Topic: Car #21 Dodge

Anybody have the details on the #21 Doge cop car that ran at NJMP? Was running pretty good and broke. Anybody know what happened?

"get up and get your grandma outta here"

Re: Car #21 Dodge

That full course yellow a little after 1:00 on Sunday? That was us. Threw the driveshaft. It punched a hole in the floor and exploded the back half of the Torqueflite which dumped a couple gallons of ATF in and around turn 1.

We we're happy with the way it was running before that though. Though the misadjusted kickdown linkage kept it locked in 3rd, the 440 effortlessly torqued itself around the track all weekend. A problem with the secondary jets or secondary air door on the Thermoquad meant we only ran on the front two barrels. Talk about fuel efficiency! I did a 4-1/2hr stint in the rain!

We'll have it fixed for Thompson!

Interceptor Motorsports
351w Foxy T-Bird - Class B Winner!, 440 Bluesmobile - Judges Choice, Org Choice & IOE!, Camero, Fuego Turbo - Heroic Fix & IOE!

gtopat wrote:

That full course yellow a little after 1:00 on Sunday? That was us. Threw the driveshaft. It punched a hole in the floor and exploded the back half of the Torqueflite which dumped a couple gallons of ATF in and around turn 1.

We we're happy with the way it was running before that though. Though the misadjusted kickdown linkage kept it locked in 3rd, the 440 effortlessly torqued itself around the track all weekend. A problem with the secondary jets or secondary air door on the Thermoquad meant we only ran on the front two barrels. Talk about fuel efficiency! I did a 4-1/2hr stint in the rain!

We'll have it fixed for Thompson!

cool, I lost a u-joint at the 1/4 mile mark doing 120+ in my old 440-6 charger, talk about a mess... same deal, shook the tranny into 100 pieces. Kick the kickdown and air door adjusted and you'll have much fun. even better get a 4 speed in that thing.

Mr.Yuck wrote:

cool, I lost a u-joint at the 1/4 mile mark doing 120+ in my old 440-6 charger, talk about a mess... same deal, shook the tranny into 100 pieces. Kick the kickdown and air door adjusted and you'll have much fun. even better get a 4 speed in that thing.

https://scontent.fphl2-3.fna.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/18839002_1340315412672569_311451192632487041_n.jpg?oh=4aee3b4ffffae4c6cad244d1e1e543d8&oe=59A71669

CLANG!

Interceptor Motorsports
351w Foxy T-Bird - Class B Winner!, 440 Bluesmobile - Judges Choice, Org Choice & IOE!, Camero, Fuego Turbo - Heroic Fix & IOE!

gtopat wrote:
Mr.Yuck wrote:

https://scontent.fphl2-3.fna.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/18839002_1340315412672569_311451192632487041_n.jpg?oh=4aee3b4ffffae4c6cad244d1e1e543d8&oe=59A71669

CLANG!

mine bent the output shaft and destroyed the drums and about everything else. The only thing I could re-use was the MVB and converter. Thank God I had a driveshaft loop.  Hope to see that car back out. If you need the correct "kick-down" let me know.

Mr.Yuck wrote:

mine bent the output shaft and destroyed the drums and about everything else. The only thing I could re-use was the MVB and converter. Thank God I had a driveshaft loop.  Hope to see that car back out. If you need the correct "kick-down" let me know.

Thanks man. I think the Edelbrock intake I'm using is just slightly taller than the factory one, which introduced play into the kickdown. Fortunately is a 1-piece rod, no bellcranks, so I should just be able to bend it to take up the slop. We'll see.

Probably gonna write off this 727 completely as the pan was full of metal shavings anyway. Hopefully it's complete enough for credit as a "core"

Will you guys be at Thompson? With all the tribulations, never made it over to check out that CV Sport!

Interceptor Motorsports

gtopat wrote:
Mr.Yuck wrote:

Thanks man. I think the Edelbrock intake I'm using is just slightly taller than the factory one, which introduced play into the kickdown. Fortunately is a 1-piece rod, no bellcranks, so I should just be able to bend it to take up the slop. We'll see.

Probably gonna write off this 727 completely as the pan was full of metal shavings anyway. Hopefully it's complete enough for credit as a "core"

Will you guys be at Thompson? With all the tribulations, never made it over to check out that CV Sport!

I doubt it. One of our teammates, the one with the truck and trailer is in the middle of  flipping his old house and fixing his new one.  Whatever you do stay away from the Lokar (or any aftermarket) kickdown. Or as we Mopar guys like to say "throttle pressure linkage"  If you have to use the old school adjustable.. I might even have one laying around I'll check.

I've heard good things about the aftermarket Bouchillon kickdown cable setup for Slant Six + A904 applications. I've never used it, but it's supposed to be a lot better than the Lokar kit. They probably make something for the 727.

9 (edited by mechimike 2017-06-08 05:52 AM)

Looks...familiar. 

Here's our C6 at the Spring CMP.  Luckily the driver made it in under its own power.  We swapped tailshafts and driveshafts, and the car went back out again. 

https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4249/33977589424_f4b39b0a21_b_d.jpg

https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4190/33977587114_709c936fe3_o_d.jpg

We were pretty lucky nothing let fly.  I think we may invest in a driveshaft loop before we race again.

Tunachuckers: 15 Years of Effluency
'08 - '10: 1966 Volvo 122, "Charlie"
'10 - '18: 1975 Ford LTD Landau --> 2018 - current: Converted into 1950 "Plymford"
'22 - current: 1967 Volvo 122, "Charlie ]["