Topic: 2018 Schedule?

Can someone point me to next year's schedule?  I need to plan ahead for next year.  Thanks!

Re: 2018 Schedule?

Doesn't exist yet, tends to come out oct-nov.  Most races tend to end up about the same time each year.

Racing 4 Nickels - 1989 Oldsmobile Cutlass Ciera
2011 SHOWROOM-SCHLOCK SHOOTOUT  IOE Winner
2012 The Chubba Cheddar Enduro Class C winner
Facebook Page

Ok thanks.  Can you point me to the 2017 schedule?

Takuwind wrote:

Ok thanks.  Can you point me to the 2017 schedule?

Go here....scroll down the page....

https://24hoursoflemons.com/

Tells you all you need to know...

45+x Loser.....You'd think I would learn......
5x I.O.E  Winner   1 Heroic Fix Winner   1 Org Choice Winner
2x  I Got Screwed Winner    2x Class C Winner
(Still a Class B driver in a Class A car)

Ok thanks.  I was looking on the "Schedule" page, which ironically does not have the schedule.

Yea the new website schedule is weird. I liked the one page per year thing. Quicker to look up.

Mistake By The Lake Racing (MBTL)
88 Thunderbird "THUNDERBIRDS ARE GO!", Ex Astris, Rubigo / Semper Fracti
A&D: 2014 Sebrings at Sebring (NSF), 2014 NJMP2 Jurassic Park (SpeedyCop), 2012 Summit Point J30 (PiNuts)
2018 Route Sucky-Suck Rally Miata, 2019 World Tour Of Texas 64 Newport

Can we please NOT have NJMP on Mothers day... also love to race at Summit point. Thank you.

"get up and get your grandma outta here"

I think mothers day is when we can get to NJMP and Summit point had lots of problems every year.  Many with wild life.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0TS0Ve1sUL8

Facebook Page

BoB wrote:

I think mothers day is when we can get to NJMP and Summit point had lots of problems every year.  Many with wild life.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0TS0Ve1sUL8

Wow.... Wish I could say that's never happened to me... Had back to back years with hits... not on a track thou.
That said I'll take the chance.

There's always a mothers day and fathers day race. It's when tracks are cheap.

I'd love to go back to Shenandoah, but the big risk isn't on me or you, it's on Jay and the Insurance Company. Fun as it is, that track is just too tight, and the runoff for the carousel is solid concrete.

A&D: 2014 Sebrings at Sebring (NSF), 2014 NJMP2 Jurassic Park (SpeedyCop), 2012 Summit Point J30 (PiNuts)

Guildenstern wrote:

I'd love to go back to Shenandoah, but the big risk isn't on me or you, it's on Jay and the Insurance Company. Fun as it is, that track is just too tight, and the runoff for the carousel is solid concrete.

well perhaps the cut the field at 60-70 and not let 120 people enter.

Mr.Yuck wrote:
Guildenstern wrote:

Or we could push for Dominion instead...if you are trying to do something very local.

guilty187 wrote:
Mr.Yuck wrote:
Guildenstern wrote:

Or we could push for Dominion instead...if you are trying to do something very local.

Dominion is full of the hard stuff I hear and depending on traffic it could take longer.. BUT We'd likely do both if available.

Give us a full 24 Hr race within a 12 hour tow from St Louis...thats all.

Apocalyptic Racing - Occupy Pit Lane racing
Racing the "Toylet" Toyota Celica powered by Chevrolet Ecotec.
24x Loser with the Celica. 16x loser in other fine machines
Overall winner Gingerman 2019

15 (edited by anacar312 2017-08-25 08:32 AM)

As long as people are making requests and comments for 2018....
Looking at Gingerman April 2018 for our second race (team TriLam).... to the powers that be, if there is any way to make it any other weekend other than April 21/22.... that is the one business trip a year I can't miss. I will make an extra contribution to the bribe box if we can race April 7/8 or April 14/15.

Oh, and if we could ever get to race at Road America, oh man, that would be so awesome.

Team "Tri Lam Motorsports"
e46 325i

Um, those of use that race early April at Gingerman would not applaud the first weekend of that month.

anacar312 wrote:

Oh, and if we could ever get to race at Road America, oh man, that would be so awesome.

I would also love to see Lemons return to RA. It's a great track. Problem is, it's also quite expensive to race there. Getting an affordable date to race there would require either holding the race during the week (like the Monday-Tuesday race in '12) or holding the race very early or very late in the season (like the November race in '13).
Also, the midwest region for what ever reason doesn't support a RA race. I don't know if it was the travel distance or the odd ball dates or what, but both previous times that Lemons raced there had a low number of cars show up. And sadly, low car counts tend to mean we don't go back to that track.

Fourteen time loser. You'd think I'd know better by now.

Maverick74 wrote:
anacar312 wrote:

I would also love to see Lemons return to RA. It's a great track. Problem is, it's also quite expensive to race there. Getting an affordable date to race there would require either holding the race during the week (like the Monday-Tuesday race in '12) or holding the race very early or very late in the season (like the November race in '13).
Also, the midwest region for what ever reason doesn't support a RA race. I don't know if it was the travel distance or the odd ball dates or what, but both previous times that Lemons raced there had a low number of cars show up. And sadly, low car counts tend to mean we don't go back to that track.

Yet somehow WRL gets a favorable weekend and runs with around 70 cars. They did share Friday practice with gridlife but that's not a big deal.

Apocalyptic Racing - Occupy Pit Lane racing
Racing the "Toylet" Toyota Celica powered by Chevrolet Ecotec.
24x Loser with the Celica. 16x loser in other fine machines
Overall winner Gingerman 2019

WRL also has a bunch of corporate sponsors. Who knows how much it Really costs for a weekend.

We've run there before but part of the problem might be getting a weekend and not being to close to the tracks that have been supporting us for years.  Both Gingerman and Autobahn CC seem to have been really good to us and supportive.  I'm sure to be good the tracks that treat us well and not cancel all our dates with them.

Facebook Page

Please one more New England race.  we only have 3 races and their all big turnout,  we will do more!

959 Toyota Tercel   6x Lemons loser

New England Area roll cages send me an email I'm in Central MA

Summit Point is extraordinarily unlikely to happen again. So is Road America.

Last I talked to Jeff (last weekend), they are looking at making a couple of changes to juggle some conflicts that happened this year.

Eric Rood
Everything Bagel, 24 Hours of Lemons
eric@24hoursoflemons.com

I put it in the OUR CRAPPY RACE section, but the schedule will be out this week.

Eric Rood
Everything Bagel, 24 Hours of Lemons
eric@24hoursoflemons.com

WoOOOOOOOOOoooooo!

Talking to Jay he said that people have been hounding him about an east coast 24 hour race. I wouldn't expect to see one in 2018, but he did seem to imply that at some point it might need to happen just to prove to everyone how terrible they are. I'd sign up in a heartbeat, knowing full well just how miserable it would probably be. But I need to say I've done it once.

The above is not a confirmation of anything, just something we talked about briefly. For good reason HQ hates running full 24 hours races.

20+ Time Loser FutilityMotorsport
Abandoned E36 Build
2008 Saab 9-5Aero Wagon
Retired - 1989 Dodge Daytona Shelby 2011-2015 "Lifetime Award for Lack of Achievement" IOE, 3X I got screwed, Organizer's Choice