Re: Thompson roll call

The mid-engine Chevette will be there.    Same car, new team name.    Maximum Effort Motorsports.

Maximum Effort Motorsports - Mid-engine 1979 Chevette - Class C Winner - GP Du Lac Chargoggagoggmanchauggagoggchaubunagungamaugg
New England Long Winter Build Award - 2015
IOE Winner, Loudon Annoying 2011, Judges Choice - Loudon Annoying 2012
Class C & Least Horrible Yank Tank winner - Boston Tow Party & Overhead Cam Bake 2011

Lemontarians are in now with 3 pieces of crap.  One  Neon, One Citation and we added a Caddy Limo  (non Stretch)

Sputnik will be there. Still Sentra, sorry, all three new builds are half-way done and none are finished.

K Car Stalker

As seen on event page, no GoPros mounting on helmets at Thompson anymore. Which I'm perfectly ok with, I hate the shakycam look to video taken that way.

20+ Time Loser FutilityMotorsport
Abandoned E36 Build
2008 Saab 9-5Aero Wagon
Retired - 1989 Dodge Daytona Shelby 2011-2015 "Lifetime Award for Lack of Achievement" IOE, 3X I got screwed, Organizer's Choice

How does refueling work at Thompson?  Is it in the hot pits like NJMP or at your paddock spot like Gingerman?

Team Glue Sticks
00 Firebird, 02 X-Type, 93 NX2000, 00 Mazda 626 (Sold)
2016 NJMP Heroic Fix, 2017 NJMP Near Heroic Fix except we can't drive, 2017 Thompson I Got Screwed, 2019 Pitt Heroic Fix

Last year it was either in the hot pits, or at the pumps behind the garage.   If you use the pumps the driver needs to be out of the car, no working on the car during the fueling, and you can consider it a gas station (no gear or F.E. needed).   I don't remember if it was forbidden in the regular pits or not.

Bill

2020 I.O.E. CT #36 The Rootes Of All Evil,1958 Sunbeam Rapier Convertible (YES 1958!!) & 2019 Judges Choice NJMP
2016 Thompson Speedway #36 Sabrina Duncan's Revenge, IOE Trophy, 5th Place 'C' Class 1977 Ford Pinto
2009 Stafford Motor Speedway #16 Team Teflon, 11th Place (overall) 1997 Saturn SL2

Scooby Doobies have the Mystery Machine back together after the NJMP rear end smack, and in for Thompson. Our second car is finally finished and in for Thompson, maybe more of a shake-down run. Dan S. from the Swedish Mafia will be helping us out with driving duty...thanks Dan! Looking forward to seeing everyone there!

#9 Audi CQ Scooby Doo Car known as the Mystery Machine, #44 Audi 4KQ painted as a tribute car to the 1989 IMSA  car driven by Haywood, Stuck, and Rohrl, and the #95 Audi TT Lightning McQueen.

Mysterymachine wrote:

Scooby Doobies have the Mystery Machine back together after the NJMP rear end smack, and in for Thompson. Our second car is finally finished and in for Thompson, maybe more of a shake-down run. Dan S. from the Swedish Mafia will be helping us out with driving duty...thanks Dan! Looking forward to seeing everyone there!

I saw the in-car stuff but not the aftermath.  Glad the driver was OK and that you got the car back together.   It's a fast car, and that ain't no mystery......

Bill

2020 I.O.E. CT #36 The Rootes Of All Evil,1958 Sunbeam Rapier Convertible (YES 1958!!) & 2019 Judges Choice NJMP
2016 Thompson Speedway #36 Sabrina Duncan's Revenge, IOE Trophy, 5th Place 'C' Class 1977 Ford Pinto
2009 Stafford Motor Speedway #16 Team Teflon, 11th Place (overall) 1997 Saturn SL2

Mysterymachine wrote:

That's fantastic news! interested in the new car too!

Inspector Gadget 240sx is in for Thompson.

Gin and Tonic crew is in.  We''re on our third motor in as many races.  Hoping to break this pattern.

Glad to hear the Mystery machine is back together.  Looking forward to seeing the second car, too.

snuffy wrote:

Gin and Tonic crew is in.  We''re on our third motor in as many races.  Hoping to break this pattern.

Glad to hear the Mystery machine is back together.  Looking forward to seeing the second car, too.

Hope I dont miss you guys again.

https://www.facebook.com/greatglobsofoil/
This car....Is said to have a will of it's Own. Twisting its own body in rage...It accelerates on.
1978 Opel/Buick Isuzu(C>B>C>B) , 1996 Nissan Maxima OnlyFans (B) , Sold 1996 Ford Probe GT(B),

Mysterymachine wrote:

Awesome! I am glad to hear you got her back up and running again.

1992 Saturn SL2 (retired) - Elmo's Revenge -  Class B winner, Heroic Fix winner x2
1969 Rover P6B 3500S(sold) - Super G-Rover - I.O.E Winner, Class C Winner
1996 Saturn SW2 - Elmo's Revenge (reborn!), Saturn SL1  Dazzleshipm Class C x2 and IOE winner
1974 AMC Javelin - Oscar's Trash heap - IOE,”Organizer's Choice" and "I got Screwed" award winner

I hope you all are way ahead of my team with your car preparation for Thompson. I'm currently in my usual position with the Transaxle in pieces on my workbench trying to figure out what's up with the Alfas 1st gear. (Its not like I need it or anything) So in a nutshell team Pro Crash Duh Nation  is on schedule with our panic mode SOP.

So before I get back to work (drinking) I thought I'd toss something out there. For all of us deluded teams that are planning to run the test day on Friday (ya, right - like the car will be ready!).

Here's a thought:

If the track will let us we have run a passenger race seat with full belts so that any inexperienced or new team members can do a ride along with someone who pretends to know the track. It is a great idea and makes the newbie a hell of a lot safer on track. Some tracks have let us do it (Yay) and some have not (Boo - Hiss)

I'll try to contact the track to see what we can do but if anyone has the ear of the track management please ask about this.

See you all at the track

Greg

1987 Alfa Milano (Bellissima since 2008), Racing since 2008 Stafford Springs,  2nd overall 2011 NJMP, 4th at NHMS 2011, 2nd at Summit 2011, Into the wall hard at Stafford Springs 2011, 2nd at Monticello 2013, 3rd at NHMS 2013, 2nd at NHMS 2016. 2nd at NJMP 2018

25,000 racing miles in 32 races in 10 years. Yes its the same motor. Tell me again how Alfas suck? Update: Big moneyshift = new motor

I lose track of how each of these Test Days run.  Is this the track that only lets drivers registered for the Lemons event out?  I have a registered crew member that I want to send out (he's an experienced driver, just not registered at this event) and I'm thinking that won't happen.

At NJMP they pretty much let anyone out as long as they have safety equipment and are in a car that paid for test day.  NH charges per car plus per driver so there is no question there.

30 entries since 2009
#39 & #53 Overengineer'd Racing - Wilton, NH
http://www.facebook.com/nhlemons

41 (edited by Greg S 2017-08-07 02:12 PM)

I am pretty sure its everyone for the test day. I take the opportunity (If the car doesn't blow up) of giving the crew a little time in the car for all the work that they have contributed.

Even better if you have a safe seat and belts for a passenger.

Greg

1987 Alfa Milano (Bellissima since 2008), Racing since 2008 Stafford Springs,  2nd overall 2011 NJMP, 4th at NHMS 2011, 2nd at Summit 2011, Into the wall hard at Stafford Springs 2011, 2nd at Monticello 2013, 3rd at NHMS 2013, 2nd at NHMS 2016. 2nd at NJMP 2018

25,000 racing miles in 32 races in 10 years. Yes its the same motor. Tell me again how Alfas suck? Update: Big moneyshift = new motor

Greg S wrote:

Pro Crash Duh Nation is in with the Alfa (Angelina) Unfortunately I don't have enough crew to pull off our usual Pasta Fest party. We are going to save it for a bigger party at the NHMS race in October.

I have a list that resembles the Dead Sea Scrolls to get to for prep on the car so we are in usual panic mode. Despite hearing the Judges refer to the Alfa as the best sounding car in Lemons I have been trying to quiet her down a bit with a new exhaust system to give the team and myself a break from the glorious but incredibly loud noise of the Busso V6. So I bought a fancy expensive muffler and fabbed up a system - started Angelina up and she pegged the sound meter just as bad as before. This girl does not want to shut up. So its back to the drawing board.

Greg

No Pasta Party again?  ARG what are starving teams supposed to do now.  Bent Over is in with our e36  after it ate another Head gasket at NJMP.  Swear we should just put an M20 eta engine in it or an M42 back in it.

Any word on who the judges are this weekend?

Team Glue Sticks
00 Firebird, 02 X-Type, 93 NX2000, 00 Mazda 626 (Sold)
2016 NJMP Heroic Fix, 2017 NJMP Near Heroic Fix except we can't drive, 2017 Thompson I Got Screwed, 2019 Pitt Heroic Fix

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/Z1aBjVi4VeM/hqdefault.jpg

The Roto-Racer '89 Merkur:  If it ain't rusting, It ain't racing.

'14 Real Hoopties of NJ: Judges Choice

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=ha … ORM=VRDGAR

Hey guys, is anyone hitting their hotels on Thursday night? I'll be at the Hampton Inn in Auburn Massachusetts and wondering if anybody is staying there as well or nearby. I'll probably be up there around 5 so if anyone's interested in dinner hit me up.

Blackmaven MotorSports -  Supporting the United Leukodystrophy Foundation - www.ulf.org
FOR SALE! '68 Ford Cortina - BUY ME HERE!
'04 Mitsu in the works
BlackmavenMotorsports on Facebook

47 (edited by Greg S 2017-08-09 10:47 AM)

Red Lemons Racing wrote:
Greg S wrote:

Pro Crash Duh Nation is in with the Alfa (Angelina) Unfortunately I don't have enough crew to pull off our usual Pasta Fest party. We are going to save it for a bigger party at the NHMS race in October.

I have a list that resembles the Dead Sea Scrolls to get to for prep on the car so we are in usual panic mode. Despite hearing the Judges refer to the Alfa as the best sounding car in Lemons I have been trying to quiet her down a bit with a new exhaust system to give the team and myself a break from the glorious but incredibly loud noise of the Busso V6. So I bought a fancy expensive muffler and fabbed up a system - started Angelina up and she pegged the sound meter just as bad as before. This girl does not want to shut up. So its back to the drawing board.

Greg

No Pasta Party again?  ARG what are starving teams supposed to do now.  Bent Over is in with our e36  after it ate another Head gasket at NJMP.  Swear we should just put an M20 eta engine in it or an M42 back in it.

Unfortunately I just don't have the crew for it for this race. But stop in for a cold Peroni or show up when we tech I'll be pulling expressos and handing out pieces of our Italian Hero with Pellegrino.

I knew the Pasta party was out of control when 2 years ago at NHMS after we served about 250 people a Team showed up from the filling station outside the Track because they heard at the station that there was free dinner at the Track.

Greg

Just got the email from the track with garage assignments.  G & T crew is in #8.  We'll be around the paddock with the cart on Saturday after the checker flies, but we just might do a little sampling on Friday.  You know,  just to make sure with the proportions right.   Stop by for a taste.   Just don't tell the guys at the local filling stations.

Seem's Legit with our crappy Cavalier will see you on the track.

Mike E
Seems Legit Racing
#555 '95 Cavalier
#666 '96 Cavailier Z24

meyers0150 wrote:

Any word on who the judges are this weekend?

Me, Steve, with Jay playing occasional bad cop.  Be good, it looks like a large field this weekend.

Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.