Topic: Not parts for sale to you, but....

Team Bad Decisions out of the Chicagoland area may need to activate the Lemons cross-country obscure bulky parts delivery network. You see, there is this 1952 New Yorker that might be able to use the Ford Explorer front brake conversion from our 1948 Plymouth (we are moving to a different front end for the collapsible steering wheel). The owner of the New Yorker is making measurements is 95% sure this will work

The one man team is in Maine but might be at NJMP in May and Bad Decisions will be at Gingerman in April. Any team going to both that could transport what is likely about <#100 of steering/suspension and brake stuff?

I can pay you in beer on the Midwest end...maybe they can pay in lobster on the other end?

Ultimate goal for the parts in MA but if you get it to NJMP I think we can find a way to get it North.

Re: Not parts for sale to you, but....

OnkelUdo-
I am in Plymouth Massachusetts and I will be at the NJ race. 
I just bought myself a used Honda Element that my wife will likely drive to the race, so we should have room. 

I will be towing with our Pilot, and that is usually packed to the gills.

The Maine border is only 1.5-2 hours away...I might be able to pick up stuff/drop off in Maine for you, if it is not too far North....or I could arrange a meeting place half way.

Mikey Z

MarioKart Driving School: 1987 Honda Prelude Opus #28  (still can't win anything...)

MZAVARIN wrote:

OnkelUdo-
I just bought myself a used Honda Element that my wife will likely drive to the race, so we should have room. 

The Maine border is only 1.5-2 hours away...I might be able to pick up stuff/drop off in Maine for you, if it is not too far North....or I could arrange a meeting place half way.

Mikey Z

Sounds like we have northbound from NJMP and Dale is just northing of the border so I am sure he is willing to come to you.

Now we need a Gingerman to NJMP connection.

OnkelUdo wrote:
MZAVARIN wrote:

OnkelUdo-

Mikey Z

Sounds like we have northbound from NJMP and Dale is just northing of the border so I am sure he is willing to come to you.

Now we need a Gingerman to NJMP connection.

MZAVARIN,

That would be amazing. You would be saving me from having to make a trip to NJMP.  Plymouth is about 4.5 hours from me (Norridgewock, ME).  No need for you to travel to Maine, I can come to Plymouth to retrieve the parts no problem. I can repay you in Lobster, Beer, Coin or whatever you prefer.

Thank you.

Dale.

5 (edited by MZAVARIN 2017-03-28 04:33 PM)

Dale-no problem.
Anything to keep the New Yorker going!

I think we were neighbors at the Loudon race....I had the beat up Honda Prelude looking car....

Once I get the goods, we can coordinate our plans....I might be able to meet you half way also....depending on schedules.

Otherwise, since you're offering....the wifey does love lobster...throw one into the deal, and we'll call it even....

Cheers!
MikeZ

MarioKart Driving School: 1987 Honda Prelude Opus #28  (still can't win anything...)

MZAVARIN wrote:

Dale-no problem.
Anything to keep the New Yorker going!

I think we were neighbors at the Loudon race....I had the beat up Honda Prelude looking car....

Once I get the goods, we can coordinate our plans....I might be able to meet you half way also....depending on schedules.

Otherwise, since you're offering....the wifey does love lobster...throw one into the deal, and we'll call it even....

Cheers!
MikeZ

Mike,

I remember now,

I wasn't the team captain at the time, but I am the sole owner of the car now and will be the captain going forward. I think our team owes you a few hundred zip ties and bolts of various sizes. We were extremely lucky to have neighbors so generous as you.

Come to think of it, following the race I had gotten your email address from Yuri so that I could make contact to thank you for the help and ask if there were some way that I could make it up to you. Not to make excuses, but I was suffering from pancreatitis and I failed to follow up. So, let me take this opportunity to say thank you from the bottom of my heart for all of your help and charity at the Hooptifest.

I can definitely bring Lobster. I'd also like to replace your gigantic jar of zip ties that we used. Let me know if there is anything else I can do.

Again, thank you so much.

Dale.

Gonna bump this up.  Do not let my faith in our dysfunctional community's ability to move valueless parts over long distance for no pay be destroyed.  It is a friggin 1952 Chrysler New Yorker in need of help!

No problem
Zip ties, nuts and bolts always on the house...I always bring extra....

Good to hear you got over the pancreatitis....people can get fairly sick from a bout....

Hopefully we can coordinate the transfer of goods!  Looks like the Gingerman track is about 1000 miles away. 
I wonder if we can set up a relay race/hand off between several teams in between:
Michigan>Ohio>Pennsylvania>New York>Massachusetts>Maine

Probably difficult, but if they did it with a Kcar....?!

Hope you can make it to Thompson and NH....we'll need to try to get garage close by.

mz

Bumping this thread for great justice. We are in need of a team willing to bring the parts from Gingerman in April to NJMP in May.

Mr. OnkelUdo and Dale:

I may have a potential possibility, for maybe, in some way, hypothetically conceivable hopefully feasible, viable alternative to a fortuitously achievable imaginable solution to our problem...

So:
a friend of mine who lives around here in Plymouth, Mass., has a brother who lives in Michigan and will be driving here to visit in the end of May/beginning of June.  He live in Missouri, and will be driving to Traverse City...then Grand Rapids, then toward Detroit, and on to Ohio, etc.  (I am not familiar with them's places....)

I am not sure what he is driving.

How much room will the goods take up? would he need a pickup truck, suv, or would the parts fit in the trunk of a sedan, in a box?

Where in Michigan, and when, would the parts be there, where?

Would the parts go from South Haven Michigan Gingerman racetrack in April, and stay at someones house till the end of May?

Wadayathinks?

Z

MZAVARIN wrote:

Mr. OnkelUdo and Dale:

I may have a potential possibility, for maybe, in some way, hypothetically conceivable hopefully feasible, viable alternative to a fortuitously achievable imaginable solution to our problem...

So:
a friend of mine who lives around here in Plymouth, Mass., has a brother who lives in Michigan and will be driving here to visit in the end of May/beginning of June.  He live in Missouri, and will be driving to Traverse City...then Grand Rapids, then toward Detroit, and on to Ohio, etc.  (I am not familiar with them's places....)

I am not sure what he is driving.

How much room will the goods take up? would he need a pickup truck, suv, or would the parts fit in the trunk of a sedan, in a box?

Where in Michigan, and when, would the parts be there, where?

Would the parts go from South Haven Michigan Gingerman racetrack in April, and stay at someones house till the end of May?

Wadayathinks?

Z

If we are unable to do the Lemons relay via teams @ tracks, I would be eternally grateful for your friends brothers efforts if it did not create an unreasonable burden on He or OnkelUdo to meet and transfer the parts.

Thread here that has some pictures of the parts. Not sure how compact they can become. http://p15-d24.com/topic/43321-is-a-fro … -possible/

We still have plenty of time to figure this out either way.

Dale.

I live in NJ, will be at NJMP in May and will be in Kalamazoo for Easter but gone before the Gingerman race.  Here are my issues, I'll have a truck, but if its the entire axle I won't be able to help.  Just the ends I could probably do.  If you want to bring them up earlier in the week I could probably help out.   My wife will likely give me crap, but whatever I'm looking for help getting parts from Athens, OH or the AER race at Watkins Glenn so hopefully I'll get some good Karma from this.

I believe I will be in Gobles, MI from April 14-17.

Team Glue Sticks
00 Firebird, 02 X-Type, 93 NX2000, 00 Mazda 626 (Sold)
2016 NJMP Heroic Fix, 2017 NJMP Near Heroic Fix except we can't drive

13 (edited by dale.furno 2017-04-02 06:59 PM)

meyers0150 wrote:

I live in NJ, will be at NJMP in May and will be in Kalamazoo for Easter but gone before the Gingerman race.  Here are my issues, I'll have a truck, but if its the entire axle I won't be able to help.  Just the ends I could probably do.  If you want to bring them up earlier in the week I could probably help out.   My wife will likely give me crap, but whatever I'm looking for help getting parts from Athens, OH or the AER race at Watkins Glenn so hopefully I'll get some good Karma from this.

I believe I will be in Gobles, MI from April 14-17.

It's Independent Front Suspension. http://www.allpar.com/history/plymouth/1946-1959/photos/1956/suspension.jpg
http://p15-d24.com/uploads/monthly_2017_03/unnamed.jpg.1d82a22fe05a3b9cdcdde23d965e5e6d.jpg

Just got the approval from the wife, so I think it will be okay.  As long as they'll fit under my bed cover I think it will work.  I'll send you an email with my contact info.  Also, I need to know who you want me to give the parts to at NJMP.

Team Glue Sticks

I hope this will work out between OnkelUdo and meyers0150.....?  Not sure about the arrival and departure timing....hopefully it will work out to pass off the parts....

Especially since my friend's brother will be making the trip from Michigan to Massachusetts in a VW golf, and sounds like the parts may not fit in the trunk of a Golf...

meyers0150: I will have a garage in the main building at the NJ race....should be right next to/near the tech garage.....I am bringing a Honda Prelude looking car, black and yellow, #28

We actually have 6 garages reserved there...a loose, informal collaboration, alliance, collusion (and hopefully not collision).... between several teams....and we plan on having a PARTY.....so make sure you bring your team!  Friday night, Saturday night, etc. any time...we should have a bar b que going, vodka tasting, maybe a campfire pit, tons of food and booze, etc. ....and a really nice selection of crappy cars to admire...!

Mike Z

MZAVARIN wrote:

I hope this will work out between OnkelUdo and meyers0150.....?  Not sure about the arrival and departure timing....hopefully it will work out to pass off the parts....

Especially since my friend's brother will be making the trip from Michigan to Massachusetts in a VW golf, and sounds like the parts may not fit in the trunk of a Golf...

meyers0150: I will have a garage in the main building at the NJ race....should be right next to/near the tech garage.....I am bringing a Honda Prelude looking car, black and yellow, #28

We actually have 6 garages reserved there...a loose, informal collaboration, alliance, collusion (and hopefully not collision).... between several teams....and we plan on having a PARTY.....so make sure you bring your team!  Friday night, Saturday night, etc. any time...we should have a bar b que going, vodka tasting, maybe a campfire pit, tons of food and booze, etc. ....and a really nice selection of crappy cars to admire...!

Mike Z

Now I remember talking to you guys last year.  I know your car.  Cool, we'll have three cars and probably 30 people in our group in front of the Hangar.  We drop off our trailers Thursday night and then we'll be there Friday morning for the weekend.  We'll be in there for the party for sure.

Team Glue Sticks

meyers0150 wrote:
MZAVARIN wrote:

Mike Z

Now I remember talking to you guys last year.  I know your car.  Cool, we'll have three cars and probably 30 people in our group in front of the Hangar.  We drop off our trailers Thursday night and then we'll be there Friday morning for the weekend.  We'll be in there for the party for sure.

Oh, yes....the Glue Sticks Gang!
You guys always have a nice crowd in your paddock/space.
Some young one too?  As I recall?  My 9 year old daughter will be there, but my sons won't make it...
Anyway, come one/come all!

MZAVARIN wrote:
meyers0150 wrote:
MZAVARIN wrote:

Mike Z

Oh, yes....the Glue Sticks Gang!
You guys always have a nice crowd in your paddock/space.
Some young one too?  As I recall?  My 9 year old daughter will be there, but my sons won't make it...
Anyway, come one/come all!

Yes I have 2 daughters 13, 16 (our crew chief) and a few other guys on the team have kids ranging from 10-13.  They are always looking to hang out with neighbors. 

I wish I knew about this hand off in December.  I drove back on New Years through Indiana, picked up a 24' trailer and a car and drove home.  Probably went right by the Northern Indiana guys.

Team Glue Sticks

so you contacted UnkelUdo and arranged for a hand off of the parts before the Gingerman race?

Sorry I have been AWOL on the forum but can't access it at work and just got internet at the new house.

I think we have most of the details worked out and thanks for all who contributed.

MZAVARIN wrote:

so you contacted UnkelUdo and arranged for a hand off of the parts before the Gingerman race?

Hey Mike Z, If you get this, please email me dale.furno@gmail.com  or text/call my cell 5084985435 so I may schedule pickup of the parts.

Thank you to all involved,

dale.

The "Goods"  handed off from Ohio to Michigan and now transported to Jersey have been taken possession by me, and now just arrived in Massachusetts, now in my truck covered with tarp, arranging for pick up and hand off for next phase of journey to Maine....

Goods should arrive in Maine shortly for processing, then hopefully be transported to Connecticut under the hood of a Chrysler New Yorker...

So far successful exchange of goods and services....

(Hey NSA, if you're listening...it's just car parts...really...!!!)

See, the Lemons Community could move about anything cross country given enough time and coordination.