Re: Gingerman, who's in?

I've lost count of the number of Gingerman events I've done but I have never ventured to the turn two party zone.
It's now on my to do list for this race!

Apocalyptic Racing - Occupy Pit Lane racing
Racing the "Toylet" Toyota Celica powered by Chevrolet Ecotec.
24x Loser with the Celica. 16x loser in other fine machines
Overall winner Gingerman 2019

Brett85p wrote:

I've lost count of the number of Gingerman events I've done but I have never ventured to the turn two party zone.

We are right on turn 2 behind the crapper and gas. We will have spare beer and most likely a fire. "Party" depends on who the neighbors end up being. Feel free to stop by!

Rustyjeep wrote:

I'm guessing that turn 2 is in the boonies compared to everyone else?

Yea it's up the hill. Not really "Paddock" space. But the Porta-poty's up there don't get near as full so better for camping.

Mistake By The Lake Racing (MBTL)
88 Thunderbird "THUNDERBIRDS ARE GO!", Ex Astris, Rubigo / Semper Fracti
A&D: 2014 Sebrings at Sebring (NSF), 2014 NJMP2 Jurassic Park (SpeedyCop), 2012 Summit Point J30 (PiNuts)
2018 Route Sucky-Suck Rally Miata, 2019 World Tour Of Texas 64 Newport

Wloch248 wrote:
Brett85p wrote:

We are right on turn 2 behind the crapper and gas. We will have spare beer and most likely a fire. "Party" depends on who the neighbors end up being. Feel free to stop by!

That ain't turn 2. that's barely up the hill. Fancy near the paddock folk!

Mistake By The Lake Racing (MBTL)
88 Thunderbird "THUNDERBIRDS ARE GO!", Ex Astris, Rubigo / Semper Fracti
A&D: 2014 Sebrings at Sebring (NSF), 2014 NJMP2 Jurassic Park (SpeedyCop), 2012 Summit Point J30 (PiNuts)
2018 Route Sucky-Suck Rally Miata, 2019 World Tour Of Texas 64 Newport

Guildenstern wrote:
Wloch248 wrote:
Brett85p wrote:

Lol!

Wloch248 wrote:
Guildenstern wrote:
Wloch248 wrote:

Lol!

Keep walking into the dark until you hear the Banjos?

Hey, anyone returning to the Chicago or NW suburbs Sunday night with a spare seat.  Got a newbie riding up with me, racing with another team, and I realized I will not be back in time to put him on the South Shore unless he sits around for almost 2.5 hours at the creepy East Chicago station.

83 (edited by Spank 2017-04-18 07:01 PM)

OnkelUdo wrote:

Hey, anyone returning to the Chicago or NW suburbs Sunday night with a spare seat.  Got a newbie riding up with me, racing with another team, and I realized I will not be back in time to put him on the South Shore unless he sits around for almost 2.5 hours at the creepy East Chicago station.

I've got to be at Midway for an 8pm flight so need to be at the rental car place by 6:15pm at the latest. I'm going solo so there's room in the rental but I think I'll need to leave the track by like 4:30-4:45, no? (and I can't afford a speeding ticket).

84 (edited by OnkelUdo 2017-04-18 07:35 PM)

Spank wrote:
OnkelUdo wrote:

I've got to be at Midway for an 8pm flight so need to be at the rental car place by 6:15pm at the latest. I'm going solo so there's room in the rental but I think I'll need to leave the track by like 4:30-4:45, no? (and I can't afford a speeding ticket).

This guy really needs the end-to-end Lemons experience so that should include the Ceremonies.

That said, please come by the Dustbuster paddock at some point for a great brisket and some homebrew.  I would love to meet you as a "Legend of Lemons"!

I am sure I will find you at some point during the roving paddock party(s) the Usual Suspects in the Midwest do. 

If you have not been warned...nighttime temps will be very acceptable at 4-5 degrees above freezing...we also bring spare el-cheepo sleeping bags to use as robes/snuggies for West Coasters.

We are heading over from Standish to check out the Gingerman race before making our final decision on building a car. Hoping to check out tech inspections on Friday and the Saturday portion of the race. Can anyone recommend a nearby hotel.

OCD-Racing wrote:

We are heading over from Standish to check out the Gingerman race before making our final decision on building a car. Hoping to check out tech inspections on Friday and the Saturday portion of the race. Can anyone recommend a nearby hotel.

There are 4 hotels right of the interstate about 5 miles from the track, depends on how fussy you are lol.  The Hampton is pretty nice, $$$
Holiday inn express is good $$
I usually stay at the baymont $ it is adequate and mostly clean lol I doubt if my wife were with me it would be my choice wink  but for a guys racing weekend it is just fine. At this late date, anything you can get a room in would be good though wink

Your Miata Parts Pimp

OCD-Racing wrote:

By the way feel free to stop by the breadvan if you would like #16 opel gt with a shooting brake

Your Miata Parts Pimp

willy1959 wrote:
OCD-Racing wrote:

There are 4 hotels right of the interstate about 5 miles from the track, depends on how fussy you are lol.  The Hampton is pretty nice, $$$
I usually stay at the baymont $ it is adequate and mostly clean lol I doubt if my wife were with me it would be my choice wink  but for a guys racing weekend it is just fine. At this late date, anything you can get a room in would be good though wink

This is the closest accommodation to the track but it's away from the amenities of South Haven....http://www.southhavenjellystone.com/

Brett85p wrote:
willy1959 wrote:
OCD-Racing wrote:

This is the closest accommodation to the track but it's away from the amenities of South Haven....http://www.southhavenjellystone.com/

And it is normally a screaming deal but this late the cabins that are  bargain might be gone.

Thanks for the info got the hotel and rental car all set. Hope to learn a great deal on this trip it looks like a blast.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U2mtILDZRgI

This is the inspiration for our car....   Hopefully someone in tech has seen the Sriracha IS promo.....

Well, the car is loaded in the trailer. I'm not convinced she's ready, but we'll sort that out when we get there. Should roll in around 4:30 today.

Team BAD Company Endurance
Acura RSX #0
4 times losers, and counting...
"I got screwed" winners? 2018 Cure for Gingervitis, 5th on laps overall 2018 Elite meet to Cheat

So is 80ish the current count?

jmas wrote:

It's 80. Preview should be up on Hooniverse in about 25 minutes with the entry list.

Eric Rood
Everything Bagel, 24 Hours of Lemons
eric@24hoursoflemons.com

therood wrote:
jmas wrote:

It's 80. Preview should be up on Hooniverse in about 25 minutes with the entry list.

https://i2.wp.com/hooniverse.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/04/Lemons_Gingerman_0417_06.jpg?w=720

Voila!

Eric Rood
Everything Bagel, 24 Hours of Lemons
eric@24hoursoflemons.com

Uh oh, they mention our RSX. Luckily it's not packed full of cheat.

Team BAD Company Endurance
Acura RSX #0
4 times losers, and counting...
"I got screwed" winners? 2018 Cure for Gingervitis, 5th on laps overall 2018 Elite meet to Cheat

Definitely had fun, but I'm too tired to unpack.....