Re: NCM KAN-Tucky! Who's in, AND Will there be a BBQ/Potluck?

Judge checkin' in.

Eric Rood
Everything Bagel, 24 Hours of Lemons
eric@24hoursoflemons.com

Saturday tends to be better. people are still getting sorted on Friday, especially at a new venue.

Also not sure how to set it up because it is a new venue so who knows how stuff will be laid out. I dont even know if they have gas on sight or what?

Mistake By The Lake Racing (MBTL)
88 Thunderbird "THUNDERBIRDS ARE GO!", Ex Astris, Rubigo / Semper Fracti
A&D: 2014 Sebrings at Sebring (NSF), 2014 NJMP2 Jurassic Park (SpeedyCop), 2012 Summit Point J30 (PiNuts)
2018 Route Sucky-Suck Rally Miata, 2019 World Tour Of Texas 64 Newport

therood wrote:

Judge checkin' in.

Who else is judging?

It Ain't My Fault

Can anyone confirm which course configuration we are running.   I strongly hope it is the full course, over 3 miles long and some great elevation change in the sinkhole.  I would be pretty disappointed if we were just running west course or something.

Chris from 3 Pedal Mafia

55 (edited by steve 2017-05-25 11:04 AM)

Sonic wrote:

Can anyone confirm which course configuration we are running.   I strongly hope it is the full course, over 3 miles long and some great elevation change in the sinkhole.  I would be pretty disappointed if we were just running west course or something.

I believe it is the West course, actually just checked and it does indeed say West course. Looks like a great track for good handling cars since there are a lot of tight corners and not to much of a long straightaway.

2010, 26th @ CMP, 2011, 10th & 5th at CMP, 2012? (MIA), 2013 Spring CMP, 53rd, 2013 Fall CMP 44th, 2014 Barber 14th, 2014 CMP 46th, 2015 CMP 57th, 2015 CMP 80th, 2016 CMP 16th, 3rd in B class, Winner Judges choice, and First car under 2.0 liter Alex's lemon aide stand winner. 2017 WRL, Road Atlanta 43rd, 2017 NCM 9th O/A , 1st in B class, 2018 CMP 13th O/A 3rd in Class B

Sonic wrote:

I would be pretty disappointed if we were just running west course or something.

Prepare to be disappointed.  We're running the West Track according to the Lemons Registration page.

Captain
Team Super Westerfield Bros.
'93 Acura Integra - No VTEC Yo!

Boooo! That misses the best part of the track!

Chris from 3 Pedal Mafia

BoB wrote:
OnkelUdo wrote:

OK, I will give it its own topic in minute after I get other details from anyone who has been there:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ … sp=sharing

Give me who, what and where for the Potluck.

What else do I need...

Where do we set up the long-ass table?  Last time we had it paddock to paddock and the end paddocks got missed.
When do you want to do it?  I prefer serving starts about 1-1.5 hours after track cold Saturday but open to suggestion.
Do the bring a table, ezup, and just pick a spot or do we want to try to tie entrees to sides to deserts (worked moderately well at Gingerman)

That's all for now.

I'm good for whenever but do we want it on Friday or Saturday.  Friday may have less people wrenching so more opportunity for socializing.  On the other hand the wrenching teams may appreciate the food more.

We have time...Hive mind vote!  Saturday Night or Friday night for said Potluck.

FYI, in my experience, more teams head to the hotels Friday night than Saturday.

Sonic wrote:

Boooo! That misses the best part of the track!

True, 19-23 is the most fun out there. Passing in the Sinkhole is exciting!

Everybody grab your brooms, it's shenanigans!

Saturday Night is my vote. Friday at Decade of Disappointment was because Jay was feeding us on Saturday Night.

Mistake By The Lake Racing (MBTL)
88 Thunderbird "THUNDERBIRDS ARE GO!", Ex Astris, Rubigo / Semper Fracti
A&D: 2014 Sebrings at Sebring (NSF), 2014 NJMP2 Jurassic Park (SpeedyCop), 2012 Summit Point J30 (PiNuts)
2018 Route Sucky-Suck Rally Miata, 2019 World Tour Of Texas 64 Newport

Saturday

88 Festiva  -  Damn Tree!!!
"We Are Not Really From Iran" Festiva  -  Motor and Trans to be anounced

Dave wrote:
therood wrote:

Judge checkin' in.

Who else is judging?

Good question whose answer I'm not sure anybody knows right now.

Eric Rood
Everything Bagel, 24 Hours of Lemons
eric@24hoursoflemons.com

Checking in, the Autoworx, nee muttonheads gang will be there with BMW luxosedan #747 (cheaturz!!! U cannot get a 525i for 5hunnert dollers!)

CTSparky wrote:

Can anyone give a rundown of the facilities for camping/ rving, showers etc?

I just called and reserved a camping spot (an electric outlet) for myself. It is $55 for the whole weekend. They have some 30A and some 50A, you need to specify which you need.

They do have a real bathroom & shower house on the property somewhere, and they do allow pets with the usual restrictions.
Unfortunately, I sat on hold for so long, that I forgot to ask the other pertinent questions like:
Are we on grass with a picnic table (like Gingerman) or just in a sea of asphalt (watkins glen)?
How far to the potty and/or shower?
What are the gate hours for Thurs night and Fri night arrivals?

Anybody else who calls may want to ask & post up here.

Jim C.
If God meant for us to race, we'd all have baggy Nomex skin.
08TMS.09NL.10GM, SP, NL.11SP, NL.12SP, VIR, NL.13GM, NJ.14NJ, VIR, WGI.15AB.16GM.17NCM.18GM.19...

FJ40Jim wrote:

Checking in, the Autoworx, nee muttonheads gang will be there with BMW luxosedan #747 (cheaturz!!! U cannot get a 525i for 5hunnert dollers!)

CTSparky wrote:

Can anyone give a rundown of the facilities for camping/ rving, showers etc?

I just called and reserved a camping spot (an electric outlet) for myself. It is $55 for the whole weekend. They have some 30A and some 50A, you need to specify which you need.

They do have a real bathroom & shower house on the property somewhere, and they do allow pets with the usual restrictions.
Unfortunately, I sat on hold for so long, that I forgot to ask the other pertinent questions like:
Are we on grass with a picnic table (like Gingerman) or just in a sea of asphalt (watkins glen)?
How far to the potty and/or shower?
What are the gate hours for Thurs night and Fri night arrivals?

Anybody else who calls may want to ask & post up here.

Are you sure on the $55 for the weekend?  Someone else said $50 per day.

I've  been there a couple of times.

No grass, sea of asphalt.

Very nice indoor air-conditioned bathrooms/showers. They are in the garage complex, so not far from the paddock area.

We've got a 50A spot. I don't remember what I paid, I got it months ago. Powered spots are along the fence near the end of the front straight and should be reserved/paid-for in advance.. Most of the paddock space is a big unpowered asphalt parking lot behind the garages.

No food, but last time I was there they had a pretty good (asian food bowls) food truck there. There are plenty of places to eat nearby, and a Starbucks 4 miles away.

Last time I went they told us we'd have to wait to get in, but I showed up very early and the guard was letting people in for the event.

66 (edited by BoB 2017-06-03 03:26 PM)

So are the reserved power spots numbered?  Just wondering for the potluck people if we can try and get spots together to make it easier to setup

Racing 4 Nickels - 1989 Oldsmobile Cutlass Ciera
2011 SHOWROOM-SCHLOCK SHOOTOUT  IOE Winner
2012 The Chubba Cheddar Enduro Class C winner
Facebook Page

They said they would assign numbers before the event.

rmcdaniels wrote:

They said they would assign numbers before the event.

And Roger reserved ours back in February (or whenever Chin was there)

Duff Beer Civic (#128) -- 2014 Sebring - Class B (#1 of 7), 2016 Barber - Class B
1981 Jet Electrica 007 [Plymouth Horizon TC3] (#128) -- Mk.1 - Index of Effluency Eco (IOEe) @ 2016 Lemons South Fall, Mk.2 - Judges' Choice @ 2017 'Shine Country Classic, Mk.3 - Index of Effluency @ 2017 Southern Discomfort

Quantum Heap will be making its triumphant return!

"THE WONDERMENT CONSORTIUM"
Everything dies baby that's a fact,
But maybe everything that dies someday comes back?

So are there places for electrical hook up?

2010, 26th @ CMP, 2011, 10th & 5th at CMP, 2012? (MIA), 2013 Spring CMP, 53rd, 2013 Fall CMP 44th, 2014 Barber 14th, 2014 CMP 46th, 2015 CMP 57th, 2015 CMP 80th, 2016 CMP 16th, 3rd in B class, Winner Judges choice, and First car under 2.0 liter Alex's lemon aide stand winner. 2017 WRL, Road Atlanta 43rd, 2017 NCM 9th O/A , 1st in B class, 2018 CMP 13th O/A 3rd in Class B

71 (edited by BoB 2017-06-15 01:32 PM)

According to the site there are:
                                                      17x24 garages for $70 per day
                                                      17x48 garages for $125 per day
                                                       30amp and 50amp rentals for $55 per event

Facebook Page

Any word as to if there will be a food truck out there? Or does anyone want to adopt a poor starving bunch of miscreants to feed? I may have home brew with me smile

Friday there is the potluck so you will get fed that night.

Facebook Page

BoB wrote:

Friday there is the potluck so you will get fed that night.

Yeah I saw that but unfortunately I will be heading back to the motel Friday evening and will return Saturday morning sad Maybe some of my crew will be able to partake of this cornucopia of tasty delights.

BoB wrote:

According to the site there are:
                                                      17x24 garages for $70 per day
                                                      17x48 garages for $125 per day
                                                       30amp and 50amp rentals for $55 per event

Electric spots are sold out.