Topic: So This Isn't the Pinnacle of Road Racing

This is embarassinig.  I've done three races and I didn't know this.  I just got an email from Jay Lamm, and long story short, this ISN'T the 24 Hours of LeMans.  I coulda swore with the level of sophistication I've witnessed at work in these cars they HAD to be LeMans cars.  I thought "Index of Effluency" was simply a persistant misspelling of the prize's name.  A french misunderstanding of the English interpretation or something.

So it's Lemons, huh?  Or should I say, Lemons, or is it Citron?

God, this is embarassing.

Maximum Leader, Ruler for Life,
        Zombie Squad Racing

Re: So This Isn't the Pinnacle of Road Racing

It comes as a shock to a lot of people.

Mistake By The Lake Racing (MBTL) https://www.facebook.com/groups/MBTLracing/
88 Thunderbird "What's the word? Thunderbird!", "What's the Price? Thirty Twice!"
A&D: 2014 Sebrings at Sebring (NSF), 2014 NJMP2 Jurassic Park (SpeedyCop), 2012 Summit Point J30 (PiNuts)

Also embarrassing, this is my pinnacle of road racing.

Next you will tell me its not really 24 hours...........

2017 Thompson Motor Speedway #36 Sabrina Duncan Racing...... WTF.........
2016 Thompson Motor Speedway #36 Sabrina Duncan's Revenge, IOE Trophy, 5th Place 'C' Class 1977 Ford Pinto
2009 Stafford Motor Speedway #16 Team Teflon, 11th Place (overall) 1997 Saturn SL2

-SDR- wrote:

Next you will tell me its not really 24 hours...........

Uh, about that...

Maximum Leader, Ruler for Life,
        Zombie Squad Racing

Did you say the Pineapple of Road Racing?

The Pinochle of Real Racing™.

12X Loser - Delinquent Racing - '86 TRUMPACO Merkur - '17 Arse-Sweat, Sears Pointless, '16 Pointless, Vodden, Arse-Sweat, Button Turrible, Arse-Freeze - 2015 Vodden, Arse Freeze. '96 Ford Taurus SHO Skunk - '17 Vodden (Hope for the Future award - not me, the rookies), '15 Pointless, Button Turrible.

Well, it is really awkward when you run into a proper 24 Hours of LeMans driver at a race track in Vegas and have to try and explain you race in a satire of hers. "LeMon" does not translate well to French but "$500 clunkers trying to make the finish before falling apart" seems to come across decently.

-Robert, Party Sheep Racing
The Jerry Lundegaard GMAC Financing Award, Joliet 2013 [Cutlass Ciera w/ Iron Duke]
Now an Eta E30: Joliet Fall 2015 - got beat by a minivan, Gingerman Spring 2016 - still made of slow,
Joliet Summer 2016 - way too humid for a head swap, Gingerman Spring 2017 - less slow but still breaking cooling system