Re: cmp fall extravaganza, who's in

The EL Rauncho will be there and looking forward to it.

OLD DUDES of R&R Racing and the Holdme Moonme Ranchero

27 (edited by jraisor3 2017-08-28 11:14 AM)

This will be Team G.O.A.T first Lemons race ever and through a bizarre series of car swaps that led us to learning about this race we will be driving the NSF 67 Tempest (GTO) that ran this race last year. Super pumped and hope we are able to make it both days without blowing something up.

History of the car in one year.

*NSF Ran it in this race last year
*sold the car to someone (who i assume had no clue this car was a swamp monster with a 301 transplant heart)
*that person traded it to a person here in St. Augustine for a TJ Jeep
*i happened upon the car sitting in the dudes yard while looking at another LeMans he had sitting in a garage
*offered him a trade straight up for a rusted out unibody roller 68 Firebird that i pulled a 400 motor and th350 tranny from for my 67 firebird
*Trade accepted.
*started looking up 24 hours of Lemons from the stickers all over the car
*got hooked
* dropped stupid cash
*put together a team of total rookies.

Justin
Dixie Wrecked Racing
90 BMW 325i / Ford 302 and other janky crap

28 (edited by yodogg 2017-08-28 12:32 PM)

RetroRacing will be back at CMP. The Super! Beetle is just about ready to rumble. Missing the spring race was tough, but we can't wait to see everyone in a couple weeks.

RetroRacing-1973 Super! Beetle
Nine Finger Drifters- 1982 te72 Toyota Corolla Wagon (BEAMS PWRD!)
My one man show: G. D. Yo-Man: No! YOU Ams Da A&&hole!
2010 CMP Fall-Judges' Choice, 2014 Barber-DFL and I Got Screwed!, 3X- You Talk Shit Better Than You Race (YTSBTYR) Award, 2017 NCM- IOE (thanks, Speedy!), 2018 Inde-Heroic Fix, 2019 Inde-Winner C Class

yodogg wrote:

RetroRacing will be back at CMP. The Super! Beetle is just about ready to rumble. Missing the spring race was tough, but we can't wait to see everyone in a couple weeks.

Any chance you missed the spring race because you were adding a muffler?  smile

Captain
Team Super Westerfield Bros.
'93 Acura Integra - No VTEC Yo!

I usually race out of the Midwest but will be attending the race (team Butt Sweat and Beers).  Anyone know the general paddock situation.  Are there any open air spots that are paved or are all the open air paddock spots grass?  Thank for any input.  I called the track but the only person on staff there couldn't answer the question.

Multiple Entries - Best Finish CMP Fall 2017 - 9th Overall - 1993 BMW 325
Lemons cars: 1983 VW Rabbit, 1993 BMW 325, 1988 BMW 325e

JimHugger wrote:

I usually race out of the Midwest but will be attending the race (team Butt Sweat and Beers).  Anyone know the general paddock situation.  Are there any open air spots that are paved or are all the open air paddock spots grass?  Thank for any input.  I called the track but the only person on staff there couldn't answer the question.

All the open air spots are grass/sand.

Captain
Team Super Westerfield Bros.
'93 Acura Integra - No VTEC Yo!

Team Fairlylame will be missing this one for the first time since 2013. Good luck to all of our friends!

Team Fairlylame
HumidiTT '14 IOE Winner

VKZ24 wrote:
yodogg wrote:

Any chance you missed the spring race because you were adding a muffler?  smile

A what? I'm not sure what that is? wink

2010 CMP Fall-Judges' Choice, 2014 Barber-DFL and I Got Screwed!, 3X- You Talk Shit Better Than You Race (YTSBTYR) Award, 2017 NCM- IOE (thanks, Speedy!), 2018 Inde-Heroic Fix, 2019 Inde-Winner C Class

Wait where's the Dirt will be back for our second race.... hoping for more than 9 laps this time.

10 laps FTW!

I put a batch of apricot wheat beer in a keg last night, so I'll have that and a keg of red ale. Robert will probably have a keg or two as well, maybe some jalapeno ale.

Everybody grab your brooms, it's shenanigans!

rmcdaniels wrote:

10 laps FTW!

I put a batch of apricot wheat beer in a keg last night, so I'll have that and a keg of red ale. Robert will probably have a keg or two as well, maybe some jalapeno ale.

Are there any innovations to the electric car? Or are you guys back on dino juice?

Our Lady of Perpetual Downforce Faithful Devotee
Writer of novels and not-novels.

The electric car is undergoing a lot of changes. I'm converting it to a series-hybrid using a large HF portable generator, a massive custom-built programmable charger, and large banks of super capacitors. I'm currently waiting for the charger to pass QA, where they are programming it and setting up a test lab environment to simulate what we plan on doing with it on track. It's taking a long time. I really wanted to have it at this race, but it won't be ready in time, so we're bringing the Mercedes 240D that we ran at NCM,

rmcdaniels wrote:

The electric car is undergoing a lot of changes. I'm converting it to a series-hybrid using a large HF portable generator, a massive custom-built programmable charger, and large banks of super capacitors. I'm currently waiting for the charger to pass QA, where they are programming it and setting up a test lab environment to simulate what we plan on doing with it on track. It's taking a long time. I really wanted to have it at this race, but it won't be ready in time, so we're bringing the Mercedes 240D that we ran at NCM,

Nice. Can't wait to see the next iteration of old sparky but glad you guys are running something else since it's not ready.

Our Lady of Perpetual Downforce Faithful Devotee
Writer of novels and not-novels.

ViridianVixen wrote:

Lowballers will be there. As for cars, I dunno? Which ever we get around to making run? I think right now the current list is: The Hooptiecorn, The SL, and in theory the Missing Linc. Plus picnic table, plus a new paddock vehicle. Hopefully we will be stepping up our theme game on this race! Open to ideas! LOL!

There is of course, more than one theme option for the Missing Linc. However, none would be better than painting it red and doing this:

https://www.facebook.com/swedishdicks

Hopefully Hurricane Irma doesn't derail CMP.  I've been waiting 6 months for this.

Eric, no way, by Friday it will be long gone.   Plus, we race as long as there is no lightning.  You have a Subaru, nothing to worry about!

Chris from 3 Pedal Mafia

Sonic wrote:

You have a Subaru, nothing to worry about!

Including winning!

Guibo Grabbers will be there. Anyone know if Mike is bringing the Coronas 300E? Was hoping to run 3-wide Mercs with the Lowballers' SL.

Giubo Grabbers #190 - 91 Mercedes 190E
2016 CMP Fall South "Heroic Fix" Winner

We'll be there in the 240D, four wide?

Just wanted to ping this list to remind everyone to sign up for the BBQ shenanigans at CMP.  There is a thread already going!

Glad to see the tempest making a comeback, jraisor

Fairlylame, I shed a tear reading your post.

As for McD, your jalapeño ale is what got me hooked on micros a few years back. A thousand thanks for bringing it back!

Head of Estate
/) come monday motorsports /)

Kick at the darkness until it bleeds daylight.