  That info will go a long way.  So if I understand you right, there is only about 40 minutes of track time for the whole team if we sign up for T&T on Friday?

49 (edited by the shaolin 2017-03-29 12:41 PM)

No, 40 minutes out of every hour, between 9AM and 5PM, excluding the hour for lunch and whenever you go to get your car teched.  You're only allowed out for 20 mins at a time.

-Nathan - Team Captain, Priority Fail Racing
1997 Golf GTI VR6 Mid Engine

Ok, that makes way more sense, but it's a bummer that they're such short stints.  Hardly enough time to bring everything up to temperature.