Re: Halloween Hooptie! Who's in?

Anyone want to split our garage with us?  $140 gets you half the stall.  We're in garage 7, just down the row from HQ and tech/penalty.

Mod Squad Racing
http://twosrus.com

27 (edited by MFBense 2017-10-03 08:38 AM)

im dumb. ignore

28 (edited by MZAVARIN 2017-10-05 08:46 AM)

Friday practice:
I called the track for info----

Pay at the track/gate.  They will let people in on Thursday evening.  Can pay Thursday or Friday.

$150 for car and one driver
$50 for each additional driver

No half day tickets sold.

Driving time:
AM: 9a-12noon
PM: 1p-5p

Looks like they have a Autocross event in the parking lot on Sunday during the race?....(.in case your car blows up and you are bored and want to do something with your DD????)

MarioKart Driving School: 1987 Honda Prelude Si (Opus #28) 
Loudon, NH 2014 - Millville, NJ, Lightening 2019 (RIP)
New and improved: 1987 Honda Prelude Si (Opus #11) Pittsburgh, PA 2021 - ??
and finally won something, Class C Win: Loudon, NH 2022

MZAVARIN wrote:

Friday practice:
I called the track for info----

Pay at the track/gate.  They will let people in on Thursday evening.  Can pay Thursday or Friday.

$150 for car and one driver
$50 for each additional driver

No half day tickets sold.

Driving time:
AM: 9a-12noon
PM: 1p-5p

Looks like they have a Autocross event in the parking lot on Sunday during the race?....(.in case your car blows up and you are bored and want to do something with your DD????)

Also called the track yesterday for an assortment of information, this is what I got:

Practice: same prices, times, but I was told that you could also buy a half-day session for the 1-5pm block, for $100/car and 1 driver, then $50/driver beyond that

Spectating:
-Lemons site says kids 16 and under free, NHMS site says 12, I asked which it is and they said to call back next week
-$30 for the whole weekend, but was also told you could get day pass for $15 at the gate(or $10 online, don't know how you would go about that, there's no way to order passes on their site)

Other stuff:
-Was told that they would be hosting the pumpkin tossing Sat after the track goes cold for interested folks, didn't say on the potato guns, if you're thinking about it I'd recommend calling to get the info first-hand and give them an idea of what to expect

As is generally the case for NHMS, YMMV.  Feel free to call to get your own set of answers and pick your favorites to argue for at the gate tongue

Completely aside, the Team O'Neil rally school is holding a drift school and event Saturday and Sunday respectively, which may be the same as the autocross event on Sunday or completely separate.  Who knows!

2011 LA-#53 300zx, 10 OA/3 B; 2012 RHoNJ-Guest Outlaw! #115 Parnelli Jones Galaxie; LA-#53 300zx, 15 OA/5 B; HH-#53 300zx KERBLOOIE!!!; 2013 TGTN-#53 300zx, 30 OA/4 B; LA-#86 golf, 32 OA/7 B; HH-#53 300zx; 2014 HH-#53 300zx
2017 HH-Squidrope #847 BATMOBILE, 9 laps of DOMINATION then Screwed; 2019 HH-#847 batmobile, 42 OA; 2021 Thompson-#847 batmobile, 12 OA;  HH-got Corked (#491 Miata), 72 OA

There's always other stuff going on at the track. They have a couple side lots that they rent out most weekends to AutoX, drifters, exotic car experience places, etc. I've never seen a NHMS weekend that didn't have at least 1-2 other events going on at the same time.

20+ Time Loser FutilityMotorsport
Abandoned E36 Build
2008 Saab 9-5Aero Wagon
Retired - 1989 Dodge Daytona Shelby 2011-2015 "Lifetime Award for Lack of Achievement" IOE, 3X I got screwed, Organizer's Choice

I called and asked about having instructors in the car for testing  day and was told it was fine as long as both people are in full safety gear, seats, belts.

Chris from 3 Pedal Mafia

Good luck. Last year we asked at the front gate when we registered for test day and they said it was up to Lemons. HQ said it was up to the track, and the guy checking cars before they went on track said hell no. We couldn't send my brother out with a passenger to help him learn the track.

Abandoned E36 Build
2008 Saab 9-5Aero Wagon
Retired - 1989 Dodge Daytona Shelby 2011-2015 "Lifetime Award for Lack of Achievement" IOE, 3X I got screwed, Organizer's Choice

Sonic wrote:

I called and asked about having instructors in the car for testing  day and was told it was fine as long as both people are in full safety gear, seats, belts.

I've been told it was OK then be shot down by Betty Blue nose at the release point. So it depends on who is working the track that day. Much as I hate to say it I think the best strategy is to follow all the belt, seat and fire suit rules and role the dice on track entry.

When the question gets kicked up to the suits the answer is usually no.

Greg

1987 Alfa Milano (Bellissima since 2008), Racing since 2008 Stafford Springs,  2nd overall 2011 NJMP, 4th at NHMS 2011, 2nd at Summit 2011, Into the wall hard at Stafford Springs 2011, 2nd at Monticello 2013, 3rd at NHMS 2013, 2nd at NHMS 2016. 2nd at NJMP 2018

25,000 racing miles in 32 races in 10 years. Yes its the same motor. Tell me again how Alfas suck? Update: Big moneyshift = new motor

Having has the same experience in the past that’s why I called.  The person I spoke to didn’t know the answer so she went and asked the suits and got this answer.  I saved the voicemail in case I feel like having an argument at the track.

Chris from 3 Pedal Mafia

Sonic wrote:

Having has the same experience in the past that’s why I called.  The person I spoke to didn’t know the answer so she went and asked the suits and got this answer.  I saved the voicemail in case I feel like having an argument at the track.

Smart

1987 Alfa Milano (Bellissima since 2008), Racing since 2008 Stafford Springs,  2nd overall 2011 NJMP, 4th at NHMS 2011, 2nd at Summit 2011, Into the wall hard at Stafford Springs 2011, 2nd at Monticello 2013, 3rd at NHMS 2013, 2nd at NHMS 2016. 2nd at NJMP 2018

25,000 racing miles in 32 races in 10 years. Yes its the same motor. Tell me again how Alfas suck? Update: Big moneyshift = new motor

It would probably would jack up the cost and would require more work on Lemons staff's part (maybe) but one thing I have wanted all these years is for the whole Lemons weekend being a total 3 day affair, just so we have consistency.  It would be so much easier if Friday was straight up Lemons run test day + tech and BS, rather than the quasi Lemons/track run affair on Fridays. 

I get that there are teams that don't want to take advantage of test day and would rather save the money so maybe have it an option at registration like transponder rental or camping.

That's my allowance of rant I get for the season.

30 entries since 2009
#39 & #53 Overengineer'd Racing - Wilton, NH
http://www.facebook.com/nhlemons

Need a bit of help on how many drivers you can have?
I have the min paid 4 drivers on the list as I add a drive do I still get charged the $175 per driver? after there $60 License?

You have to have 4 drivers, and can have as many as 6.  Each registered driver is charged the driver fee, and each needs to have their yearly Lemons license.

Chris from 3 Pedal Mafia

DRVOLKS wrote:

Need a bit of help on how many drivers you can have?
I have the min paid 4 drivers on the list as I add a drive do I still get charged the $175 per driver? after there $60 License?

You have until I think tomorrow to make any changes before you get hit with bit late fees.

You need a minimum of 4 drivers registered with good info to be ok to race. Each driver is $175 on top of the $600 team fee. So the cheapest an event will be is $1300. For every driver you add after that it's another $175. So with 6 drivers it will be $1650. The licence is good for a full year, so that shouldn't be a cost at every race unless you're only running one race a year.

Abandoned E36 Build
2008 Saab 9-5Aero Wagon

DNFRacing will be there with the Miata's Vineyard car.  Hopefully we don't blow another engine.

This will be my personal last race as I'm leaving the team.   Too much money with a small kid and the time suck isn't worth it for missing my boy making moments that I could be a part of.

Sparky

DNF Racing 1992 Mazda Miata
"Cheat to win"

Are the alfas or other teams doing dinners on the Saturday?

DNF Racing 1992 Mazda Miata
"Cheat to win"

CTSparky wrote:

Are the alfas or other teams doing dinners on the Saturday?

We are going to do Pasta Fest Saturday night but we are short on crew (Sous chefs, cooks,& servers) so it may be scaled back a bit.

I'm struggling to get my motor together now.

Greg

I might have some extra crew....so if our car does not complete blow up on Sat., maybe I'll send some help your way....

Looking forward to fun time!  I love sitting by your campfire, sipping tequila, and enjoying a few laughs on Saturday night....

MarioKart Driving School: 1987 Honda Prelude Si (Opus #28) 
Loudon, NH 2014 - Millville, NJ, Lightening 2019 (RIP)
New and improved: 1987 Honda Prelude Si (Opus #11) Pittsburgh, PA 2021 - ??
and finally won something, Class C Win: Loudon, NH 2022

Final stretch. It's weird not having to worry about the car. Instead of rebuilding engines this week I'm worrying about how I'm going to mount live stream equipment into the car, and what to bring for bribes.

The only thing left to do is build a new radiator fan shroud. One of the OEM fans started eating itself so it shakes really badly now. Bought two new electric fans and need to throw together an aluminum shroud this week. Shouldn't be hard.

Abandoned E36 Build
2008 Saab 9-5Aero Wagon

We are ready I hope this time . The weather looks good for the weekend 60-70 no rain but its NH it can change in a heartbeat .
My wife has been working hard on tee shirts for the team and food. She will get some track time in the race this time.
Look forward to this one and seeing every one have fun.
DRVOLKS

squidrope wrote:

Just curious who's judging NHMS this year?  And if ya happen to know the size t-shirts they wear...  Again... just curious

Me & Steve.  We're both XL shirts.

Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

Paddock spot reservation request...

We will be doing our usual Pasta Fest Saturday night. Pasta, Vino, Garlic Bread, Meatballs, possibly other delicacies as well. We are current putting the car together and I don't expect to be on the road until this evening bound for NHMS. So if it would be possible for someone to either not take the spot against the fence where we (Pro Crash Duh Nation, Alfa) usually set up that would be a big help to getting everyone and the track workers fed Saturday night. Some of our great friends in veteran teams are not coming to this race and they have blocked out a little space for us in the past.

Even better if someone put up a couple of cones for us.

See you all at the track

Greg

I will ask my team to as some are local if they could try and cone off the area.

Red Lemons Racing wrote:

I will ask my team to as some are local if they could try and cone off the area.

Thanks, update my Tow vehicle broke down a few miles from home. We loaded the car and the bare minimum on a tiny trailer and sent it on ahead. I'm Scrambling to get the truck fixed or get a way to transport our spares and food etc.

It is always something- I've got to find a new hobby.

Greg