Re: NCM KAN-Tucky! Who's in, AND Will there be a BBQ/Potluck?

Consider me Potluck organizer.  will start Monday when I can do it on company time.

And no, not likely to be much homebrew from me due to my house move.  Prepping the old house for sale has just killed me on time. MIGHT be able to bring 10 gallons of lawnmower RyePA as if ferments fast and hot...lost my temp control temporarily.

Honestly, could care less...I have literally a full acre of empty land to store cars and 1/ acre fenced for the dos to go nuts...

C'est la vie. I've got a keg of stout sitting here, and Robert will bring something. I think I'll put a batch of wheat ale in the fermenter, just to fill the other keg. I really need to finish getting the brewery set up.

Everybody grab your brooms, it's shenanigans!

rmcdaniels wrote:

On the subject of generators, Duff Beer will be selling three of them. I was going to put them on CL, but if some of you guys want them, then I can leave them on the team bus and take them to NCM. They have been used for two days for about 12 hours/day and I upgraded all of them to good weather-rated outdoor outlets and a Square D breaker box and 30A breakers over the crappy GFI outlets and tiny push-button breakers that they came with. Here's what we have:

https://www.samsclub.com/sams/blackmax- … roduct:1:3

I was going to list them on CL for $350, but if anybody gives me $300, then I'll bring one for them.

Roger, put me down for one of them.

Captain
Team Super Westerfield Bros.
'93 Acura Integra - No VTEC Yo!

I'll get on my team mate that home brews to make sure he makes something to bring too.  Can't recall ever seeing a paddock run out of beer yet.

Racing 4 Nickels - 1989 Oldsmobile Cutlass Ciera
2011 SHOWROOM-SCHLOCK SHOOTOUT  IOE Winner
2012 The Chubba Cheddar Enduro Class C winner
Facebook Page

VKZ24 wrote:
rmcdaniels wrote:

On the subject of generators, Duff Beer will be selling three of them. I was going to put them on CL, but if some of you guys want them, then I can leave them on the team bus and take them to NCM. They have been used for two days for about 12 hours/day and I upgraded all of them to good weather-rated outdoor outlets and a Square D breaker box and 30A breakers over the crappy GFI outlets and tiny push-button breakers that they came with. Here's what we have:

https://www.samsclub.com/sams/blackmax- … roduct:1:3

I was going to list them on CL for $350, but if anybody gives me $300, then I'll bring one for them.

I'll take one.

Apocalyptic Racing - Occupy Pit Lane racing
Racing the "Toylet" Toyota Celica powered by Chevrolet Ecotec.
24x Loser with the Celica. 16x loser in other fine machines
Overall winner Gingerman 2019

VKZ24 wrote:

You want to come by the shop and grab it?

Brett85p wrote:

I'll take one.

Done, one left.

rmcdaniels wrote:
VKZ24 wrote:

Any chance you could bring it to the June HPDE at CMP?  If not, I'll see if I can get Stephen to go by your shop sometime and get it for me.

Captain

Sputnik is in! We'll have a sentra-powered somethingorother. Prolly a Sentra.

K Car Stalker

VKZ24 wrote:
rmcdaniels wrote:
VKZ24 wrote:

Any chance you could bring it to the June HPDE at CMP?  If not, I'll see if I can get Stephen to go by your shop sometime and get it for me.

Yeah, bringing it to CMP is actually easiest, since it's already on the bus anyway. I just have to do nothing.

Hey gang,

Group of active duty dudes from Ft. Campbell here.  Our car is still in shambles but we got accepted so we're busting ass to make it; it's our first time.  We may not get much racing in, but we're bringing banjos and moonshine. 

Look forward to it. 

-Wheel Team 6

Cross thread racing camaro will be there, replacing the 5 speed we turned into a 4 speed at Gingerman with an actual 4 speed t-10 from an '82 firebird. Also rebuilding the t5 for a back-up so maybe we'll finish this time.

Anyone have an update on a test day happening?

Captain

VKZ24 wrote:

I checked out NCM's website and they list a test day for $199 for one car and unlimited drivers if you pre-register.  If you sign up the day of the event, it is $250.

Greg
Team Skid Steer
Mercury Bobcat

Product Design will be there.

The sign up for the test day is https://www.motorsportreg.com/events/nc … rts-102901 It is $195 and something about people will need to fill out waivers?

I should also comment that if there is any SE MI teams looking to go with one car, I have an open spot for a car on the wedge.  PM me for details.

#124 Product Design Saturn SL2

Rod Throwin' Fools will be there in the MisterTwo. We're looking forward to the new track and of course seeing everyone. Fingers crossed that we don't get delayed an hour Saturday with smoke billowing out of our wheels and pistons welded to backing plates. I guess 4 races was too much to expect from our brake pads. Who could have possibly foreseen that?

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Bx5IUTYIQAAS-8y.jpg

We'll bring some potluck goodies.

43 (edited by steve 2017-05-23 06:24 AM)

The Boondoggle Racing Corvette Bummer Stingata will be there with what looks like for the moment a limited crew but hey it only seemed right that the car returned to the Museum where it resided for quite awhile wink 
http://www.roadkill.com/wp-content/uplo … ngiata.jpg

2010, 26th @ CMP, 2011, 10th & 5th at CMP, 2012? (MIA), 2013 Spring CMP, 53rd, 2013 Fall CMP 44th, 2014 Barber 14th, 2014 CMP 46th, 2015 CMP 57th, 2015 CMP 80th, 2016 CMP 16th, 3rd in B class, Winner Judges choice, and First car under 2.0 liter Alex's lemon aide stand winner. 2017 WRL, Road Atlanta 43rd, 2017 NCM 9th O/A , 1st in B class, 2018 CMP 13th O/A 3rd in Class B

Dangie wrote:
VKZ24 wrote:

I checked out NCM's website and they list a test day for $199 for one car and unlimited drivers if you pre-register.  If you sign up the day of the event, it is $250.

what the heck does this mean?

"Drivers must be Solo approved and have already participated in a driving event in the run group they are registering for!"

I once did a trombone solo in junior high...does that count?

45 (edited by Guildenstern 2017-05-24 05:46 PM)

It means the operator want's you to have bought into their tired progression system in order to participate. $$ basically.

But they may just stick Lemons into their own run group and call that "Qualified to be here"

Mistake By The Lake Racing (MBTL)
88 Thunderbird "THUNDERBIRDS ARE GO!", Ex Astris, Rubigo / Semper Fracti
A&D: 2014 Sebrings at Sebring (NSF), 2014 NJMP2 Jurassic Park (SpeedyCop), 2012 Summit Point J30 (PiNuts)
2018 Route Sucky-Suck Rally Miata, 2019 World Tour Of Texas 64 Newport

46 (edited by OnkelUdo 2017-05-24 07:28 PM)

OK, I will give it its own topic in minute after I get other details from anyone who has been there:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ … sp=sharing

Give me who, what and where for the Potluck.

What else do I need...

Where do we set up the long-ass table?  Last time we had it paddock to paddock and the end paddocks got missed.
When do you want to do it?  I prefer serving starts about 1-1.5 hours after track cold Saturday but open to suggestion.
Do the bring a table, ezup, and just pick a spot or do we want to try to tie entrees to sides to deserts (worked moderately well at Gingerman)

That's all for now.

Lowballers are in for 2 cars (I think....) Maybe bringing the party table, not sure what the plan is for it.

I'm sure we'd be down for some potluck. I'll attempt to get a plan from them!

Knoxvegas Lowballers - Team Mom: unfortunately that is my circus and those are my monkeys.
www.facebook.com/KnoxvegasLowballers

We are in, driving in Hamsa's E36, team Hard Reset.  We are down to participate in the pot luck.

Chris from 3 Pedal Mafia

OnkelUdo wrote:
Dangie wrote:
VKZ24 wrote:

what the heck does this mean?

"Drivers must be Solo approved and have already participated in a driving event in the run group they are registering for!"

I once did a trombone solo in junior high...does that count?

I drove around the Walmart parking lot last weekend, does that count?

Apocalyptic Racing - Occupy Pit Lane racing
Racing the "Toylet" Toyota Celica powered by Chevrolet Ecotec.
24x Loser with the Celica. 16x loser in other fine machines
Overall winner Gingerman 2019

OnkelUdo wrote:

OK, I will give it its own topic in minute after I get other details from anyone who has been there:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ … sp=sharing

Give me who, what and where for the Potluck.

What else do I need...

Where do we set up the long-ass table?  Last time we had it paddock to paddock and the end paddocks got missed.
When do you want to do it?  I prefer serving starts about 1-1.5 hours after track cold Saturday but open to suggestion.
Do the bring a table, ezup, and just pick a spot or do we want to try to tie entrees to sides to deserts (worked moderately well at Gingerman)

That's all for now.

I'm good for whenever but do we want it on Friday or Saturday.  Friday may have less people wrenching so more opportunity for socializing.  On the other hand the wrenching teams may appreciate the food more.

Racing 4 Nickels - 1989 Oldsmobile Cutlass Ciera
2011 SHOWROOM-SCHLOCK SHOOTOUT  IOE Winner
2012 The Chubba Cheddar Enduro Class C winner
Facebook Page