1 (edited by chaase 2017-08-14 06:19 AM)

Topic: Thompson was a blast!

I know half of you aren't even wake but just wanted to say I had a great time at Thompson this weekend. As usual, everyone was friendly and fun. It was just icing on the cake the Super Grover took home class C. The support we get and the love you all show for Grover is one of the reasons we keep her on the track.

I was out first thing Saturday morning racing and had a great time. The car was quite a handful to control at times so if I got a little too close, I am sorry. The theme of the morning was under-steer.

I know I cut off a car on the main straight pretty bad.  I was closing on one of the trucks too fast and I misjudged how much room I had. It was completely my fault. I am pretty sure it was car 808, Fools with Tools, I waved in inside the car to show it was my bad. I think they got the message because I got a thumbs up from the driver in turn 1. I stopped by your pit spot a couple of times but I didn't see anyone there.  If you are going to be at Loudon, I'll try to find you again.

1992 Saturn SL2 (retired) - Elmo's Revenge -  Class B winner, Heroic Fix winner x2
1969 Rover P6B 3500S(sold) - Super G-Rover - I.O.E Winner, Class C Winner
1996 Saturn SW2 - Elmo's Revenge (reborn!), Saturn SL1  Dazzleshipm Class C x2 and IOE winner
1974 AMC Javelin - Oscar's Trash heap - IOE,”Organizer's Choice" and "I got Screwed" award winner

Re: Thompson was a blast!

Well done!  Congrats on the class C win!

The Roto-Racer '89 Merkur:  If it ain't rusting, It ain't racing.

'14 Real Hoopties of NJ: Judges Choice

Hello to all we had a great time with the DRVOLKS  Beetle TDI  Great time and Thank you to Lemon for putting on a class A show.
Bob Mann

Grover is one of my favorite cars. Nice job on the class C win!

Nuthin' but a Z Thang -  1976 Datsun 280Z

Congrats to one of my favorite cars.  Manny was supposed to show me the improved pulley setup, but we got busy saturday , both early and late sad

Silent But Deadly Racing-  Ricky Bobby's Laughing Clown Malt Liquor Thunderbird , Datsun 510, 87 Mustang (The Race Team Formerly Known as Prince), 72 Pinto Squire waggy, Parnelli Jones 67 Galaxie, Turbo Coupe Surf wagon.(The Surfin Bird), Squatting Dogs In Tracksuits,  Space Pants!  Roy Fuckin Kent and The tribute to a tribute to a tribute THUNDERBIRD/ SUNDAHBADOH!

Sir Thomas Crapper wrote:

Congrats to one of my favorite cars.  Manny was supposed to show me the improved pulley setup, but we got busy saturday , both early and late sad

Sorry he missed you. We are planning on bringing Grover to Loudon so hopefully you can check it out then.

1992 Saturn SL2 (retired) - Elmo's Revenge -  Class B winner, Heroic Fix winner x2
1996 Saturn SW2 - Elmo's Revenge (reborn!), Saturn SL1  Dazzleshipm Class C x2 and IOE winner
1974 AMC Javelin - Oscar's Trash heap - IOE,”Organizer's Choice" and "I got Screwed" award winner

pseudosport
Were you backed up into the wall near the end of the race in turn 9?
That looked like a Datsun but i couldn't be sure. Hope it wasn't serious if it was you...
Manny (from Super GRover)

Congrats Manny and the GRover crew.  We'll review the video.  I think we got some footage of GRover with the right front wheel 4 inches of the ground through turn 4. 

I think that was #281 Datsun at the end of the day.  I saw it come in on the flatbed missing a right rear wheel.

The G&T crew had yet another character building weekend.  Among other things, we lost fourth gear on the first lap on Saturday.  The gearbox completely packed up 30 minutes later.  we lost 6 hours of track time Saturday to a round trip back home for a spare gearbox, removal, installation, etc.  The spare had a bad 3rd gear synchro that we just decided to live with for the rest of the weekend. 

We still made it around the paddock Saturday PM with the G&T cart.

Such a fantastic car, congrats on the C win. I wish I'd got a photo of it but there was some seriously alarming geometry going on with the front suspension out of the hairpin bend near the track parking. The nose up in the air and both front wheels almost entirely folded under! Awesome big_smile

Broke Motorsports had a great weekend in class a with the red golf and b class with the Tercel.  some small issues on both cars but the Tercel was able to finish for the first time after a dnf in nj.  Golf ran strong till it sprung a coolant leak late sunday causing hg failure.

Thanks to everyone for an awesome race weekend!

959 Toyota Tercel   6x Lemons loser

New England Area roll cages send me an email I'm in Central MA

I had a blast chasing down the Grover in the Bluesmobile late in the day on Sunday. It was hilarious watching the front end jack towards the sky. Congrats on the class win, good racing with you!

-Pat

Interceptor Motorsports
351w Foxy T-Bird - Class B Winner!, 440 Bluesmobile - Judges Choice, Org Choice & IOE!, Camero, Fuego Turbo - Heroic Fix & IOE!

I was hoping to catch up with the Blues bros.....What a blast at the end of Sunday, Dicing it up with ya'all, the Caddy, the Pinto(my Teammate), and Yuri's Opel. At one point we were all nose to tail for a few laps.....Just Plain Awsome! hope someone go a pic of the lineup.

Congrats to Super Grover :-) was excited to see you guys win :-) can not wait for Loudon to see you guys again!

a lethal overdose of brick wall, taken while under the influence of a Ferrari and a bottle of tequila.

Across the spectrum of classes, no one has worked more than Manny + Hasse + Nate + the team's crew for for a very deserved class win. If you add in all the contributions that they made for other teams unselfishly, this is the team to pay attention to. Many others including myself would have abandoned the Rover idea, but your sticktoitiveness paid off.   Take a rest for while, I know you won't.

'17 /  '16 Nj - Ct  - NH,  "15 - There Goes the Neighborhood, Doin Time in Joliet, Ct, NH     
'14 / '13 / '12 / '11 - Halloween Hooptifest, The Real Hoopties of NJ, There Goes the Neighborhood
'10 + 09 Boston Toe Party and Overhead Cam Bake - IOE at Toe Party
Other distractions including  K1200RS,  99 Speed Triple,  65 Corvair 455ci,  65 Corvair Corsa,  84 633csi, 85 XR4Ti Rapido, 01 e46 Touring

Is anyone from the "Feel The Bern" team here or know them? Their theme had my guys rolling, I'll do pretty much anything for a Bernies Bernouts t-shirt.

Interceptor Motorsports
351w Foxy T-Bird - Class B Winner!, 440 Bluesmobile - Judges Choice, Org Choice & IOE!, Camero, Fuego Turbo - Heroic Fix & IOE!

Across the spectrum of classes, no one has worked more than Manny + Hasse + Nate + the team's crew for for a very deserved class win. If you add in all the contributions that they made for other teams unselfishly, this is the team to pay attention to. Many others including myself would have abandoned the Rover idea, but your sticktoitiveness paid off.   Take a rest for while, I know you won't.

Thank you for the kind words.
Manny

Congrats!!!

You knew what you needed to do to win and you did it.

Bill

2020 I.O.E. CT #36 The Rootes Of All Evil,1958 Sunbeam Rapier Convertible (YES 1958!!) & 2019 Judges Choice NJMP
2016 Thompson Speedway #36 Sabrina Duncan's Revenge, IOE Trophy, 5th Place 'C' Class 1977 Ford Pinto
2009 Stafford Motor Speedway #16 Team Teflon, 11th Place (overall) 1997 Saturn SL2

Congrats to you and the entire team Manny! It was a blast to see you guys up on the wheel lap after lap...always a clean smooth line but right on the ragged edge!...I giggled many times as I pondered the oxymoronic nature of the Super Grover racecar blitzing around in 1st place. I'm thinking now that you guys have pulled off such a challenge maybe you should consider trying to run that engine on Stover...you could be the "Super Grover that runs on Stover". It has been considered as a fuel source you know...

See you guys at Loudon!
Scott

#9 Audi CQ Scooby Doo Car known as the Mystery Machine, #44 Audi 4KQ painted as a tribute car to the 1989 IMSA  car driven by Haywood, Stuck, and Rohrl, and the #95 Audi TT Lightning McQueen.

Congrats to Manny and the gang with the win in grover! Flint water authority #82 had a great weekend till two axles gave things up Sunday morning. Hopefully our focus stayed out of everyone''s way enough saturday to not be too annoying. Around 5 or 5:30 we were black flagged for mystery contact that no one could confirm. I was driving, didn't feel or see anything, no one in the penalty box nor our team could find any damage or even a paint rub on our car, and I didn't catch the car number in question, so we were a bit at a loss. If we hit anyone please get in touch so we can make up for it!

20 (edited by chaase 2017-08-15 06:24 AM)

adamspn wrote:

Congrats to Manny and the gang with the win in grover! Flint water authority #82 had a great weekend till two axles gave things up Sunday morning. Hopefully our focus stayed out of everyone''s way enough saturday to not be too annoying. Around 5 or 5:30 we were black flagged for mystery contact that no one could confirm. I was driving, didn't feel or see anything, no one in the penalty box nor our team could find any damage or even a paint rub on our car, and I didn't catch the car number in question, so we were a bit at a loss. If we hit anyone please get in touch so we can make up for it!

At least for my stint, you guys were driving just fine. I didn't have any problems getting around you safely.

To my brothers from upstate,
It was great to see the focus back in action.....
Hit me up and let me know about Louden i would love to see ya'all again.

Manny

Scott,
Thank You for "Lending" me the jack stands.....
Also thank you for the fuel cell....It will go to good use.

Manny

Mkotzias wrote:

pseudosport
Were you backed up into the wall near the end of the race in turn 9?
That looked like a Datsun but i couldn't be sure. Hope it wasn't serious if it was you...
Manny (from Super GRover)

That must have been the white 280zx. Hopefully they are OK and can get the car patched up. We got hit once on Saturday but the other team came over an apologized and nothing major was damaged so all is well.

Nuthin' but a Z Thang -  1976 Datsun 280Z

The Five Dollar Quartet thanks everyone who helped get our #281 Datsun 3-wheeler loaded up on Sunday afternoon. Elvis felt great with fresh brakes and a driveshaft until he broke a hip and wound up in the grass staring at the right rear across the track. We rolled the King back into the garage on a sectioned furniture dolly and got the truck and trailer to U-Haul by midnight.

Congratulations to the Bazinga! 300ZX team for taking B! We were fortunate to have your Z knowledge right next door on our first outing.

Had an amazing weekend.  This was Team Altimate Warrior's first outing in a new car with all rookie drivers.  We blew the engine 15 minutes into practice on Friday, found a junk yard engine and get in installed in time to make the green flag on Sat.  Other then a power steering leak issue that cost us a couple of hours on Sat the car ran great.

Hopefully we stayed out of the way of the rest of you faster guys, the bright orange rear end probably made us easy to spot. 

We will be back at NH, already looking forward to it! 

Congrats to all of the winners and thanks to everyone who offered advice and made us feel welcome.  Great group of people all weekend!

NISMorons - 2002 Nissan Altima, VQ35de, 6-speed // 1990 Infiniti M30
https://www.facebook.com/AltimateWarrior/