Topic: CMP Facilities

How are the facilities at CMP? Showers, restrooms, exotic animal petting zoo, etc..? This is our first try at this and I want to be as prepared as possible.

Re: CMP Facilities

Bathrooms and showers are there. Condition is OK. Not fancy. You will have plenty of company  there depending on your timing. There are several hose bibs around to get water.

Camp sites with power are available. They sell out quick. Plan for a generator if you aren't going to be at the gate when it opens on Thursday.

The pond full of venomous snakes at the end of the run-off for Turn 1 should be open for business. Don't go there.

The grill has the usual hot/cold sandwiches. The food in the paddock from your track mates will be much better.  its a good opportunity to make some new friends. smile

no, the bathroom and showers at CMP are not OK. If you plan on doing anything during "normal" hours expect long lines and shit conditions. no water pressure, no soap at sinks, etc

Wow. Sounds like things have gotten much worse in the year I've been away. sad

Could be the same but depends on where else you race.  Can someone give a ranking of the bathrooms compared to the Gingerman stink factor

Racing 4 Nickels - 1989 Oldsmobile Cutlass Ciera
2011 SHOWROOM-SCHLOCK SHOOTOUT  IOE Winner
2012 The Chubba Cheddar Enduro Class C winner
Facebook Page

BoB wrote:

Could be the same but depends on where else you race.  Can someone give a ranking of the bathrooms compared to the Gingerman stink factor

Can someone also cross-correlate Gingerman bathrooms to Buttonwillow bathrooms?

25X Loser - Delinquent Racing - '86 Rust-Tite Merkur - 9 years (when do I get to stop?).

The restroom facilities in CMP are something of a cross between a state college dorm (and I'm talking a state college in, say, Arkansas, not California) and a Siberian prison camp. 

That is to say, the facilities exist, and they work, but their condition is such as to actively discourage their use. 

That said, we've been doing CMP since 2008, and I haven't noticed a marked decline in their condition.  But, being all older, and slightly more financially stable now, we decided to rent an RV for this next race.  You can pick up a decent Class C unit for around $150 a day; split with 3 or 4 other guys, that's pretty dang cheap to have your own, private, on-site restroom facilities and sleeping accommodations with actual walls.  Not to mention a generator and a place to cook and hide out if it rains (which it does).

Tunachuckers: 15 Years of Effluency
'08 - '10: 1966 Volvo 122, "Charlie"
'10 - '18: 1975 Ford LTD Landau --> 2018 - current: Converted into 1950 "Plymford"
'22 - current: 1967 Volvo 122, "Charlie ]["

Wait what? $150 a day? what's the Mileage?

Mistake By The Lake Racing (MBTL)
88 Thunderbird "THUNDERBIRDS ARE GO!", Ex Astris, Rubigo / Semper Fracti
A&D: 2014 Sebrings at Sebring (NSF), 2014 NJMP2 Jurassic Park (SpeedyCop), 2012 Summit Point J30 (PiNuts)
2018 Route Sucky-Suck Rally Miata, 2019 World Tour Of Texas 64 Newport

I'd rank the CMP bathrooms slightly worse than those at Gingerman, but my only time at Gingerman was in the winter with a mild sinus/throat infection, so I might not have been able to smell anything. Gingerman was better about having hand soap, at least.

Guildenstern wrote:

Wait what? $150 a day? what's the Mileage?

About 8 miles to the gallon.  ;-)

The place we're renting from gives 100 miles per day, and after that there's a charge per mile.  We decided to upgrade to the "better" units, which were $250 a day.  We're renting from Sandford RV- about 100 miles away from CMP on our way down from the north.

Tunachuckers: 15 Years of Effluency
'08 - '10: 1966 Volvo 122, "Charlie"
'10 - '18: 1975 Ford LTD Landau --> 2018 - current: Converted into 1950 "Plymford"
'22 - current: 1967 Volvo 122, "Charlie ]["