Topic: The V8olvo, former Lemons overall winner is for sale! SF Ca $2500

this is a badass Lemons car!  Check the article Phil wrote about it, by googling "someone put this race Volvo back on the street (wont let me link here)

The car blew a head gasket at the last race, maybe 1.5 years ago. Before that, I upgraded the brakes to 13 inch Brembros ($$$$) I put a completely new jegs wiring harness in the car, new GM style one wire alternator, new distributor, new tie rod ends and lower control arm mounts, upgrade the trans (was the weakest link of the car) to a 4 speed top loader ($2500, virtually indistructable) with new clutch and Tilton throwing bearing ($400).  I've probably spent $5-6k getting this thing in top shape before the head gasket went. 

I have a bunch of spares, wheels and tires, fuel bottles, most of the stuff you need to go racing which goes with the sale.

So, You either need to replace head gaskets or just get a longblock. I have two options for other motors, a 5.0 longblock for $375 or complete running 5.0 for $550 that I could turn you on to.

Keep in mind when this car was running it was as fast as the model T GT which is always a top finisher, but also very easy and fun to drive. Lots of torque for easy passing, you don't have to divebomb into corners.  We had wiring issues and gearbox issues hence why replacing all of those things to make it super reliable. I think the radiator cracked which forced the headgasket to go after one of the guys wasn't watching the gauges.  I think you could put stiffer springs in the front/maybe rear and go faster as well.

$2500 for the car and all the spares including another rebuilt T5 gearbox. Located in SF Ca

Email only two seats or less AT gmail

Can't seem to post pics will keep trying

Re: The V8olvo, former Lemons overall winner is for sale! SF Ca $2500

"Can't seem to post pics will keep trying"

You have to post at least 3 times before they let you bombard us with crap......
Usually it is just "BS post 1" and "BS post 2" and then you're good to go....
Hope this helps
Mike

20x Loser.....You'd think I would learn......
3x I.O.E  Winner   1 Heroic Fix Winner   1 Org Choice Winner
1  I Got Screwed Winner    1 Class C Winner
(Still a Class B driver in a Class A car)

Thanks Mike. I had a User name before but forgot it so had to sign up again. One more post til pics I guess

I am interested in the V8olvo, would like to talk to you about it.
Jack 408 510-1934

Did I just see the buyers of this car at Thunderhill? They were having a pretty good time when they weren't getting in trouble.

#44 VW Jetta "Ira Roth Be Damned"
Sears Pointless '17 (B)
#96 Silver Subaru Legacy Automatic w Orange Top
'16 Vodden the hell are we doing? (C) '15 & '16 Arse-freeze-apalooza (B)