Topic: Volvo 850 Lemons veteran for sale

Early 90's vintage Volvo 850 wagon for sale.  6 time Lemons/Chump car veteran, with 3 finishes (including a true 24 hour in West Palm).  5 speed, a few sneaky cheaty bits we can't talk about here, and a pretty kick-ass junk yard suspension set up.  Handles and brakes great, but will need a new engine before either of those attributes can be fully appreciated.  Never failed tech. 

Lovely primer gray right now, so basically a blank canvas for some creative mind with a few cans of spray paint.  Gutted, custom cage, plexi windows, sunroof delete, pretty cool push button start and custom dash, and taking up space in my driveway.

Includes 3 complete sets of mounted tires (some never used), a bunch of spare crappy parts that are better off in your garage than mine, and a lingering aura of occasional glory and crushing failure.  Perfect for a new Lemons team just setting out with some basic mechanical skills and a reluctance to spend money on things like roll cages.

$1250 for the whole lot.  That's of course $250 for the car and $1000 for the safety equipment.  Pick up preferred, but I have a trailer and can work with any potential buyers on reasonable delivery terms.  Located between Mt. Airy and Westminster, MD.

Contact me directly for more information or pictures (like those will help):

Lemons@mikewirt.com

Re: Volvo 850 Lemons veteran for sale

Text me some pics? 610-312-4269

I also have a bunch of questions so hit me up

Update - Purchase price now includes a 2.3 turbo motor and a free motor stand with a wonky wheel.  Engine is in the truck bed and car is loaded on the trailer, so I am happy to negotiate delivery within a reasonable distance of the Baltimore/DC area.  Unreasonable distances also considered, as I could use a good road trip... 

Contact me directly at Lemons@mikewirt.com with questions, insults, etc.

Thanks!
-Mike

I have a bit of a thing for Volvo 850's. I sent you an email.

Bump.  Volvo 850 wagon.  Full Lemons spec cage, all possible extra weight stripped out short of cutting the roof off, blown 2.5 N/A motor under the hood for parts, and a replacement upgraded 2.3 turbo motor on a stand waiting to be installed by an intrepid crew with some mechanical skill and a love of junkyards. 

3 full sets of Direzzas on factory wheels (8X16 inch wheels, 4X15 inch wheels), custom side-exit exhaust that sounds AWESOME, 5 speed.

Needs windshield, seat, harness, etc. Raced 6 times, finished 3 races.  Quaife limited slip diff.  Custom junkyard suspension and homemade delrin motor mounts.  Handles and stops great, and very fun to drive.

$1250 firm, pick up preferred but can negotiate delivery within reasonable distance of zip 21776.  Also have a FireSense suppression system that I can incorporate into any price negotiations. 

Deal includes some really cool hood mounted snowplow lights, custom push button ignition, and tubs full of spare parts.  Former teammate was a Volvo mechanic, so most of the work done to the car was at least semi-professional.

Need this out of my driveway; if you are looking for a starter car you could do a lot worse...

Contact me directly for pics or more info: Lemons@mikewirt.com

Thanks!

Still available, now massively discounted!  Get this thing out of my driveway before things start growing in it.  $800, includes full cage (Passed Lemons and Chump tech multiple times), cheater turbo motor (you install), three sets of wheels/tires, loads of junky spare parts, etc.  See above for more details.  You will piss away plenty of time and money to get it race-worthy (so you won't be missing out on the true Lemons experience), but it will be way cheaper than starting from scratch.  More details in previous posts.  Although at $800 I am not delivering this thing more than 50 miles from 21776.

Has anyone done this theme? Because if the answer is no, then this must be rectified.

https://i.kinja-img.com/gawker-media/image/upload/s--aoMTw28v--/c_scale,fl_progressive,q_80,w_800/phawci8jalxcdauhaweu.jpg

12X Loser - Delinquent Racing - '86 TRUMPACO Merkur - '17 Arse-Sweat, Sears Pointless, '16 Pointless, Vodden, Arse-Sweat, Button Turrible, Arse-Freeze - 2015 Vodden, Arse Freeze. '96 Ford Taurus SHO Skunk - '17 Vodden (Hope for the Future award - not me, the rookies), '15 Pointless, Button Turrible.

Not quite:

https://scontent-iad3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/403570_4993588002622_819956456_n.jpg?oh=73ed016d7290ef2ac08021a74fede983&oe=5A0C02C7

It's now a nice primer grey, so you have a blank canvas to work with...

PS fire suppression system sold with another car, so that's no longer on the table...

Email sent