Topic: We've been promoted!

The Road Race Jones' brought a new car to T-Hill and the Lemons Supreme Court decided to promote the # 16 car from Class A to Class B.

However, we don't know which other cars run under Class B. Is there a list that breaks down which cars run under various classes?

Our race was a mixed bag. We addressed some handling issues, but fought a overheating problem all weekend and were unable to solve that. As a result we spent way too many laps in the pits and finally packed it in at noon on Sunday rather than damage the engine.

Also, I was wondering if racing in the Central Valley heat played a part in the low car count? Did any teams decide not to race for that reason?

Re: We've been promoted!

maxrule wrote:

The Road Race Jones' brought a new car to T-Hill and the Lemons Supreme Court decided to promote the # 16 car from Class A to Class B.

However, we don't know which other cars run under Class B. Is there a list that breaks down which cars run under various classes?

Get the race monitor app.  It breaks down cars by class.  You can also check out Speedhive here https://speedhive.mylaps.com/Sessions/4394801#byClass

Team Glue Sticks
00 Firebird, 02 X-Type, 93 NX2000, 00 Mazda 626 (Sold)
2016 NJMP Heroic Fix, 2017 NJMP Near Heroic Fix except we can't drive, 2017 Thompson I Got Screwed, 2019 Pitt Heroic Fix

Hey, thanks, just what I was looking for.

maxrule wrote:

Wouldn't that be a demotion?

Captain
Team Super Westerfield Bros.
'93 Acura Integra - No VTEC Yo!

VKZ24 wrote:
maxrule wrote:

Wouldn't that be a demotion?

Nope. That is clearly a promotion. Class B winners get more money than Class A winners.

1992 Saturn SL2 (retired) - Elmo's Revenge -  Class B winner, Heroic Fix winner x2
1969 Rover P6B 3500S(sold) - Super G-Rover - I.O.E Winner, Class C Winner
1996 Saturn SW2 - Elmo's Revenge (reborn!), Saturn SL1  Dazzleshipm Class C x2 and IOE winner
1974 AMC Javelin - Oscar's Trash heap - IOE,”Organizer's Choice" and "I got Screwed" award winner

chaase wrote:

Nope. That is clearly a promotion. Class B winners get more money than Class A winners.

Winning?  Seems I've heard of that concept, but rarely have gotten to experience it.

Captain
Team Super Westerfield Bros.
'93 Acura Integra - No VTEC Yo!

VKZ24 wrote:
chaase wrote:

Winning?  Seems I've heard of that concept, but rarely have gotten to experience it.

A now-deceased friend was a die-hard SCCA racer with the attitude that if he wasn't winning, it wasn't fun.
My attitude in Lemons is that if you are having fun, you're winning.

"I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it!"
IOE winner in the Super Snipe -- Buttonwillow 2012
IOE winner in Super Snipe v2.0 -- Buttonwillow 2016
"Every Super Snipe in Lemons has won an IOE!"

Additionally, I was hoping that before the court sobers up, they could see their way to moving us up to Class C, the division that pays the highest purse.

VKZ24 wrote:
chaase wrote:

We've had a serious mechanical failure the last four races with the Rover so id like to see us finish a race 8-)

1992 Saturn SL2 (retired) - Elmo's Revenge -  Class B winner, Heroic Fix winner x2
1969 Rover P6B 3500S(sold) - Super G-Rover - I.O.E Winner, Class C Winner
1996 Saturn SW2 - Elmo's Revenge (reborn!), Saturn SL1  Dazzleshipm Class C x2 and IOE winner
1974 AMC Javelin - Oscar's Trash heap - IOE,”Organizer's Choice" and "I got Screwed" award winner

maxrule wrote:

Also, I was wondering if racing in the Central Valley heat played a part in the low car count? Did any teams decide not to race for that reason?

For us it was just too soon after the late March race.  I just can't turn the car around that fast.  We chose the late summer Thunderhill instead, and I'm going to have to scramble to make that.  Bummed we missed the 5 mile course.  I love that track.

Last year our car was in Class C.  This year we were placed in Class B.  Big difference?  We adjusted our rear cambsr by 1/2° and gave the car a Smokey Yunick theme.  It doesn't matter.  We've never finished a Lemons race without a long brekdown/penalty delay/head-up-our-asses delay so we may as well be in Class A or Class AA for that matter.

Maximum Leader, Ruler for Life,
Dirty Rotten Cheating Bastards Racing

Last year our car was in Class C.  This year we were placed in Class B.  Big difference?  We adjusted our rear cambsr by 1/2° and gave the car a Smokey Yunick theme.  It doesn't matter.  We've never finished a Lemons race without a long brekdown/penalty delay/head-up-our-asses delay so we may as well be in Class A or Class AA for that matter.

Maximum Leader, Ruler for Life,
Dirty Rotten Cheating Bastards Racing