Topic: Thompson 76 Del Sol vs. 461 Stang

Anyone catch car 461 white stang (stupid looking pink spoiler) spin and back into car 76 (Sexy looking Del Sol) on turn 9 Saturday @~ 10:30 near the big hill at Thompson?

Asking for a friend.

-Dan
#76 Del Sol Train

Re: Thompson 76 Del Sol vs. 461 Stang

Dante was driving with them.  He loves to spin.  Just sayin...

Thanks for sharing your totally not gay rum punch Saturday night at the bonfire.  It was tasty.

Silent But Deadly Racing-  Ricky Bobby's Laughing Clown Malt Liquor Thunderbird , Datsun 510, 87 Mustang (The Race Team Formerly Known as Prince), 72 Pinto Squire waggy, Parnelli Jones 67 Galaxie, Turbo Coupe Surf wagon.(The Surfin Bird), Squatting Dogs In Tracksuits,  Space Pants!  Roy Fuckin Kent and The tribute to a tribute to a tribute THUNDERBIRD/ SUNDAHBADOH!

around 15:30

https://youtu.be/AvdxJLL4QKs

Silent But Deadly Racing-  Ricky Bobby's Laughing Clown Malt Liquor Thunderbird , Datsun 510, 87 Mustang (The Race Team Formerly Known as Prince), 72 Pinto Squire waggy, Parnelli Jones 67 Galaxie, Turbo Coupe Surf wagon.(The Surfin Bird), Squatting Dogs In Tracksuits,  Space Pants!  Roy Fuckin Kent and The tribute to a tribute to a tribute THUNDERBIRD/ SUNDAHBADOH!

dsrogers123 wrote:

Anyone catch car 461 white stang (stupid looking pink spoiler) spin and back into car 76 (Sexy looking Del Sol) on turn 9 Saturday @~ 10:30 near the big hill at Thompson?

Asking for a friend.

-Dan
#76 Del Sol Train

Geez, they bitch about our big wing.  Now they bitch about our spoiler.  Just can't please these people.

"She's a brick house" 57th out of 121 and 5th in Class C, There Goes the Neighborhood 2013
"PA Posse" 21st out of 96 and 2nd in Class C, Capitol Offense 2013.
"PA Posse" 29th out of 133 and Class C WINNER, Halloween Hooptiefest 2013
"PA Posse" 33rd out of 151 and 2nd in Class C, The Real Hoopties 2013

that was an interesting spin. Just saying...

https://www.facebook.com/greatglobsofoil/
This car....Is said to have a will of it's Own. Twisting its own body in rage...It accelerates on.
1978 Opel/Buick Isuzu(C>B>C>B) , 1996 Nissan Maxima OnlyFans (B) , Sold 1996 Ford Probe GT(B),

While the spin itself certainly makes no sense, even more interesting than the spin, was the Civic driver who drove right at the incident and never even thought to slow down lol.

#33 Ford Festiva - We Are Not Really From Iran (Retired)
#928 Porsche 928 - West German Pushrodders (Retired)
#3 BMW E36 - The Internet says this is correct

Indeed. The camera car and the Del Sol are running even when the spin starts. Camera car slows down, lets it happen, downshifts, picks his way through. Del Sol not so much.

(Note: I know a lot about making mistakes on track. Because I have made so many.)

25X Loser - Delinquent Racing - '86 Rust-Tite Merkur - 9 years (when do I get to stop?).

To be fair, it looked like the Del Sol locked them up before he got clipped, but he definitely hit the hooks pretty late.

Owner of the Knights Templar Neon
A&D of middling proportions

I'll give you both drivers explanations.

Mustang driver thought that the car to his right was turning in on him.  His reaction coupled with the crest of the hill started the spin counter-clockwise.  I believe his attempt to counter-steer and then the back tires hitting the grass cause the clockwise spin.

Del Sol driver said the brake pedal went to the floor, which caught him by great surprise since he had brakes up until then.

"She's a brick house" 57th out of 121 and 5th in Class C, There Goes the Neighborhood 2013
"PA Posse" 21st out of 96 and 2nd in Class C, Capitol Offense 2013.
"PA Posse" 29th out of 133 and Class C WINNER, Halloween Hooptiefest 2013
"PA Posse" 33rd out of 151 and 2nd in Class C, The Real Hoopties 2013

racinrob wrote:

Mustang driver thought that the car to his right was turning in on him.  His reaction coupled with the crest of the hill started the spin counter-clockwise.  I believe his attempt to counter-steer and then the back tires hitting the grass cause the clockwise spin.

Del Sol driver said the brake pedal went to the floor, which caught him by great surprise since he had brakes up until then.

As the performer of said weird spin, Rob is on the money.  Coupled with a propensity of that mustang to start to slide the rear under braking.  Most of the race we avoided braking while turning for exactly that reason.   I though the blue Volvo was not going to leave enough room for me in the corner after I had already set up into the turn.   When I realized that I got hard on the brake pedal mid-turn and the car came around on me. I immediately came in, told the judges that it was completely my fault, and identified the Del Sol as a victim.  I talked the the driver of the Del sol afterward, apologized, and I was glad to hear it wasn't a race ending collision for them.

I didn't chose the spin life, the spin life chose me.
https://scontent-lga3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/10424257_287480914772587_3863535221534277940_n.jpg?oh=b38bd3197345c7c068165650581d3425&oe=5A317A02

The Roto-Racer '89 Merkur:  If it ain't rusting, It ain't racing.

'14 Real Hoopties of NJ: Judges Choice

Drdanteiii wrote:
racinrob wrote:

As the performer of said weird spin, Rob is on the money.  Coupled with a propensity of that mustang to start to slide the rear under braking.  Most of the race we avoided braking while turning for exactly that reason.   I though the blue Volvo was not going to leave enough room for me in the corner after I had already set up into the turn.   When I realized that I got hard on the brake pedal mid-turn and the car came around on me. I immediately came in, told the judges that it was completely my fault, and identified the Del Sol as a victim.  I talked the the driver of the Del sol afterward, apologized, and I was glad to hear it wasn't a race ending collision for them.

I didn't chose the spin life, the spin life chose me.
https://scontent-lga3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/10424257_287480914772587_3863535221534277940_n.jpg?oh=b38bd3197345c7c068165650581d3425&oe=5A317A02

Just remember moving forward:

In a spin, both feet in!

#33 Ford Festiva - We Are Not Really From Iran (Retired)
#928 Porsche 928 - West German Pushrodders (Retired)
#3 BMW E36 - The Internet says this is correct

Thanks for the vid Crapper! And yes, I swore I tried to slow down before this but my brakes were ineffective, I think I panicked pumped a time or two and they came to life. Seems like only our left rear locked up.