Re: NJ who's in?

Mr.Yuck wrote:

The SFI is a NJ rule not so much Lemons. We bought a set last year even know ours wasn't 5 years old. I was told by a Lemons regular that unless the NJ SP check, you'll be fine.

technically correct. However, I have seen NJ police at the races. And is it really worth losing race time because you banked on them not looking and they check you Saturday morning?

Lemons tech will warn you about the rule, but they honestly don't care if you want to risk losing half a day of racing because you thought they wouldn't check. weight your options and make a decision accordingly. Personally, I just won't buy belts that aren't FIA rated anymore. It's not like you can't find sets that are the same price as SFI only.

20+ Time Loser FutilityMotorsport
Abandoned E36 Build
2008 Saab 9-5Aero Wagon
Retired - 1989 Dodge Daytona Shelby 2011-2015 "Lifetime Award for Lack of Achievement" IOE, 3X I got screwed, Organizer's Choice

Mr.Yuck wrote:

The SFI is a NJ rule not so much Lemons. We bought a set last year even know ours wasn't 5 years old. I was told by a Lemons regular that unless the NJ SP check, you'll be fine.

Yes, it is NJ law and most years it has never been enforced until last year when John showed up as chief tech.  Several cars, mine included had 3 year old belts that failed and we had to scramble to find new ones (Lemons legal but not NJ).  That is actually how that local shop was found by another local team.  So even if the police do not show there is a fair chance that the law may be enforced over the rule by tech.  BTW new SFI rated belts now all have a 2 year expiration date instead of a born on date so it will soon be two years everywhere.  Buy FIA.

Team Glue Sticks
00 Firebird, 02 X-Type, 93 NX2000, 00 Mazda 626 (Sold)
2016 NJMP Heroic Fix, 2017 NJMP Near Heroic Fix except we can't drive, 2017 Thompson I Got Screwed, 2019 Pitt Heroic Fix

meyers0150 wrote:
Mr.Yuck wrote:

Yes, it is NJ law and most years it has never been enforced until last year when John showed up as chief tech.  Several cars, mine included had 3 year old belts that failed and we had to scramble to find new ones (Lemons legal but not NJ).  That is actually how that local shop was found by another local team.  So even if the police do not show there is a fair chance that the law may be enforced over the rule by tech.  BTW new SFI rated belts now all have a 2 year expiration date instead of a born on date so it will soon be two years everywhere.  Buy FIA.

We were one of those cars.  The track had a few on hand at a premium, but not a lot.  We'll be back out this year with our new belts and 3 tiny new crew members/future drivers.

Anyone know who snagged #75?

NJMP '11--#132 (Speedycop), NJMP '12 to '16--#215 (Philthy Motorsports), NJMP '16--#75 Most Heroic Fix, NJMP '17--#75 (still drying out), NJMP '18--#75, NHMS '18 - #75 Datsun 510

Mr.Yuck wrote:
gtopat wrote:

The Bluesmobile is in, now sporting genuine cop suspension and Imperial power!

are you using a 440 out of an imperial?

http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d5/mustangpat00/14591828_10157470094035328_8381809164725729911_n_1.jpg

Interceptor Motorsports
351w Foxy T-Bird - Class B Winner!, 440 Bluesmobile - Judges Choice, Org Choice & IOE!, Camero, Fuego Turbo - Heroic Fix & IOE!

gtopat wrote:
Mr.Yuck wrote:
gtopat wrote:

The Bluesmobile is in, now sporting genuine cop suspension and Imperial power!

are you using a 440 out of an imperial?

http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d5/mustangpat00/14591828_10157470094035328_8381809164725729911_n_1.jpg

ohh that should be fun... I'll have to swing by and see that.

"get up and get your grandma outta here"

Cheesebolt Enterprises is making their world debut with 130 hp of Ford ZX3 Zetec goodness.

The Laughing Clown Malt Liquor T bird will be back! 

we hope.

Silent But Deadly Racing-  Ricky Bobby's Laughing Clown Malt Liquor Thunderbird , Datsun 510, 87 Mustang (The Race Team Formerly Known as Prince), 72 Pinto Squire waggy, Parnelli Jones 67 Galaxie, Turbo Coupe Surf wagon.(The Surfin Bird), Squatting Dogs In Tracksuits,  Space Pants!  Roy Fuckin Kent and The tribute to a tribute to a tribute THUNDERBIRD/ SUNDAHBADOH!

Overengineer'd Racing will be back in NJ for the first time since 2014, this time with our BMW e12.  We will try not to splode our motor all over the track this time.

30 entries since 2009
#39 & #53 Overengineer'd Racing - Wilton, NH
http://www.facebook.com/nhlemons

Dahlinboys is in with two cars, the Integra and fresh off the 2900 mile Lemons Winter Rally, the #395 Cledus Snow Designer Edition Caddilac Eldorado

http://i1196.photobucket.com/albums/aa4 … rwybxk.jpg

Fritz and the boys

Dahlinboysracing W/Frankenphil  '11 Crown Royal Vic SPWV 73 '12 Tom Sellecka Toyota NJMP 75 SPWV 43 NHMS 65, '13  Toylaren Monticello 120, Daytona 102, SPWV  83 HF! NJMP 41 NHMS 48th '14 Fireball  Integra NJMP 24th NJMP 18th NHMS 90th '15 NJMP 54th Daytona 33RD SPWV 4th Thompson  79th CMP 13th '16 NJMP 43 Thompson 21 CMP 32nd NHMS 24 '17 FB Integra NJMP 68 Cledus Snow Eldorado IGS 118, NCM 24

Super GRover will be there and hopefully less explody than the last few races.

1992 Saturn SL2 (retired) - Elmo's Revenge -  Class B winner, Heroic Fix winner x2
1969 Rover P6B 3500S(sold) - Super G-Rover - I.O.E Winner, Class C Winner
1996 Saturn SW2 - Elmo's Revenge (reborn!), Saturn SL1  Dazzleshipm Class C x2 and IOE winner
1974 AMC Javelin - Oscar's Trash heap - IOE,”Organizer's Choice" and "I got Screwed" award winner

You might be seeing some of this in your windshield

https://im1.shutterfly.com/media/47a7dd08b3127cceeeeeefb2e4bf00000030O02AbtWTNk2cMwe3nw4/cC/f%3D0/ls%3D00300862325720170330020029916.JPG/ps%3D50/r%3D0/rx%3D550/ry%3D400/

Or this in your mirror

https://im1.shutterfly.com/media/47a7dd08b3127cceeeeee621258000000030O02AbtWTNk2cMwe3nw4/cC/f%3D0/ls%3D00300862325720170330020015194.JPG/ps%3D50/r%3D0/rx%3D550/ry%3D400/

Prelude is IN.

MarioKart Driving School: 1987 Honda Prelude Si (Opus #28) 
Loudon, NH 2014 - Millville, NJ, Lightening 2019 (RIP)
New and improved: 1987 Honda Prelude Si (Opus #11) Pittsburgh, PA 2021 - ??
and finally won something, Class C Win: Loudon, NH 2022

37 (edited by MZAVARIN 2017-03-29 08:27 PM)

Prelude is IN.

oops

Team pro Crash Duh Nation is in. Lots of prep work to finish on the Alfa and it looks like someone snatched our #26 before I got a chance to register. So I guess we are #261, maybe that will break the Bridesmaids curse.

I'm not sure we will be able to swing our Pasta party for this one because we are going to be light on crew and drivers but I'm working on that.

I really like Thunderbolt.

Greg

1987 Alfa Milano (Bellissima since 2008), Racing since 2008 Stafford Springs,  2nd overall 2011 NJMP, 4th at NHMS 2011, 2nd at Summit 2011, Into the wall hard at Stafford Springs 2011, 2nd at Monticello 2013, 3rd at NHMS 2013, 2nd at NHMS 2016. 2nd at NJMP 2018

25,000 racing miles in 32 races in 10 years. Yes its the same motor. Tell me again how Alfas suck? Update: Big moneyshift = new motor

Zero Energy Will be there, we will be smoking about 100lbs of pork Saturday night too, and quite possibly will have spare ribs friday night as well.

Capt. Zero Energy Racing
Somewhat quick and moderately angsty.

Well with a little over 2 weeks to go I'm sad to say that Team Pro Crash Duh Nation is withdrawing form the race at NJMP. After thinking about it for a while I realized that Mothers Day was way more important than driving in some silly race. I mean how often do we get to celebrate this awesome holiday? I mean I'd way rather be at some expensive restaurant sipping Mimosas and eating eggs benedict with my wife and family than racing the Alfa at NJMP, gorging on Pasta and drinking wine with my friends - right? So have a great time at the race and good luck. And please try not to be too envious about my good fortune.

Greg

Ok so I wont scroll down this far when I show her. It totally sucks but the cars not going to be ready for the race and we are missing some crew for this race. So I am going to take the extra time and make sure she's prepped for Thompson. And please someone call me on the 14th with an "emergency" to rescue me from brunch.

1987 Alfa Milano (Bellissima since 2008), Racing since 2008 Stafford Springs,  2nd overall 2011 NJMP, 4th at NHMS 2011, 2nd at Summit 2011, Into the wall hard at Stafford Springs 2011, 2nd at Monticello 2013, 3rd at NHMS 2013, 2nd at NHMS 2016. 2nd at NJMP 2018

25,000 racing miles in 32 races in 10 years. Yes its the same motor. Tell me again how Alfas suck? Update: Big moneyshift = new motor

Knotfurlong #9 will be there hopefully if car is done on time. 1st time team, 1st time car, 1st time everything lol. Waited unit we got
Accepted to get and build a car. So big time under the fun now to finish. Soh and there's only 3 of us so far. I had to sign my wife up as a driver
Just for registration. So I still have 1-3 openings for drivers/wrenches.

hopefully us rookies will be there. If we Make it to the race I'm Bringing a big smoker and kegerator and full size fridge for the garage.

If we make it. Someone should come introduce them selves and give
Us the basics and etc etc.  and show us around to who's who and all that .  like I said total 1st time rookies here. I've raced njmp plenty of times and know both tracks like the back of my hand. (On motorcycles)  never Lemons though. No previous Lemons experience. Kind of just shooting from the hip here the three of us lol

SloppyJalopy--- Knotfurlong #9: I am bustin' with laughter...this is going to be a Trial By Fire for you!!!

If you "Waited unit we got Accepted to get and build a car. ", then I am very impressed that you got this far, but concerned you may have done many other things ....not quite how you should have? or how most people would have?.....and by the look of your other posts (missing car parts, missing drivers, etc.), you might be in contention for the I Got Screwed award....

But don't let me discourage you....there have been teams arriving without even a cage....

--Look at the Drivers Looking for Teams...there are a couple of Wanna Bees....hit them up NOW.

Send me an email if you have any questions about the race, or drop by my/our garage.  I plan to arrive Thursday night, and do Friday practice.
We will be in the main garage.  Look for a black and yellow Honda Prelude looking car #28 (next to an Opel/Isuzu, next to a Golf, next to a MR2, next to a Festiva, next to a Miata, next to a ......).  We'll help you out.
And you'd be better off going around introducing yourself to other teams, especially on Friday when everyone is more relaxed and sober, for advice.  Most everyone is super friendly and will do their best to help you get you out on the track...

Best of Luck! and hope to see you at the races!  My wife/driver and kids will be there too!

Cheers!
z

Awesome! I'll come find ya. Thanks for all your help and advice

I should definitely be in contention for the I got screwed award haha

Our first lemon AND the  trailer it was on came disconnected from the truck going down the PA Turnpike  and ran up and off the embankment.  After driving 6 hours to go get it. Let's just say that lemon never made it home really. Had to turn around and drive and go look for it And find it.  So that lemon  didn't work out. Had to go find and buy another lemon after that which was only a shell.

I had 5 buddies all lined up to be on the team -drivers, co owners, and work on car and invest money in car and etc etc. well when the time came to pay the registration fees and buy a drive line and all the stuff for the car they all disappeared  as soon as it was time to put out some money. Leaving me to front everything  and try to line up other buddies. And continue with the build.  I have just been getting screwed left and right from the day I even came up with the idea to do the race. From the 1st lemon and trailer coming disconnected on turnpike running 75 mph. (With no trailer brakes or emergency breakaway) to buddies bailing. To getting sold bad parts from people off the internet to the new lemon not being exactly what the guy said it was etc etc. this last month has been nothing but hell and I'll me and the 2 team mates  getting screwed LOL

Oh and after buying the second lemon after getting accepted And having one month to build a turnkey race car from pretty much scratch and no parts on hand my wife reminds me that a week and half of that month to build a race car will be spent on vacation.

45 (edited by SloppyJalopy 2017-04-29 12:23 PM)

hey whys your dash say that. Idk, loose plug prolly, check the mirrors. Oh shit turn around and let's start back tracking. What for. I don't see the trailer but it's hard to see it's dark and all your windows are tinted real dark. Slow slow down so this car behind us catches up so his head lights light up the trailer. Yeah, it's not there turn around we gotta go find it.

https://preview.ibb.co/htjQWQ/IMG_0535.png
free image hosting for ebay

Found it! Just leave it. Good idea let's go. Well....The hell with the car I didn't wanna loose the trailer. If we just leave it they can trace the trailer vin back to me and then they'll give me all kinds of fines for the trailer AND they'll charge me towing. Pull the vin tag off the trailer, and the plate, and let's get out of here the car doesn't have a title so who cares

https://preview.ibb.co/fbTVy5/IMG_0536.png
free image hosting for ebay

So you loaded a car onto a utility trailer, improperly secured, and without brakes? Then when the rig failed, you left it abandoned, obstructing part of a highway? What a dick. You don't deserve "I Got Screwed", you deserve criminal charges.

Interceptor Motorsports
351w Foxy T-Bird - Class B Winner!, 440 Bluesmobile - Judges Choice, Org Choice & IOE!, Camero, Fuego Turbo - Heroic Fix & IOE!

That was the conversation we had. Not the complete chain of events. Lol luckily dodged the Charges. And we did recover the rig that night. needed the trailer to get the new lemon. We didn't have another hitch pin and the $40 master lock hitch pin was too sheared to re use . So we salveged a motor mount bolt from the Saab and on our way we went. Trailer and lemon in tow. . I thought the purpose of The steel chains is to prevent this from happening when the pin fails. The steel chains broke, hitch pin sheared, the cable for the breakaway broke without pulling the plug out of the emergency brakes switch. Such a fail like everything all failed at one time. We did recover at all and selling that women $400 I'm going a different route

MZAVARIN wrote:

SloppyJalopy--- Knotfurlong #9: I am bustin' with laughter...this is going to be a Trial By Fire for you!!!

If you "Waited unit we got Accepted to get and build a car. ", then I am very impressed that you got this far, but concerned you may have done many other things ....not quite how you should have? or how most people would have?.....and by the look of your other posts (missing car parts, missing drivers, etc.), you might be in contention for the I Got Screwed award....

But don't let me discourage you....there have been teams arriving without even a cage....

--Look at the Drivers Looking for Teams...there are a couple of Wanna Bees....hit them up NOW.

Send me an email if you have any questions about the race, or drop by my/our garage.  I plan to arrive Thursday night, and do Friday practice.
We will be in the main garage.  Look for a black and yellow Honda Prelude looking car #28 (next to an Opel/Isuzu, next to a Golf, next to a MR2, next to a Festiva, next to a Miata, next to a ......).  We'll help you out.
And you'd be better off going around introducing yourself to other teams, especially on Friday when everyone is more relaxed and sober, for advice.  Most everyone is super friendly and will do their best to help you get you out on the track...

Best of Luck! and hope to see you at the races!  My wife/driver and kids will be there too!

Cheers!
z

THIS :-) this is part of what got me hooked to our community. I'll be there in the next to Prelude, next to Opel/Isuzu, next to Golf, next to MR2, next to Festiva, Hopefully at one point in that Miata. Come on over and say Hi, share a story, ask questions. Oh and bring some beer so we can have a sacrifical offering to the unreliability gods. I hear there get thirsty this time of the year in the Northeast.

a lethal overdose of brick wall, taken while under the influence of a Ferrari and a bottle of tequila.

A very kind gentleman by the name is sending me a harness so I'm good there! Bless your heart Scott thanks!! This community is amazing

SloppyJalopy- Sounds like you'll likely fail tech on Friday.  We'll have the section in front of the Hangor.  Come find me, Tom, and I'll give you a hand or at least lead you in a better direction.  Also, what car are you?  I want to hunt down that keg, lol.

Team Glue Sticks
00 Firebird, 02 X-Type, 93 NX2000, 00 Mazda 626 (Sold)
2016 NJMP Heroic Fix, 2017 NJMP Near Heroic Fix except we can't drive, 2017 Thompson I Got Screwed, 2019 Pitt Heroic Fix