Topic: Solved - Speeding in the Paddock

Set the idle to 1,500 rpm and just idle through the pits in 1st.

Re: Solved - Speeding in the Paddock

Or... team administered corporal punishment.

http://wallabirzine.blog.free.fr/public/HELLFEST_2013/SHOCK_ME/18.gif

25X Loser - Delinquent Racing - '86 Rust-Tite Merkur - 9 years (when do I get to stop?).

We tend to blow our car up really early in the weekend.  Paddock speed problem, solved.

Unless you have a real engine, that actually produces torque at 1500. I idle at 30mph brah......

Interceptor Motorsports
351w Foxy T-Bird - Class B Winner!, 440 Bluesmobile - Judges Choice, Org Choice & IOE!, Camero, Fuego Turbo - Heroic Fix & IOE!

I say about the Paddock what I say to my students on the taxiway. Any faster than a brisk walk is too fast. The race happens on the track. Next time, show up earlier on Thursday.

Mistake By The Lake Racing (MBTL)
88 Thunderbird "THUNDERBIRDS ARE GO!", Ex Astris, Rubigo / Semper Fracti
A&D: 2014 Sebrings at Sebring (NSF), 2014 NJMP2 Jurassic Park (SpeedyCop), 2012 Summit Point J30 (PiNuts)
2018 Route Sucky-Suck Rally Miata, 2019 World Tour Of Texas 64 Newport

gtopat wrote:

Unless you have a real engine, that actually produces torque at 1500. I idle at 30mph brah......

We've got nothing until 3000 rpm.

m610 wrote:
gtopat wrote:

We've got nothing until 3000 rpm.

We've got nothing after 3000 RPM

Tunachuckers: 15 Years of Effluency
'08 - '10: 1966 Volvo 122, "Charlie"
'10 - '18: 1975 Ford LTD Landau --> 2018 - current: Converted into 1950 "Plymford"
'22 - current: 1967 Volvo 122, "Charlie ]["

We've just got nothing.

Everybody grab your brooms, it's shenanigans!

When someone on our team does something boneheaded like speed in the pits, their punishment is to wear something completely humiliating.

We got this as part of our S&M theme and it stuck from there.  Dumb ass black flag, gets 15 minutes in public wearing "The Accommodator".  Some wear it as designed, others prefer to put it on their forehead for the "penicorn" look. 

https://www.amazon.com/CalExoticsthe-Ac … B002JINP1C

Chris from 3 Pedal Mafia

Sonic wrote:

When someone on our team does something boneheaded like speed in the pits, their punishment is to wear something completely humiliating.

We got this as part of our S&M theme and it stuck from there.  Dumb ass black flag, gets 15 minutes in public wearing "The Accommodator".  Some wear it as designed, others prefer to put it on their forehead for the "penicorn" look. 

https://www.amazon.com/CalExoticsthe-Ac … B002JINP1C

Chris,

Given the TPM theme history, your amazon "recommended for you" service must be an amazing parade of weird!!!

See you in Jersey!

Hamsa

He's a new man now, part of the machine,
His nerves of metal and his blood oil.
The clutch curses, but the gears obey,
His least bidding, and lo, he's away.

rmcdaniels wrote:

We've just got nothing.

You've got excellent beer, and that's not nothing!

Tunachuckers: 15 Years of Effluency
'08 - '10: 1966 Volvo 122, "Charlie"
'10 - '18: 1975 Ford LTD Landau --> 2018 - current: Converted into 1950 "Plymford"
'22 - current: 1967 Volvo 122, "Charlie ]["

m610 wrote:

Set the idle to 1,500 rpm and just idle through the pits in 1st.

Meh, ours idles at exactly 9 mph in D. Of course, since the throttle was replaced by a "finely hand crafted" item bashed together on my bench, it doesn't play nice at speeds between idle and 30 mph.

Which is a real issue when you are in 20 minutes of full course yellow in a train led by a reality TV star who doesn't get that yellow doesn't mean slow the entire field down to 18 mph for a VERY leisurely tour of the track. :0

Tradewinds Tribesmen Racing (The road goes on forever…)
#289 1984 Corvette Z51 #124 1984 944 #110 2002 Passat
Gone but not forgotten, #427-Hong Kong Cavaliers Benz S500
IOE (Humber!) Hell on Wheels (Jaguar)

Yeah... that link is going to stay blue, thank you very much.

The Pentastar whisperer