1 (edited by Evil Genius 2017-07-17 09:15 AM)

Topic: 2014 5 speed Fiesta, caged, Pre Themed $1200, NorCal

Rolled, hammered Fiesta.    It has an FIA certified roll cage for rally use.  I built the cage and delivered the car, it was wrecked on the first stage of the High Desert Trails rally two weeks ago.   Front and rear crush zones are intact. roof is, um, hurt?   Radiator still has coolant in it, runs just fine. Needs some front suspension components..rear suspension is fine.  Wrecked rally car theme is possible.   Add your own seat and off you go. Newest car in Lemons..  You'll have to figure out a Lexan windshield and pound out some dents, but the cage will pass tech.   Great for tall drivers as the car is quite tall.    Awesome cage with FIA bars.   I will figure out a way to post pics soon.   It has a $3500 cage in it. so real cost is zero...

OK:   Since I first listed this I have replaced the front control arms, the car is on the ground, aligned and runs well..   My plan is to cut off the roof, rivet on an aluminum roof and install a Lexan windshield, Racetech Seat I have, and harnesses.      At that point it'll be a ready to race car for a few grand.  If you want to do the work, come buy it for $1200 and drive it onto your trailer.     Clear title and non-opped in CA.  Title in hand.   Local Ford wreckers want $300 for a complete roof, if you want to go that way.

-John 

916-275 1038

Pics on CL: https://sacramento.craigslist.org/cto/6223428045.html

-John

Gosh, my business card says 'Tech Tyrant'

Re: 2014 5 speed Fiesta, caged, Pre Themed $1200, NorCal

that's a steal...thank dog it's on the left coast. smile

I was at the High Desert rally where this car competed.  The two young men went off track on the first 8-9 minute stage, then they managed to get pulled back on track.  They then proceeded to go off track again and roll the car three times on the first stage. 

The car looked brand new before the race started.  I saw the car the next morning and the cage looked like it did it's job. I saw the driver walking around later in the evening and he said he was fine.

To be clear, the car is a seat, a windshield of some sort and a bunch of hammering away from being a Lemons car.  Is currently registered and could be rolled/driven onto a trailer with the addition of a couple of front control arms.     It has an awesome(I built it, so take that with a grain of salt) seat mount on the stock sliders that will easily fit most racing seats.         I need room to build my Miata/Ranchero (Ranchata?) so the car has to go, Title in hand.   

-John

Bump, for a price raise...   Yes, really.  It now has new front control arms, is aligned and on the ground running.     On stock wheels/tires and suspension.      Run the newest car in Lemons!