Topic: Road Atlanta question

From: https://www.roadatlanta.com/track-info/ … oncessions

State of Georgia and Hall County law requires that alcohol may not be brought into our facility

Quoi??

#98 Oldsmobile Ninety-Eight - Class A car in the hands of a Class D team - MSR Houston IOE!

Re: Road Atlanta question

https://media.giphy.com/media/PRlEtYvEhRti8/giphy.gif

Yes, that's on the website and there are signs at the track as well. I haven't been in a few years but I'm pretty sure the Homer Simpson clip was filmed during the Petit.

There's one of those sort of signs entering NJMP too.  It always makes us laugh.  If anything, just use cups.

Chris from 3 Pedal Mafia

If you do inadvertently end up with some in your possession, remember not to make matters worse by keeping it and trying to sneak it out again. Dispose of it properly before leaving.

1982 MG Metro 1300: IOE 2015 Pacific Northworst GP, Longest Distance 2010 Cd'L Box Wine Country Classic
1980 KV Mini 1: Worst of Show and Fright Pig Supremo 2009 Concours d'Lemons
1978 H Special: Second-Round Elimination 2010 Lemons Pinewood Derby at Sears Pointless
1967 SAAB 96: IOE 2012 Pacific Northworst GP, Organizer's Choice 2022 Hell on Wheels California Rally

Yeah, and Burning Man doesn't allow drugs.

Tunachuckers: 15 Years of Effluency
'08 - '10: 1966 Volvo 122, "Charlie"
'10 - '18: 1975 Ford LTD Landau --> 2018 - current: Converted into 1950 "Plymford"
'22 - current: 1967 Volvo 122, "Charlie ]["

That way they can make more money selling the booze to people.

Racing 4 Nickels - 1989 Oldsmobile Cutlass Ciera
2011 SHOWROOM-SCHLOCK SHOOTOUT  IOE Winner
2012 The Chubba Cheddar Enduro Class C winner
Facebook Page

Most of the signs at tracks I believe are intended to prevent outside alcohol during major events because they will be selling it to spectators. Call it desire to make more money, or desire to control what's there and make sure it's all safe, either works. Events like Lemons they are not really selling much in the way of food/drink, so the level of caring is low.

As Sonic pointed out, NJ has the same signs, and I saw zero complaints from the staff. Plenty of us doing track walks friday night with a beer in hand.

I'm not sure NH has the same signs, but typically NASCAR rules are a little different...

20+ Time Loser FutilityMotorsport
Abandoned E36 Build
2008 Saab 9-5Aero Wagon
Retired - 1989 Dodge Daytona Shelby 2011-2015 "Lifetime Award for Lack of Achievement" IOE, 3X I got screwed, Organizer's Choice

No one cared about booze during cold-track conditions in freakin UTAH, I can't imagine the situation would be worse in Georgia. We had to bring properly high-octane beer from AZ to drink there. 3.2 doesn't get the job done smile

Tradewinds Tribesmen Racing (The road goes on forever…)
#289 1984 Corvette Z51 #124 1984 944 #110 2002 Passat
Gone but not forgotten, #427-Hong Kong Cavaliers Benz S500
IOE (Humber!) Hell on Wheels (Jaguar)

They are serious but not zealots looking for you, keep it in non nondescript cups and do not advertise

Homestead Chump 5th-Sebring 6th-PBIR Lemons 9th - Charlotte Chump  CrashnBurn 9th
Sebring 6th again -NOLA Chump 1st -PBIR Chump Trans Fail 16th
Daytona 11th - Sebring 6th - Atlanta Motor Speedway 2nd - Road Atlanta Trans Fail 61st-Road Atlanta 5th
Daytona 13th - Charlotte 9th - Sebring 2nd-Charlotte 25th broken brakes - Road Atlanta 14 10th-Daytona 14  58th- Humid TT 19th Judges' Choice!

Whats the stance on internal combustion powered margarita machines?

mgbgt89 wrote:

Whats the stance on internal combustion powered LEMONADE machines?

wink

Homestead Chump 5th-Sebring 6th-PBIR Lemons 9th - Charlotte Chump  CrashnBurn 9th
Sebring 6th again -NOLA Chump 1st -PBIR Chump Trans Fail 16th
Daytona 11th - Sebring 6th - Atlanta Motor Speedway 2nd - Road Atlanta Trans Fail 61st-Road Atlanta 5th
Daytona 13th - Charlotte 9th - Sebring 2nd-Charlotte 25th broken brakes - Road Atlanta 14 10th-Daytona 14  58th- Humid TT 19th Judges' Choice!

Currently at Road Atlanta. From here I can see a Budweiser billboard on the hill at the T11 bridge. The paddock grill sells beer.

Take that as you will. Or rather, bring that as you will (I hope).

Our Lady of Perpetual Downforce Faithful Devotee
Writer of novels and not-novels.