Topic: Thompson pricing catching up

I see this year Thompson has upped their prices on practice day and for garages.  I know it was nice to have a garage last year when the storms hit, but $150/day is a bit steep IMHO.  But, they have sold out for Saturday and Sunday, so they must not have over-priced the market yet.

Practice is $250 this year, up $100 from last year, but that seems to be the range that most practice days are in.

"She's a brick house" 57th out of 121 and 5th in Class C, There Goes the Neighborhood 2013
"PA Posse" 21st out of 96 and 2nd in Class C, Capitol Offense 2013.
"PA Posse" 29th out of 133 and Class C WINNER, Halloween Hooptiefest 2013
"PA Posse" 33rd out of 151 and 2nd in Class C, The Real Hoopties 2013

Re: Thompson pricing catching up

Hi
Actually, the garages are $150 for the weekend.  You only have an option of paying $150 Friday, but that buys you all 3 days.  They just want to rent the garages for the whole weekend, and don't want people renting for just Sat. and Sunday, or just one day.
That is why they show Sat. and Sun. as sold out.....or actually, "unavailable" would be a better description.
So comes out to $50 per day.
Maybe call the track to confirm?

And practice in NJ was $300, although it started at 9am instead of 10am....so seems like a ball park price.

z

MarioKart Driving School: 1987 Honda Prelude Si (Opus #28) 
Loudon, NH 2014 - Millville, NJ, Lightening 2019 (RIP)
New and improved: 1987 Honda Prelude Si (Opus #11) Pittsburgh, PA 2021 - ??
and finally won something, Class C Win: Loudon, NH 2022

Yeah, it's $150 for three days. The way they list it on the website is pretty confusing, but I did call to confirm before booking a garage last week.

Once you go a few steps further on the website it becomes obvious that you are paying a total of $150 for Friday, Saturday, and Sunday.

We Audi Be Faster
'85 Audi Coupe G(in &) T(onic)

SUMBITCH!

I did call them, and the guy told me to do it online, with no explanation of those facts.

I just read your replies, went to the website, and it is now sold out.  (hangs head)

"She's a brick house" 57th out of 121 and 5th in Class C, There Goes the Neighborhood 2013

I would still call them.  I reserved mine on Monday and she said there were 10 left.  I believe I spoke to Taylor.

Team Glue Sticks
00 Firebird, 02 X-Type, 93 NX2000, 00 Mazda 626 (Sold)
2016 NJMP Heroic Fix, 2017 NJMP Near Heroic Fix except we can't drive, 2017 Thompson I Got Screwed, 2019 Pitt Heroic Fix

I called the track today to confirm our reservation and I was told that they are indeed sold out.

You can keep trying in the event that someone cancels, but their cancellation policy allows for a full refund up to 2 days before the event - so you may have to call at the last minute to get something. Not sure if they will create a waiting list or not (didn't think to ask).

We Audi Be Faster
'85 Audi Coupe G(in &) T(onic)

I called today.  I was told there is one still left by the customer service person.  He transferred me to the person in charge of that, since the website shows sold out.  I got voicemail.

It still irks me their website was so misleading.

Well, lets just say that I might know of a certain group of underground Russian prison mafia Lemons "racers" (---traffickers)...that move certain goods around the country, and that specialize in real estate, mainly garages, at racing events, who might be able to help you out....I am certain they would not ask for much in return....perhaps just a small favor....

Check your email box   ( ...open carefully)

z

MarioKart Driving School: 1987 Honda Prelude Si (Opus #28) 
Loudon, NH 2014 - Millville, NJ, Lightening 2019 (RIP)
New and improved: 1987 Honda Prelude Si (Opus #11) Pittsburgh, PA 2021 - ??
and finally won something, Class C Win: Loudon, NH 2022

MZAVARIN wrote:

Well, lets just say that I might know of a certain group of underground Russian prison mafia Lemons "racers" (---traffickers)...that move certain goods around the country, and that specialize in real estate, mainly garages, at racing events, who might be able to help you out....I am certain they would not ask for much in return....perhaps just a small favor....

Check your email box   ( ...open carefully)

z

could not have said better my self smile

https://www.facebook.com/greatglobsofoil/
This car....Is said to have a will of it's Own. Twisting its own body in rage...It accelerates on.
1978 Opel/Buick Isuzu(C>B>C>B) , 1996 Nissan Maxima OnlyFans (B) , Sold 1996 Ford Probe GT(B),