Topic: 3 driver teams

I see in the rules you need 4 drivers, how do teams get away with 3 drivers.

Re: 3 driver teams

leondetweiler wrote:

I see in the rules you need 4 drivers, how do teams get away with 3 drivers.

Sign up someone with a valid Lemons license,as a "ghost driver"....I've done it...
Lemons doesn't care ,as long as they get the $$$

45+x Loser.....You'd think I would learn......
5x I.O.E  Winner   1 Heroic Fix Winner   1 Org Choice Winner
2x  I Got Screwed Winner    2x Class C Winner
(Still a Class B driver in a Class A car)

It happens. I've "misplaced" a driver once or twice.....

Greg

1987 Alfa Milano (Bellissima since 2008), Racing since 2008 Stafford Springs,  2nd overall 2011 NJMP, 4th at NHMS 2011, 2nd at Summit 2011, Into the wall hard at Stafford Springs 2011, 2nd at Monticello 2013, 3rd at NHMS 2013, 2nd at NHMS 2016. 2nd at NJMP 2018

25,000 racing miles in 32 races in 10 years. Yes its the same motor. Tell me again how Alfas suck? Update: Big moneyshift = new motor

2 man all day!

Owner of the Knights Templar Neon
A&D of middling proportions

I've seen only one show up, and we've run with three several times, but four have to be signed up and paid for.

Everybody grab your brooms, it's shenanigans!

Speaking from experience: If you have only 3 drivers, make sure you have some sort of comm system that works well enough to let ALL the other teammates know when to expect the guy coming in (even if it's an unscheduled pit).

I know one time we had a driver come into the pits unexpectedly because he was pooped only to find the pit completely empty. Our next driver was taking his time changing and I believe I was in the bathroom. If we had a fourth team member, that was wasted time we could have used to refuel the car (two people needed) or something else.

Myopic Motorsport's #888 Ceci n'est pas une Citron Thunderbird ("This is not a lemon" but a 1995 tbird w/ 93 V8 swap + shopping cart rear wing + engine mounted frito maker)
2017 Sears Pointless Organizer’s Choice
Frito Making Tbird from 2018 Sears Pointless Engine Heat BBQ - http://goo.gl/csaet4

We ran three at Thompson,  one of our drivers was unable to get away from his business.  Other three drivers were quite happy because of limited seat time at Thompson with short run time on Sunday.

Yeah, just sign up a ghost driver for your 4th.  Team do it all the time, mine included.

As for running with just three, sometimes it works out better to equal the stints, but it's sure nice to have a 4th to help with pit stops.

Captain
Team Super Westerfield Bros.
'93 Acura Integra - No VTEC Yo!