Topic: Drop-in miata roll cage?

Has anyone installed one of these? It looks Lemons ready. Any reviews?

https://m.summitracing.com/parts/rhc-13 … Ajuv8P8HAQ

Re: Drop-in miata roll cage?

I can't comment on the legality of the cage but I would bet money that it's made using ERW tubing and not DOM tubing.
The "0.134 Wall" thickness is a giveaway that's it ERW.

Forgive me if I'm wrong but it kinda sounds like you are thinking that the cage comes all put together like in the picture and you just pop it in and go.  Not so much.  These cages generally require you to cut to fit, notch and weld.  It's a kit of prebent pieces.  That being said, lots of Lemons people have passed tech with the RRC cages (as well as Roll Cage Components) but you need to fit and weld them yourselves.  As jimbbski pointed out, as advertised its ERW tubing (currently legal but unknown going forward) but you can pay a little more to upgrade to DOM.  Other upgrades to doorbars, etc and also generally available.

1990 RX7 "Mazdarita"  1964 Sunbeam Imp (IOE 2013 Sears Pointless) 2002 Jaguar x-type (Winner C-Class 2021 Sears Pointless)
Gone bye-bye
1994 Jaguar XJ12 (Winner C-Class 2013 Sears Pointless)  1980 Rover SD1 (I Got Screwed 2014 Return of Lemonites)

I've heard of others using Rhodes.  Do a search on here and you can likely find out more info.  Also, do not go with the cheapest cage you can find.  DOM, NASCAR door bars, and thicker tube are all good investments into safety and comfort.  Do not skip corners on the roll cage!  If you've never built one get help.  Do not just find a guy who can weld, find someone with roll cage experience.

Team Glue Sticks
00 Firebird, 02 X-Type, 93 NX2000, 00 Mazda 626 (Sold)
2016 NJMP Heroic Fix, 2017 NJMP Near Heroic Fix except we can't drive, 2017 Thompson I Got Screwed, 2019 Pitt Heroic Fix

5 (edited by Evil Genius 2017-07-17 12:03 PM)

Phuckles wrote:

Has anyone installed one of these? It looks Lemons ready. Any reviews?

https://m.summitracing.com/parts/rhc-13 … Ajuv8P8HAQ

If everyone on your team is under 5'8" and 150 lbs that cage might work..  But with straight door bars and flat plates landing on the floor, there will be almost no room for the driver.  Probably will be too low as well.     To make a Miata cage work you have to go high, land the cage on the frame near the seatbelt towers and the sills and bend everything outward...   

-John

Gosh, my business card says 'Tech Tyrant'