Re: 2018 Schedule?

TheEngineer wrote:

Talking to Jay he said that people have been hounding him about an east coast 24 hour race. I wouldn't expect to see one in 2018, but he did seem to imply that at some point it might need to happen just to prove to everyone how terrible they are. I'd sign up in a heartbeat, knowing full well just how miserable it would probably be. But I need to say I've done it once.

The above is not a confirmation of anything, just something we talked about briefly. For good reason HQ hates running full 24 hours races.

He lets too much time pass between them.  I'm already forgetting how horrible the last one was.  The hour of sleep, 100 degrees during the day, the team forgetting that I was out there and all going to sleep, making me have to wake them up because I was running out of gas.  All fading away and just remember lap after lap of racing wheel to wheel with a racevan in the dark.

Racing 4 Nickels - 1989 Oldsmobile Cutlass Ciera
2011 SHOWROOM-SCHLOCK SHOOTOUT  IOE Winner
2012 The Chubba Cheddar Enduro Class C winner
Facebook Page

BoB wrote:
TheEngineer wrote:

Talking to Jay he said that people have been hounding him about an east coast 24 hour race. I wouldn't expect to see one in 2018, but he did seem to imply that at some point it might need to happen just to prove to everyone how terrible they are. I'd sign up in a heartbeat, knowing full well just how miserable it would probably be. But I need to say I've done it once.

The above is not a confirmation of anything, just something we talked about briefly. For good reason HQ hates running full 24 hours races.

He lets too much time pass between them.  I'm already forgetting how horrible the last one was.  The hour of sleep, 100 degrees during the day, the team forgetting that I was out there and all going to sleep, making me have to wake them up because I was running out of gas.  All fading away and just remember lap after lap of racing wheel to wheel with a racevan in the dark.

I have not forgotten.  If you have one, I will come, drink beer, point and laugh.  Then Uber to a hotel, return well rested and repeat.

I"ll also vote for RA to be back on the menu for next year...but I also understand what a request that is. 

I need nice long straights to explode....I mean...wind out my big smogger V8 in the vette.

Team Sucker Punch: Winner Class B Doing Time at Joliet 2023 Autobahn ,Winner Org Choice award Were the Elite Meet to Cheat 2015
Chevy Camaro (Tiger striped #38)  (1989-2017 RIP old friend)
Chevy Corvette 1984......and still racing!

And its up!

The rally is a month after the race, guess I need to change priorities.

'18 PNW-Organizer's Choice '17 PNW-IOE '15 PNW-Judge's Choice '14 PNW-Heroic Fix
Jagvair 2.0 Build   Jagvair YouTube  Jagvair Facebook