1 (edited by OnkelUdo 2017-06-01 06:15 PM)

Topic: NCM Potluck...so we can all have the same food poisoning

Since the Potluck went so well at the 10th anniversary race I have (been) volunteered to facilitate one for the National Corvette Museum race.  The plan is simple, about an hour after the track goes cold after Test and Tune Friday, everyone sets up a table in a long row preferable centrally located and where there is available power for crock pots, etc.  Set up your food and start serving it.

The activity of being a part is simple:

Plan a dish (hint, tubs of cole slaw, potato salad, etc from the local super store are a big hit) that you can prepare for 14-20 or more people
Have it ready at the 1-1.5 hours after track goes cold and get it to table or cook it on site
Sign up what you are bringing, how I can contact you and how I can find you when you do not answer your phone...here:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ … sp=sharing

Some mobile devices and lifestyle appliances may have problem with the link...PM me if you need me to add your stuff.

Seriously, it was a lot of fun last time.  I did flier given out at tech by the Bacon Fairy himeself and we posted them at Gingerman's (meager) facility doors.  there was probably about 900 people at the track and I think 30 teams fed over 600 with a wide variety of food.

Edit:  Link got brken elsewhere so renewed...let me know if there are issues.

Re: NCM Potluck...so we can all have the same food poisoning

Have "we" decided to do it Friday?

That's the collective we, as in all of us idiots.

88 Festiva  -  Damn Tree!!!
"We Are Not Really From Iran" Festiva  -  Motor and Trans to be anounced

fitsbain wrote:

Have "we" decided to do it Friday?

That's the collective we, as in all of us idiots.

We is the right word...I prefer a roving paddock party on friday but a majority that responded here and elsewhere said Friday.

Just a bump guys...I know most folks won't respond until the last week if at all but we have 11 teams so far.

Weekly Bumpity-bump.
Some of us #747 peeps are signed up to bring something cool & salad-y. The weak ones will scurry away to an air conditioned hotel room, but we don't need them anyway.
Looks like 13 signer-uppers now.

We just need to finish rebuilding the towtruck engine and do the racecar prep. Plenty of time, right? yikes

Jim C.
If God meant for us to race, we'd all have baggy Nomex skin.
08TMS.09NL.10GM, SP, NL.11SP, NL.12SP, VIR, NL.13GM, NJ.14NJ, VIR, WGI.15AB.16GM.17NCM.18GM.19...

For setup what about at the "Pavilion" in the middle of the garages? Looks like lots of space and "SHOULD" have outlets?

Mistake By The Lake Racing (MBTL)
88 Thunderbird "THUNDERBIRDS ARE GO!", Ex Astris, Rubigo / Semper Fracti
A&D: 2014 Sebrings at Sebring (NSF), 2014 NJMP2 Jurassic Park (SpeedyCop), 2012 Summit Point J30 (PiNuts)
2018 Route Sucky-Suck Rally Miata, 2019 World Tour Of Texas 64 Newport

Guildenstern wrote:

For setup what about at the "Pavilion" in the middle of the garages? Looks like lots of space and "SHOULD" have outlets?

Sounds like a plan...I do need to find some place for it so I can make my to print my snappy brochures.

Dahlinboys is in for the potluck, whenever/where ever it is

Fritz

Dahlinboysracing W/Frankenphil  '11 Crown Royal Vic SPWV 73 '12 Tom Sellecka Toyota NJMP 75 SPWV 43 NHMS 65, '13  Toylaren Monticello 120, Daytona 102, SPWV  83 HF! NJMP 41 NHMS 48th '14 Fireball  Integra NJMP 24th NJMP 18th NHMS 90th '15 NJMP 54th Daytona 33RD SPWV 4th Thompson  79th CMP 13th '16 NJMP 43 Thompson 21 CMP 32nd NHMS 24 '17 FB Integra NJMP 68 Cledus Snow Eldorado IGS 118, NCM 24

Duff Beer can bring a keg of homebrew and serve it. I think that we'll have four kegs there.

Everybody grab your brooms, it's shenanigans!

rmcdaniels wrote:

Duff Beer can bring a keg of homebrew and serve it. I think that we'll have four kegs there.

PERFECT!  With the house move and subsequent lack of time and temperature control, have not brewed in 7 weeks.

should I bring the trashcan kegorator for you to use?  three kegs, three taps, a bit of insulation and designed to use 20 oz water bottles (frozen) to cool it but with a drain for bulk ice.

That sounds great; we'd love to check it out. Does it have wheels and a place for a CO2 bottle? Since we've made the switch to kegs, we haven't come up with a really elegant solution for our Saturday evening walkabout-and-hand-out-beer evolution.

Since we started racing the electric car, I've probably only made about one keg in the past three races; my brother has made most of the beer. Prepping an EV is an insane amount of work and I always run out of time for beer. With the new ride I have a lot more time for other stuff. We'll probably only roll out the EV for one race/year going forward, I'm thinking the fall CMP parade/race will be a good place for it, especially with the new crazy-stupid drive system.

12 (edited by OnkelUdo 2017-06-21 07:31 PM)

rmcdaniels wrote:

That sounds great; we'd love to check it out. Does it have wheels and a place for a CO2 bottle? Since we've made the switch to kegs, we haven't come up with a really elegant solution for our Saturday evening walkabout-and-hand-out-beer evolution.

Since we started racing the electric car, I've probably only made about one keg in the past three races; my brother has made most of the beer. Prepping an EV is an insane amount of work and I always run out of time for beer. With the new ride I have a lot more time for other stuff. We'll probably only roll out the EV for one race/year going forward, I'm thinking the fall CMP parade/race will be a good place for it, especially with the new crazy-stupid drive system.

It has a paintball CO2 cartridge, better regulator than my home setup and three picnic/cobra taps (one leaking).  It is unwise to move long distances with three kegs and cooling ice onboard but otherwise works great.

Cool, we'll fill it with kegs and give out beer.

Sign me up!!!

fitsbain wrote:

Sign me up!!!

Sign your own damn self up...

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ … sp=sharing

but seriously, if you have issues with the link just PM me.

I'm signing up to drink the beer.

Already set up to cook.

Bumpit, bump, bump

16 teams singed up so able to feed give or take about 250-300 folks.

To reach critical mass we need about 5 more teams.

OnkelUdo wrote:

Bumpit, bump, bump

16 teams singed up so able to feed give or take about 250-300 folks.

To reach critical mass we need about 5 more teams.

Is there anything specific that you are needing at this point besides a few more to sign up?

2010, 26th @ CMP, 2011, 10th & 5th at CMP, 2012? (MIA), 2013 Spring CMP, 53rd, 2013 Fall CMP 44th, 2014 Barber 14th, 2014 CMP 46th, 2015 CMP 57th, 2015 CMP 80th, 2016 CMP 16th, 3rd in B class, Winner Judges choice, and First car under 2.0 liter Alex's lemon aide stand winner. 2017 WRL, Road Atlanta 43rd, 2017 NCM 9th O/A , 1st in B class, 2018 CMP 13th O/A 3rd in Class B

19 (edited by OnkelUdo 2017-06-29 05:18 PM)

steve wrote:
OnkelUdo wrote:

Bumpit, bump, bump

16 teams singed up so able to feed give or take about 250-300 folks.  To reach critical mass we need about 5 more teams.

Is there anything specific that you are needing at this point besides a few more to sign up?

Desert, veggies and sides that do not involve chips.  Seriously, a 5 # tub or cole slaw on the right table will disappear in minutes...especially if we plant it next Nick's Brisket.

The most I can cook is about 16# of brisket, so it may go a little quick.

I've got a Restaurant Depot card so I'll pick up a bucket of potato salad and pasta/macaroni salad to strategically place near the brisket.

Greg
Team Skid Steer
Mercury Bobcat

You might want to list some of the nearby stores for people who didn't figure out they wanted to participate until the day of.

https://www.google.com/maps/search/groc … 239,13.25z

Racing 4 Nickels - 1989 Oldsmobile Cutlass Ciera
2011 SHOWROOM-SCHLOCK SHOOTOUT  IOE Winner
2012 The Chubba Cheddar Enduro Class C winner
Facebook Page

OK, official list of what is up for offer. Plan is start serving one hour after track goes cold Friday in front of the "pavilion" by the garages...and no, I do not know where that is.

https://goo.gl/photos/xwkvFW4Mq4hQ12nu7

You'll see it. It's the only major structure in a sea of hot Asphalt.

Mistake By The Lake Racing (MBTL)
88 Thunderbird "THUNDERBIRDS ARE GO!", Ex Astris, Rubigo / Semper Fracti
A&D: 2014 Sebrings at Sebring (NSF), 2014 NJMP2 Jurassic Park (SpeedyCop), 2012 Summit Point J30 (PiNuts)
2018 Route Sucky-Suck Rally Miata, 2019 World Tour Of Texas 64 Newport

Guildenstern wrote:

You'll see it. It's the only major structure in a sea of hot Asphalt.

hopefully everyone else will as well.

Same plan as last time...post fliers at the shitters, try to get a gear tech guy to hand them out and eat any leftovers if no one shows up.